Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Azerbaijan's agressive rhetoric has recently escalated, creating additional threats to regional security. The leadership of Azerbaijan has regularly threatened by the war, but the recent statement of Azerbaijani Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov that the resumption of hostilities is a matter of a political decision conditioned by the international situation is a quite new thing. Hasanov, in particular, said: "The main task of the army is to liberate the occupied territories and restore the territorial integrity of the country." The Azerbaijani army is ready to fulfill this task at any time. "The order for this task is a political issue, and such an order will arrive at the most appropriate moment, taking into account the international political situation."
Before that, Zakir Hasanov used to say: "The Azerbaijani army is ready to resist the provocations of the enemy," "The army is ready for large-scale military operations," "If the talks fail to produce results, Azerbaijan will use force," etc. But this time the Azerbaijani side acknowledged that they are ready to begin military operations at the first convenient moment. And this, in fact, is a refusal of a political settlement through negotiations.
Thus, official Baku declares that, regardless of the negotiations and existing agreements, when the international situation is favorable, Azerbaijan will start a war at its most convenient moment.
This is a very important and dangerous signal. The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Armenia and Artsakh should make an active effort to draw the attention of the mediators to this change of rhetoric and achieve a clear reaction of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, not only and not primarily in the form of a common statement.
It is not excluded that Baku thus checks the reaction of the conflicting parties and the international community. And if this answer is not sufficiently rigid and preventive, the consequences can become unpredictable and difficult.
- Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda This was once more announced two months ago in Bratislava, he said adding this is an important element of our approach to settlement, Armenia cannot question it and assume that security and status can...
- Azerbaijan Opened Fire In The Direction Of Armenianian Positions Azerbaijani Armed Forces divisions opened fire in the direction of positions of the Armenian Armed Forces, spokesperson of Armenia’s Defense Ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan wrote on his Facebook page.
- Azerbaijan Violates Truce 190 Times Past Week Vanguard units of the Artsakh Defense Army respect the ceasefire regime and continue to confidently carry out their combat duty.
- Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan In addition, he said, a very important thing happened as a result of that meeting; "A new content of the negotiations on the Karabakh issue is being formulated, which I conventionally call the Munich Principles."
- Nikol Pashinyan Attends Panel Discussion on the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict on the Sidelines of the Munich Security Conference Before the panel discussion, Prime Minister Pashinyan had a brief interview with the President of Azerbaijan.
Mikhail Mishustin Appoints Trade Representative to Armenia
Armenian, Russian FMs Discussed Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Croatia Reports The First Case Of Coronavirus Infection
Nikol Pashinyan Is Planning An Official Visit to Moldova
Iranian Deputy Health Minister Says He Has Contracted Coronavirus
Armenian, Russian FMs Hold Meeting in Geneva
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak Dies
Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year
Karabakh Will Never Be Part of Azerbaijan: This Was the Supreme Goal of My Life and Will Follow Me Till the End - Serzh Sargsyan
Bako Sahakyan Receives ARF party Bureau Representative
We are Working on Possible Meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran, Peskov Says
Death Toll Rises as Violence Continues for Third Day in Delhi
Israel-Gaza Ceasefire Takes Hold after Two-Day Flare-up
Seventh Coronavirus Patient Dies in Italy as Authorities Urge Calm
Some Roads are Closed in the Area of the Republic
Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’
Colombia Congressional Committee to Investigate President After ex-Senator's Allegations
Armenians Advised to Avoid Crowded Locations in Northern Italy and Contact Embassy
Artsakh President Attends Opening of Conference of Armenian National Committees and Offices
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 9 km/h