US-China Trade War Has Started
The much discussed trade war between United States and China has started recently.
It all began with the strict protectionist policy adopted by the US President Trump's Administration, whose target has been China as the US main trading competitor. By setting a 25% customs duty on imported goods worth more than $ 50 billion annually, Trump justified his move by "stealing the latest US technology by Chinese authorities."
In fact, Trump carries out promises made during his election campaign, the core of which is the ideology of the American interests. Following the election, the same taxation policy was applied to American companies outside the United States, with the goal of concentrating their activities in the homeland.
Meanwhile, one of the most vivid obstacles to the full implementation of US interest supremacy is the expensive domestic production, as a result of which the imported goods are more competitive. In this context, China, as the largest trade partner, poses a major threat. That is to say, it is necessary to create a situation where Chinese products will not appear in the American market or they will be non-competitive.
The implementation of the first is almost impossible, taking into account a number of commercial conventions and responsibilities that the United States has. As for the low price issue, which is the main cause of Chinese goods competitiveness, this decision will be a very effective tool.
The high customs duties on imports of Chinese goods will harm both countries, as the deficit of Chinese goods in the American market will be supplemented with local goods, which will be much more expensive. That is, a high level of inflation will be expected in the country. On the other hand, China, in turn, has responded to the import duties on a number of American products.
- Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation.
- US-China Currency War Will Affect All the Developing Economies The consequences of these mutual trade operations are not just the concern of these two economies, and it is explained not only by the fact that they are superpowers, but also by measures taken as a result...
- China Says U.S. Pressure will not Impact Trade Talks Speaking on the sidelines of a meeting with Southeast Asian foreign ministers, Wang said pressure from the United States would not have any impact on any trade negotiations.
- China Imposes Retaliatory Duties on 800 Goods from US According to the US Customs and Border Service, the United States on July 6, introduced the first installment of 25% import duties for 818 items of Chinese goods for the total amount of $34 bln.
- Oil Prices Drop as Iran Signals Support for Opec Output Rise Brent crude futures were at $74.51 per barrel at 0152 GMT, down 23 cents, or 0.3 percent, from their last close.
Pope Francis Writes to Catholics Worldwide over Sexual Abuse
Armenia Defense Minister Travels to Moscow
European Commissioner: Brexit Vote Could In Theory Be Reversed
Search Conducted in Armenia 2nd President’s Mansion
Trump: Israel will Have a PM Named Mohammed if no Deal
Greece Emerges from Eurozone Bailout Programme
Putin: It is Extremely Important to Preserve Iranian Nuclear Deal
EU: There is a Lot of Potential to Further Increase Usage of GSP+ with Armenia
U.S. Government Trying to Force Facebook to Break Encryption
Erdogan Reelected as Chairman of Justice and Development Party
Merkel and Putin Discuss Ukraine, Nord Stream-2 at ''Serious, Detailed'' talks
Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Yerevan City Council Early Elections to be Held on September 23
Artsakh Republic President Met with the General Staff of the Republic of Armenia Armed Forces
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Coordinator of the "Congress of Refugees from the Azerbaijani SSR" NGO
Wind: 17.70 km/h