Judging Me Will not Force Me Abandon Fight for Justice for Genocide: Garo Paylan
Garo Paylan, Istanbul Armenian MP and vice-chairman of the opposition pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party (HDP) of Turkey, responded to the announcement on the launching of a criminal case against him, and under the infamous Article 301 ("insulting the Turkish nation") of the Turkish Penal Code, News.am reports. Paylan told that he has always called "genocide" the tragedy which his family and nation survived.
"As a deputy of the Turkish parliament, I have demanded from the Turkish parliament to call it like it is," Paylan said. "Like everywhere, also in the interview noted in the criminal case filed against me, I have said the word "genocide." And I didn’t accuse today’s Turkish people, but the then junta with a genocidal mindset," he added.
"Sadly, Turkey currently is again rolling back and attempting to prevent - with pressures - the demands for confrontation with the past. But let the Turkish prosecutors and the Ministry of Justice - which gave a green light to their criminal case - know that by filing a criminal case against me they will not force me to abandon the fight for justice for what has occurred in the present and in the past."
- Netanyahu Delayed Armenian Genocide Debate Israely Prime Minister Benjamin Netnayahu delayed a ministerial debate of motions to officially recognize the Armenian genocide.
- Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul The judgment of dropping the case also mentioned that ''the protesters didn't seek to publicly mock the Turkish nation''.
- U.S. Secretary of State Will Review the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide During the House Foreign Affairs committee hearing Congressman David Cicilline asked Pompeo whether he will recognize the Genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire against its Armenian citizens.
- Aleppo: Events Dedicated to the 103rd Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide Similar other commemoration events took place in the city.
- Rome: Event Dedicated to 103rd Anniversary of Armenian Genocide 103 years have passed since the attempt to exterminate Armenians, but we continued to live and create, preserve our faith, language and homeland, culture and churches.
Pope Francis Writes to Catholics Worldwide over Sexual Abuse
Armenia Defense Minister Travels to Moscow
European Commissioner: Brexit Vote Could In Theory Be Reversed
Search Conducted in Armenia 2nd President’s Mansion
Trump: Israel will Have a PM Named Mohammed if no Deal
Greece Emerges from Eurozone Bailout Programme
Putin: It is Extremely Important to Preserve Iranian Nuclear Deal
EU: There is a Lot of Potential to Further Increase Usage of GSP+ with Armenia
U.S. Government Trying to Force Facebook to Break Encryption
Erdogan Reelected as Chairman of Justice and Development Party
Merkel and Putin Discuss Ukraine, Nord Stream-2 at ''Serious, Detailed'' talks
Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Yerevan City Council Early Elections to be Held on September 23
Artsakh Republic President Met with the General Staff of the Republic of Armenia Armed Forces
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Coordinator of the "Congress of Refugees from the Azerbaijani SSR" NGO
Wind: 17.70 km/h