March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness
The UN member states celebrate March 20 as the International Day of Happiness. The UN General Assembly declared March 20 as a Happiness Day in 2012, Armenpress reports.
The UN calls on member states to celebrate this day through respective educational-information programs since search for happiness is the person’s main goal.
Representatives of the UN 193 member states unanimously voted in favor of the decision to declare March 20 as International Day of Happiness.
Governments of many countries, while determining their peoples’ welfare, started to consider factors, such as happiness as only economic figures do not provide an objective picture.
It’s worth mentioning that one of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
- Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies Annan’s foundation issued a statement on his Twitter account on Saturday morning that described him as a "global statesman and deeply committed internationalist who fought throughout his life for a fairer...
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
- At the Session of the UN Human Rights Council Armenia Presented a Resolution on Genocide Prevention The Sumgait massacre was widely condemned by the international community, including by the resolution of the European Parliament. Regrettably, the masterminds and perpetrators of this crime were not duly...
- Armenia Included in the UN Honour Roll 2018 The Honour Roll includes those member states that have paid their regular budget assessments in full within the 30 day due period specified in Financial Regulation.
Russia to Send S-300s to Syria within 2 Weeks
Armenian PM Instructs to Set Up Working Group to Study Gas Prices
Moldova Court Suspends President Dodon
Shinzo Abe and Trump Hold Constructive Talks on Trade and North Korea
Rouhani: Americans Want Iran to Have no Security
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
UN Gen-Sec Admired at Peaceful Power Change in Armenia
Powerful People, Powerful Citizens – PM Pashinyan about Election Results
Yerevan Election Vote Tallying Concluded, Hayk Marutyan to Assume Office as Mayor on October 10
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Voter Turnout in the Yerevan City Council Elections is 34.72% - CEC
Armenian Genocide Memorial Blessed in Boise
"Historic Selfie" of Nikol Pashinyan and Catholicos Garegin II
Armenian FM to attend UN General Assembly session in New York
President Armen Sarkissian Took Part in the Annual Summit of Minds in Chamonix
Ara Babloyan: It is Too Eearly to Speak about the Early Dissolution of Parliament
PM Nikol Pashinyan Departed to New York
RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to IRI President Hassan Rouhani
Ecuador Tried To Give Julian Assange A Diplomatic Post In Russia
Artsakh Republic President Visited the Homeland Defender's Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Gevorg Harutyunyan Took the Third Place at the "New Wave -2018" International Music Contest
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
"Declaration of Independence Laid Foundation of Artsakh’s State-Building’ – Armenian President Extends Congrats on 27th Anniversary
Dan Bilzerian Heads to Artsakh
Jean-Claude Van Damme to Be on Hand at Comedy Club Festival in Yerevan
Wind: 11.27 km/h