UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday strongly condemned the deadly suicide attack at Russian embassy in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan, which killed two embassy employees, english.news reports.
"The secretary-general strongly condemns today's attack in Kabul in the immediate vicinity of the embassy of the Russian Federation. The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured," said Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for Guterres, in a statement.
The top UN official "reiterates that attacks against civilians and civilian objects, including diplomatic missions, are strictly prohibited under international humanitarian law," the statement said.
Two employees of the Russian embassy in Kabul were killed as an unknown militant set off an explosive device near the diplomatic mission on Monday, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
The explosion occurred at 10:50 a.m. local time (0620 GMT) in the immediate vicinity of the entrance to the consular section of the Russian embassy, the ministry said in a statement.
There were also victims among Afghan citizens, and the embassy is in close contact with the Afghan security services, which are investigating, it added.
- Alexander Novak: Russia reached agreement with Azerbaijan on increase of natural gas deliveries "There is an agreement with Azerbaijan to increase our supplies because they still have a gas deficit," he said.
- Russia and Iran To Introduce a Visa-free Regime The mode will be valid for groups of 5 to 50 people.
- Russia MFA: Azerbaijan-EU Natural Gas Agreement Does not Contradict Baku Allied Cooperation with Moscow Each and every country has the right to independently decide how and with whom to develop its relations, including in the oil and natural gas sector.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Armen Sarkissian Congratulates Antonio Guterres on the Re-Election as Secretary General of the Organization President of the Republic Armen Sarkissian sent a congratulatory message to Antonio Guterres on his re-election as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- UN Secretary General Called COVID-19 a Number One Global Security Threat The coronavirus pandemic has gotten out of hand and the number of its victims will soon surpass 1 mln, Antonio Guterres said. "Soon, we will pass the grimmest of milestones: 1 million lives lost to the...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
- UNSC Adopts Resolution on Libya without Consensus According to Nebenzya, Russia did not support the resolution, because, at present, "there is no clear understanding that all the parties [to the Libyan conflict] are ready to implement this decision."
The session of the committee monitoring the progress of the agreements reached at the 17th session of the Armenian-Iranian Inter-Governmental Joint Commission was held
Performance reports 2022 of the Water Committee presented to the Prime Minister
Lavrov welcomes decision to involve Iran in Turkey-Syria normalization talks
Vahagn Khachaturyan received YSU Rector Hovhannes Hovhannisyan
Pashinyan holds telephone conversation with Vladimir Putin
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus expresses concern over situation resulting from Lachin corridor blockade
EU has called on Azerbaijan to take measures to ensure freedom, security of movement in Lachin corridor - Borrell
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Direct flights between Yerevan and Sofia to be launched on April 29
Armenia, Artsakh face real threat of war from Azerbaijan: Adam Schiff
Azerbaijan advises citizens against traveling to Iran
Armenian church in Texas is named US Building of the Year 2022
Second arrest made in barracks fire case, Major faces criminally negligent manslaughter charges
Common Aviation Area Agreement between EU and Armenia enters into force
India: Health minister shot by cop from close range succumbs to bullet injury
Dutch MPs reject the meeting with deputy FM of Azerbaijan
Some roads are closed in Armenia
New US ambassador to Russia, Lynne Tracy, officially starts work
Donald Trump kicks off presidential campaign
Tehran summons Ukraine diplomat over comments on drone attack
NATO Secretary General says West should prepare for protracted conflict in Ukraine
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan leaves for consultations at home
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Los Angeles mayor and city council president address US president on Lachin corridor issue
Wind: 0 km/h