Tigran Balayan: This Provocation by Baku Aimed at Aggravating the Situation and Undermining the Agreements
The killing of a Defense Army serviceman of Artsakh on the eve of the OSCE Minsk group Co-Chairs’ visit to Armenia, as yet another provocation by Baku aimed at aggravating the situation and undermining the agreements on reducing the tension in the region, Armenian foreign ministry spokesperson Tigran Balayan said in a commentary.
"Yesterday night, on the Line of Contact between Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh) and Azerbaijan a soldier of the Artsakh Defense Army has been shot dead as result of a gross violation of ceasefire regime by the Azerbaijani side. We express our deep condolences to relatives and fellow servicemen.
We consider this action, committed on the eve of the OSCE Minsk group Co-Chairs’ visit to Armenia, as yet another provocation by Baku aimed at aggravating the situation and undermining the agreements on reducing the tension in the region. This incident once again highlights the importance of implementation of the trilateral agreements of 1994-1995 on establishment and reinforcement of the ceasefire regime, which have no time limitations, as well as of the agreements reached at the 2016-2017 summits on the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict related to the mechanism of investigation of incidents on the Line of Contact and expanding the capacities of the Personal representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office.
We have repeatedly stated that creating an environment conducive to peace is of key importance for a progress in Nagorno-Karabakh peace process. Such actions of the Azerbaijani side, in fact, pursue an opposite goal.
The responsibility for all possible consequences of this provocation is fully borne by the Azerbaijani side," Balayan said.
- OSCE Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- OSCE to Conduct Ceasefire Monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border The authorities of the Republic of Artsakh have expressed their readiness to assist in conducting the monitoring and to ensure the security of the OSCE Mission members.
- During the Past Week Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime More Than 200 Times The Defense Army advanced units refrained from responding and continued confidently carry out the assigned combat mission.taking necessary steps to organize the reliable protection of military positions. ...
- NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime More Than Times The Defense Army advanced units basically refrained from responding and continue to confidently carry out the combat duty.
- Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Aghasi Mkrtchyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal President Bako Sahakyan signed a decree according to which serviceman of the Artsakh Republic Defense Army's N division Aghasi Mkrtchyan was posthumously awarded with the "For Service in Battle" medal...
Relentless California Wildfires Leave 80 Dead, Over 1,200 Others Still Missing
WSJ: With Facebook at "War," Zuckerberg Adopts More Aggressive Style
Macron: Europe Must Grow more Sovereign to Fulfil its Duty of Preventing "Chaos" in Global Affairs
APEC Fails to Issue Joint Statement Amid US-China Tensions
Bako Sahakyan Met In Los Angeles With Armenian Philanthropists
Trump Says Report on Khashoggi Death Expected in a Few Days
200 Injured During Paris Protests
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Is Closed
Saudi Crown Prince Is Blamed For The Assassination Of Khashoggi
Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Sasna Tsrer Party Conducting Automobile Race to Karabakh
UEFA Nations League: Armenia Beats Gibraltar 6:2
Armenia Acting PM to Demand Explanations from Belarus, Kazakhstan Presidents
Bako Sahakyan arrives in U.S. on working visit
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Would-be Suicide Bomber Called 911 to Notify About Intentions Before Attempting to Enter Government HQ
Wind: 6.44 km/h