New Fintech Project to Enable Russians to Transfer Money via Messengers
FinTech Association, founded in collaboration with the Bank of Russia, has confirmed the report and noted that any transfer via mobile phone will be carried out by the number or email, as well as social network account, Banks.am reports.
Transfers via Тelegram, WhatsApp, Viber and Facebook Messenger will be possible after the mentioned messenger services are integrated with the Fast Payment System that FinTech Association is developing, said an Izvestia source close to the bank. WhatsApp and Viber have announced their support for the novelty.
The project will enable users to transfer money to each other, bypassing the mobile and online banks of credit organizations. The messengers will feature a payment/transfer button. Clicking on it will bring out a pop-up window, where the user will need to enter the phone number, recipient’s account and the recipient bank. The messenger services will define the interface and the payments will be made online.
“As you can see, the payment mechanism is expected to resemble the one used in the transfers from Sberbank card by phone number, where the payment is made through the mobile operator. Sberbank has its own messenger as well in Sberbank Online app: the messenger transfers money online, but you need to sign in the online bank to use it,” Izvestia reports.
Nevertheless, the experts point out the risks for data security, which is why the authorization and establishment of limits on transactions remain priority issues for payment via messengers.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Biden Speaks with Macron, Agrees to Coordinate on Iran Nuclear Deal
Four Players and President of Brazilian Club Palmas Killed in Plane Crash
Trump Adviser Claims Former President has no Plans for Third Political Party
Israel Decides to Ban Passenger Flights to Curb COVID-19 Spread
Armenia Records 166094 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh
Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Eve of the Fast of Catechumens
Joe Biden Is Secretly Kurdish and Emigrated to the United States from Yerevan: Turkish Former Deputy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia
Iran FM Calls on New US Administration to Lift All Sanctions Imposed Under Trump
Five More Bodies of War Casualties Retrieved from Karabakh Conflict Zone
Artsakh Military Releases Names of 72 More Fallen Troops
Russian State TV to Screen Film Dedicated to Arno Babajanyan’s 100th Anniversary on Saturday
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 4 km/h