Armenia Can Become a Good Platform for International Free Economic Zones
The agreement on the establishment of a free economic zone between Iran and the EAEU is planned to be concluded by the end of May. This became known the other day, when the relevant statement was made by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Investments of Armenia, Hovhannes Azizyan.
It should be recalled that the agreement is to create a temporary three-year economic zone. In this regard, we should also note several important circumstances in the interests of the national economy of Armenia:
Taking into account the existence of only a land border with Armenia, it is clear that the positive impact of the Iran-EAEA agreement will primarily affect Armenia. This is an occasion, on the one hand, to create new jobs, increase economic activity, and on the other hand, to attract other international economic centers to Armenia. The latter is especially emphasized against the backdrop of the presence of a new level of trade and economic ties with the EU.
For Armenia, the creation of this economic zone can be twice useful, since, according to the Deputy Minister, the issue of trade of 400-500 kinds of goods on privileged preferential terms is on the negotiating table, among which there are such goods, which Armenia is very interested in exporting. In particular, we are talking about such products as mineral water, soft drinks, textile products, jewelry, etc.
And last but not least, the third important factor is the growing possibility of deepening economic relations with Iran, both in terms of weakening the protectionism applied to imports from Iran, and in terms of implementing many Armenian-Iranian programs.
- Iran Considering EU-Hosted Nuclear Deal Talks with US Iran insists the United States must first lift former President Donald Trump’s sanctions while Washington says Tehran must first return to compliance with the deal.
- Over 40 People Injured in Iranian Earthquake There are no fatalities as a result of a disaster.
- IAEA Director-General Plans to Visit Iran IAEA Director-General Mariano Grossi plans to visit Iran to find a mutually acceptable solution allowing the IAEA to continue working in the country
- Iran Top Diplomat Urges Biden to Return to Nuclear Deal "Time is running out for the Americans, both because of the parliament bill and the election atmosphere that will follow the Iranian New Year," Zarif said in an interview with Hamshahri newspaper published...
- Iran FM Calls on New US Administration to Lift All Sanctions Imposed Under Trump In an article published in Foreign Affairs on Friday, Zarif elaborated on Iran’s stances on the 2015 nuclear deal and the incoming US administration’s expected policies.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Had a Phone Conversation with Mohammad Javad Zarif, the Foreign Minister of Iran During the phone conversation, a wide range of issues on bilateral cooperation was discussed.
- Zohrab Mnatsaknayan Held a Phone Conversation with the Foreign Minister of Iran Minister Mnatsakanyan congratulated his Iranian counterpart on the occasion of Nowruz, conveying solidarity and support of the Armenian people to the friendly people of Iran in the fight against the novel...
- Iran-Eurasia Trade Office Set up in Armenia Iran-Russia have reached agreements in this regard, he said noting that Armenia and other Eurasian states could make use of barter trade within the framework of tripartite agreement signed between Iran,...
- May God Keep You in Good Health: Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates IRI Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on birthday I attach great importance to our February meeting, at which we discussed a wide range of issues related to the development of multifaceted Armenian-Iranian cooperation.
- Armenian Deputy PM Met with Hassan Rouhani in Tehran During the meeting, the two sides discussed a host of issues, including the bilateral ties as well as the latest regional and international developments.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armen Sarkissian Met with Vazgen Manukyan, Arthur Vanetsyan, Vahram Baghdasaryan, and Artsvik Minasyan
Murders of Armenian Civilians in Hadrut Described as War Crimes by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – Armenia’s MFA
Armenia's President Visits Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Armen Sarkissian Met with the Leaders of the NA "My Step", "Bright Armenia" Factions and the Secretary of the "Prosperous Armenia" Faction
Armenia’s President does not Return Petition to Release Onik Gasparyan
PACE is Unhappy with Armenian Army's Statement
Putin Discussed Situation around Nagorno-Karabakh with Security Council Members
Armenia-Russia-Azerbaijan Deputy Prime Ministerial Task Force to Meet Again
Armen Sarkissian Met with the Speaker of Armenia’s National Assembly Ararat Mirzoyan
Armen Sarkissian to Meet with the Leaders and Representatives of the Parliamentary Factions
Kremlin Spokesperson Says Events in Armenia do not yet Affect Implementation of Nagorno-Karabakh Agreements
Armenian, Artsakh FMs Discuss NK Conflict Settlement
Armen Sarkissian Plans to Meet with the Chief of the General Staff of the RA Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Sent a Memorandum to International Organizations on the Occasion of the Visit of the Azerbaijani President to the Occupied Territories of the Republic of Artsakh
Armenia’s NA Council Session Does not Take Place After Speaker Fails to Come and Open it – Edmon Marukyan
Armenia Records 171510 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
UN Expresses Concern over Events in Armenia and Calls on Parties to Restrain
France Embassy in Armenia Issues Statement
US Condemns Demolition of Armenian Church in Turkey
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 6 km/h