Erdoğan Announces Ministers of Turkey's New Cabinet
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has announced the new ministers of his cabinet as Turkey officially switched to an executive presidency, Hurriyet daily news reports.
Erdoğan appointed Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar as the new defense minister and his son-in-law Berat Albayrak as the Treasury and Finance Minister in a 16-seat surprise cabinet with not much known bureaucratic figures, hours after he was sworn into office on July 9.
Erdoğan’s vice president is Fuat Oktay, former undersecretary of the office of the prime minister, who is regarded as one of the architects of the bureaucratic and administrative transformation after the governmental system has been shifted into presidency through last year’s referendum.
Erdoğan opted to continue with current Justice Minister Abdülhamit Gül, Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu and Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu in the new cabinet.
These figures, along with Berat Albayrak, who will serve as the Treasury and Finance Minister, will have to resign from the Parliament to join the cabinet.
Mustafa Varank, one of closest aides of Erdoğan, will serve as the Industry and Development Minister in the new cabinet.
- "Done Deal": Turkish FM Says Purchase of Russian S-400 Cannot Be Cancelled The US Department of Defense spokesman Eric Pahon told Sputnik on Monday that the Pentagon was still working with US Congress to find alternatives to Russia's S-400 air defense systems for Turkey.
- ''Why Don’t you Say that Dolmabahçe Palace Was Built by an Armenian Architect, that Akhtamar Belongs to Us?'' Garo Paylan Garo Paylan spoke about the Armenian cultural heritage in Turkey during the discussions of the budget of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, emphasizing that the cultural appropriation is presented differently.
- Federica Mogherini and Johannes Hahn in Ankara for the High Level Political Dialogue On 22 November High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission Federica Mogherini and Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement...
- Pentagon, US Congress Seek Alternatives to Russia's S-400 for Turkey Pentagon is working with Congress to help find alternatives to Russia's S-400 air defense systems for Turkey.
- Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, head of National Intelligence Service (MIT) Hakan Fidan and Presidential Spokesman İbrahim Kalın as well as U.S. Special Representative for Syria James Jeffrey...
Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Is Named "Person of the Year"
250,000 Syrian Refugees Could Return Home in 2019
Johannes Hahn Congratulates Pashinyan on Election Victory
Armen Sarkissian Will Take Part in the Inauguration of the Georgian President
Bako Sahakyan Visited New Church's Site In Stepanakert
Acting PM’s Spouse Anna Hakobyan to Depart for Switzerland on Working Visit
Australia to Recognize Jerusalem as Israeli Capital - Report
"Yellow Vest" Movement: Macron’s New Economic Measures will Cost up to 10 bln Euro
"Bohemian Rhapsody" Now Most-Streamed 20th Century Song
Secretary Pompeo: "China is the Greatest Threat US Faces"
Georgian President Congratulates Pashinyan over Impressive Victory of "My step" Block in Elections
The USA Congratulates Armenians on the Conduct of their Parliamentary Elections
EU Accepts Results of Early Parliamentary Elections in Armenia
Democratic Elections were Held in Armenia: PACE observer group
May God Keep and Hold Firm our Homeland: Catholicos Aram I Sends Letter to Armenian President
Sharmazanov: We Will Continue our Fight as an Extra Parliamentary Opposition
President Sarkissian Addresses Nation on General Election
Schiff Says Trump May Face "Real Prospect of Jail Time" after Leaving Office
Artur Arushanyan from Artsakh Became Four-Time European Champion
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
President Discussed with the Leadership of THALES and OpenClassrooms Opportunities of Cooperation in Armenia
We are Unable to Change History, but History is Well Able to Change us to Make Our Future Better: Nikol Pashinyan
MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic
President Views as Desirable UNESCO’s Participation to the Preservation of the Cultural and Historical Heritage of Gyumri
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Wind: 19.31 km/h