Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Azerbaijan's agressive rhetoric has recently escalated, creating additional threats to regional security. The leadership of Azerbaijan has regularly threatened by the war, but the recent statement of Azerbaijani Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov that the resumption of hostilities is a matter of a political decision conditioned by the international situation is a quite new thing. Hasanov, in particular, said: "The main task of the army is to liberate the occupied territories and restore the territorial integrity of the country." The Azerbaijani army is ready to fulfill this task at any time. "The order for this task is a political issue, and such an order will arrive at the most appropriate moment, taking into account the international political situation."
Before that, Zakir Hasanov used to say: "The Azerbaijani army is ready to resist the provocations of the enemy," "The army is ready for large-scale military operations," "If the talks fail to produce results, Azerbaijan will use force," etc. But this time the Azerbaijani side acknowledged that they are ready to begin military operations at the first convenient moment. And this, in fact, is a refusal of a political settlement through negotiations.
Thus, official Baku declares that, regardless of the negotiations and existing agreements, when the international situation is favorable, Azerbaijan will start a war at its most convenient moment.
This is a very important and dangerous signal. The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Armenia and Artsakh should make an active effort to draw the attention of the mediators to this change of rhetoric and achieve a clear reaction of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, not only and not primarily in the form of a common statement.
It is not excluded that Baku thus checks the reaction of the conflicting parties and the international community. And if this answer is not sufficiently rigid and preventive, the consequences can become unpredictable and difficult.
- Nikol Pashinyan Attends Panel Discussion on the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict on the Sidelines of the Munich Security Conference Before the panel discussion, Prime Minister Pashinyan had a brief interview with the President of Azerbaijan.
- Pashinyan, Aliyev to Attend Discussion on NK Konflict in Munich The discussion will take place on February 15, from 17:30 to 18:15 local time (20:30-21:15 Yerevan time).
- We do Not Ract to Unknown Users' 'Deleted Tweets': Foreign Ministry Spokesperson (Tert.am) As for the second part of your question, Mr Kasprzyk visits all the three parties to the conflict.
- The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan The false and empty claims of Azerbaijan pretending that representatives of Nagorno-Karabakh have been elected in those elections vividly illustrate Azerbaijan's distorted perception of democracy.
- OSCE Conduct Monitoring On The Border East Of Talish Village In accordance with the arrangement reached with the authorities of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic), the OSCE Mission on February 6 will carry out a planned monitoring of the ceasefire...
Germany Shooting: 9 Killed and Suspect Found Dead in Hanau
Russia, Turkey, Iran Working to Agree on Date for Syria Summit
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
"Yarkhushta is One of the Most Significant Dances of our National Identity" – Armenia Due to Host Jarkhushta Festival on June 13
It was a Struggle Aimed at the Restoration of Historical Justice, the Protection of Human Rights and Freedoms: Bako Sahakyan
Feast of St. Vartan the Captain and Companions
Macron Announced Measures to End the Nomination by Turkey, Algeria, Morocco of 300 Imams a Year for France
Armenia's Delegation Led by Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Danish Parliamentarians
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Erdogan: Military Operation into Idlib to be Launched at Any Time
Armenia's FM Received Syrian Ambassador and Expressed Deep Appreciation for Recognition of Armenian Genocide
Head of Department for Working with Personnel of Armed Forces Dismissed
President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation in the Martouni Regional Center
Chief of Military Police Dismissed
Armenia's PM Submits to President Proposal to Dismiss Two Army Officials
Recoveries From Coronavirus Outnumber Infections In Past 24 Hours For First Time
Ararat Mirzoyan Expressed Hope That Denmark Would Support The Launch Of EU-Armenia Gialogue On Visa-Liberalization
Armen Sarkissian Received Ambassador Of China To Armenia
First Group Of Passangers Left The Diamond Princess
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 3 km/h