Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan addressed a letter to the UN Secretary General António Guterres reiterating Armenia's adherence to the global ceasefire call.
Underscoring the importance of joint actions in the fight against COVID-19, the Minister’s letter reads: “International assistance is equally important to people made vulnerable as a result of conflicts.
The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this regard. Armenia is ready to provide all necessary conditions for unimpeded work of the relevant UN bodies in a status neutral manner.”
“This pandemic is an overwhelming challenge to humanity, while joint efforts to overcome the virus can serve as a new beginning for reinvigorating multilateralism and collective endeavor for a world without wars, hostility and exclusion. Confidence building measures aimed at preventing, mitigating and managing disasters should be viewed as an opportunity in these challenging times for all people without exception, including parties to the conflict,” reads the letter of Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan.
- UN Secretary General Called COVID-19 a Number One Global Security Threat The coronavirus pandemic has gotten out of hand and the number of its victims will soon surpass 1 mln, Antonio Guterres said. "Soon, we will pass the grimmest of milestones: 1 million lives lost to the...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
- UNSC Adopts Resolution on Libya without Consensus According to Nebenzya, Russia did not support the resolution, because, at present, "there is no clear understanding that all the parties [to the Libyan conflict] are ready to implement this decision."
- UN Ends Peacekeeping Nission in Haiti as Protests Continue Haiti's current uprising grew in late August, with President Jovenel Moise reported to have siphoned off petrol funds during a national fuel shortage as the inflation rate reached over 17%.
- UN Urges ‘Maximum Restraint’ after Israel-Lebanon Border Flare Up On September 1 the Hizbullah movement destroyed an Israeli armored vehicle in the border area, Israel in retaliation attacked with more than 40 missiles the towns of Marun al Ras, Aitarun and Yarun, located...
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Hrant Dink Commemoration Events to be Held Online this Year
Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh Begin Coronavirus Vaccination
Armenia Records 163972 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Russian Foreign Ministry Informs US, French Ambassadors About Putin-Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Iran Fires Cruise Missiles during Naval Drill
Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic'
Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War
No Search Operations Planned in Artsakh at the Request of Azerbaijan
Feast of the Birth of St. John the Forerunner (Baptist)
Trump again Urges "No Violence" Following Historic 2nd Impeachment
Information Provided by Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan can’t Serve as Base for Prosecution against Them
Armenia Records 163576 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House of Representatives Impeaches Trump
Pilgrimage to Armenian St. Thaddeus Monastery in Iran Inscribed on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 12 km/h