UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday strongly condemned the deadly suicide attack at Russian embassy in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan, which killed two embassy employees, english.news reports.
"The secretary-general strongly condemns today's attack in Kabul in the immediate vicinity of the embassy of the Russian Federation. The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured," said Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for Guterres, in a statement.
The top UN official "reiterates that attacks against civilians and civilian objects, including diplomatic missions, are strictly prohibited under international humanitarian law," the statement said.
Two employees of the Russian embassy in Kabul were killed as an unknown militant set off an explosive device near the diplomatic mission on Monday, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
The explosion occurred at 10:50 a.m. local time (0620 GMT) in the immediate vicinity of the entrance to the consular section of the Russian embassy, the ministry said in a statement.
There were also victims among Afghan citizens, and the embassy is in close contact with the Afghan security services, which are investigating, it added.
- Alexander Novak: Russia reached agreement with Azerbaijan on increase of natural gas deliveries "There is an agreement with Azerbaijan to increase our supplies because they still have a gas deficit," he said.
- Russia and Iran To Introduce a Visa-free Regime The mode will be valid for groups of 5 to 50 people.
- Russia MFA: Azerbaijan-EU Natural Gas Agreement Does not Contradict Baku Allied Cooperation with Moscow Each and every country has the right to independently decide how and with whom to develop its relations, including in the oil and natural gas sector.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Armen Sarkissian Congratulates Antonio Guterres on the Re-Election as Secretary General of the Organization President of the Republic Armen Sarkissian sent a congratulatory message to Antonio Guterres on his re-election as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- UN Secretary General Called COVID-19 a Number One Global Security Threat The coronavirus pandemic has gotten out of hand and the number of its victims will soon surpass 1 mln, Antonio Guterres said. "Soon, we will pass the grimmest of milestones: 1 million lives lost to the...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
- UNSC Adopts Resolution on Libya without Consensus According to Nebenzya, Russia did not support the resolution, because, at present, "there is no clear understanding that all the parties [to the Libyan conflict] are ready to implement this decision."
5-day weather forecast in Armenia
ICRC facilitates transfer of seven patients from blockaded Artsakh to Armenia for treatment
Sargis Khandanyan passes confirmation vote to become chair of parliamentary committee on foreign relations
Armenia acts with the agenda of the establishment of peace in the region for many years: Alen Simonyan receives ambassador of Portugal
Mexican Senate recognizes Armenian Genocide
Armenia to sign new agreement with US in nuclear energy use
Pashinyan Administration “worried” over Armenia’s decline in Transparency International’s global corruption rankings
Parliament greenlights prosecution of MP Armen Charchyan
Get out of politics, you have exhausted your political agenda: Alen Simonyan urged the opposition to come out of the political field
Only the unabated activity of the international community is the way to curb Azerbaijan's aggressiveness and provocative behaviour: Pashinyan
Blockade of Lachin corridor putting thousands of lives in peril must be immediately lifted – Amnesty
The situation is very difficult: Vardanyan gave interviews to Spanish and Italian periodicals
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
UK’s King Charles III meets with Zelensky at Buckingham Palace (Sky News)
White House denies US Navy's involvement in blowing up Nord Stream 2
Armenian rescue squad starts working in Turkey: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Foreign Minister sends a letter of condolence to Syrian Ambassador in Armenia
It is an absolute lie. MoD, NSS Armenia about Azerbaijani disinformation regarding preparing attack
Prime Minister Pashinyan received the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Croatia
Armenia has most interest in the reopening of connections in the region: Pashinyan
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Armenian Caucus leaders urge Biden Administration to consider emergency airlift, Azerbaijan sanctions to end Artsakh blockade
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
We highly appreciate the appeal of the European Parliament to the international community: Artsakh Foreign Ministry
In Stepanakert electricity outages will be carried out twice a day
Wind: 1.54 km/h