Armenia Can Become a Good Platform for International Free Economic Zones
The agreement on the establishment of a free economic zone between Iran and the EAEU is planned to be concluded by the end of May. This became known the other day, when the relevant statement was made by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Investments of Armenia, Hovhannes Azizyan.
It should be recalled that the agreement is to create a temporary three-year economic zone. In this regard, we should also note several important circumstances in the interests of the national economy of Armenia:
Taking into account the existence of only a land border with Armenia, it is clear that the positive impact of the Iran-EAEA agreement will primarily affect Armenia. This is an occasion, on the one hand, to create new jobs, increase economic activity, and on the other hand, to attract other international economic centers to Armenia. The latter is especially emphasized against the backdrop of the presence of a new level of trade and economic ties with the EU.
For Armenia, the creation of this economic zone can be twice useful, since, according to the Deputy Minister, the issue of trade of 400-500 kinds of goods on privileged preferential terms is on the negotiating table, among which there are such goods, which Armenia is very interested in exporting. In particular, we are talking about such products as mineral water, soft drinks, textile products, jewelry, etc.
And last but not least, the third important factor is the growing possibility of deepening economic relations with Iran, both in terms of weakening the protectionism applied to imports from Iran, and in terms of implementing many Armenian-Iranian programs.
- Israel Strikes Gaza Targets After Rocket Fire The rockets launched into Israel both fell in open terrain. No casualties were reported on either side.
- Turkey, Russia, Iran to Hold 5th Summit on Syria The summit aims at assessing the latest developments in war-weary Syria -- northwestern Idlib city in particular -- ending the conflict climate, ensuring the necessary conditions for the voluntary return...
- Iran Pushes South Korea to Release Billions Withheld by Banks "It is appalling to see that Korean banks have conveniently neglected their obligations, common international financial agreements, and decided to play politics and follow illegal and unilateral U.S. sanctions,"...
- Iran: US Must Stop its State Terrorism In a statement late on Wednesday, the US Department of State accused Iran and four other countries of not cooperating with Washington in the fight against terrorism.
- U.S. Envoy Threatens to Trigger Return of U.N. Sanctions on Iran A resolution needs nine yes votes and no vetoes by Russia, China, the United States, France or Britain to be adopted by the 15-member Security Council. Russia has already signaled it is opposed to extending...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Had a Phone Conversation with Mohammad Javad Zarif, the Foreign Minister of Iran During the phone conversation, a wide range of issues on bilateral cooperation was discussed.
- Zohrab Mnatsaknayan Held a Phone Conversation with the Foreign Minister of Iran Minister Mnatsakanyan congratulated his Iranian counterpart on the occasion of Nowruz, conveying solidarity and support of the Armenian people to the friendly people of Iran in the fight against the novel...
- Iran-Eurasia Trade Office Set up in Armenia Iran-Russia have reached agreements in this regard, he said noting that Armenia and other Eurasian states could make use of barter trade within the framework of tripartite agreement signed between Iran,...
- May God Keep You in Good Health: Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates IRI Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on birthday I attach great importance to our February meeting, at which we discussed a wide range of issues related to the development of multifaceted Armenian-Iranian cooperation.
- Armenian Deputy PM Met with Hassan Rouhani in Tehran During the meeting, the two sides discussed a host of issues, including the bilateral ties as well as the latest regional and international developments.
Greek Parliament Ratifies Armenia-EU CEPA
Trump Said His Administration Is Considering Banning the App TikTok
Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey
Armenia’s Deputy DM Gabriel Balayan Contracts Coronavirus
Serbs Storm Parliament after Virus Lockdown Announced
Mkhitar Hayrapetyan Became the Head of the NA Armenia-Iran Friendship Group
The Embassy of Armenia Commented on the Desecration of the Armenian Genocide Memorial
Armenia Records 29820 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the President of Latvia: Two Countries Possess Serious Potential for Cooperation
First Free Programs in the Healthcare Sphere are Being Brought to Life in Artsakh
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Japan’s Prime Minister
Kalashnikov Factory in Armenia to Produce 50,000 Rifles Annually
Dolma Festival held in Odessa, Ukraine
Iran's Oil Storage Almost Full as Sanctions and Pandemic Weigh
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
North Korea Has No Plans to Hold Talks with US
Microsoft and Zoom Join Hong Kong Data 'Pause'
Artsakh President Received Armenia's Prosecutor General Arthur Davtyan
Pompeo Warns of Potential Restriction of Chinese TikTok App
The Élysée Palace Announced the Makeup of the New Government
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 7 km/h