OSCE MG Co-Chairs Again Stress Importance of Reducing Tensions and Avoiding Inflammatory Rhetoric
During the meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani foreign ministers in Brussels on July 11, the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs stressed the importance of reducing tensions and avoiding inflammatory rhetoric, reports Armenpress.
The Co-Chairs issued a statement which says: "The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stephane Visconti of France and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America) hosted an introductory meeting between Foreign Minister of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov on July 11 in Brussels. Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk also participated in the meeting. This was the first high-level meeting between the sides in this format since elections in Armenia and Azerbaijan.
The Ministers exchanged views regarding the situation on the ground and discussed next steps and parameters for re-engaging in substantive negotiations. The sides considered several issues for future meetings, including a range of possible confidence-building measures.
The Co-Chairs stressed the importance of reducing tensions and avoiding inflammatory rhetoric. The Co-Chairs also reiterated their commitment to helping the sides find a peaceful solution to the conflict based on the core principles of the Helsinki Final Act, including the non-use or threat of force, territorial integrity, and the equal rights and self-determination of peoples.
The Ministers agreed to meet again in the near future under the auspices of the Co-Chairs".
- Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week As the ministry said, the Defense Army’s frontline troops strictly adhere to the ceasefire regime, confidently continuing their military vigil.
- MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic John Bolton’s expectations for the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict settlement are not realistic for various reasons, said Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian in the interview...
- OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule From the opposite side of the border, the monitoring was conducted by Field Assistant to the Personal Representative of the OSCE CiO Mihail Olaru (Moldova) and Personal Assistant to the CiO Personal Representative...
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The sides discussed the current situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
- President of Artsakh Observes Process of Tactical Maneuvers Involving Troops of Defense Army's Central Military Region On the same day the Head of the State visited the Mets Shen village of the Martakert region, met with the residents and talked on site over the existing problems and ways of solving them.
Bako Sahakyan Met In Los Angeles With Armenian Philanthropists
Trump Says Report on Khashoggi Death Expected in a Few Days
200 Injured During Paris Protests
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Is Closed
Saudi Crown Prince Is Blamed For The Assassination Of Khashoggi
Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Sasna Tsrer Party Conducting Automobile Race to Karabakh
UEFA Nations League: Armenia Beats Gibraltar 6:2
Armenia Acting PM to Demand Explanations from Belarus, Kazakhstan Presidents
Bako Sahakyan arrives in U.S. on working visit
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Special Task Force to be Set Up To Deal with Possible Violations during Snap parliamentary Elections
California Wildfire Death Toll Grows with Hundreds Missing
Brexit: I am Going to See This Through, Says Theresa May
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Would-be Suicide Bomber Called 911 to Notify About Intentions Before Attempting to Enter Government HQ
Wind: 8.05 km/h