US-China Currency War Will Affect All the Developing Economies
Economic tension between China and the United States continue to be one of the most remarkable topics in the global economy. Mutual economic and commercial attacks between the two countries have gained a new wave after Trump's coming to power in US, conditioned by his strictly protective policy implemented.
It should be reminded that in June the US officially declared 25% additional tariffs for imported Chinese goods ($ 50 billion) followed by China's symmetric actions. Moreover, Trump promised another 10% tax increase for Chinese goods, but recently raised them again by 25%. The Chinese authorities did not hesitate to respond: they made a statement on the reduction of volumes of imports of a number of US goods.
The consequences of these mutual trade operations are not just the concern of these two economies, and it is explained not only by the fact that they are superpowers, but also by measures taken as a result of the tension. It is all about China's currency policy, which is constantly used in such situations, particularly in the form of yuan devaluation.
It should be noted that the devaluation of Chinese currency has both natural and artificial causes. The tense economic relationship with the United States as a result of which the Chinese currency has dropped is considered as natural cause. The artificial reason is the monetary policy pursued by China, and as a result, the yuan is devalued to maintain its competitiveness. It affects all other parties involved in commercial relations, including the United States according to which China has always been a dishonest partner.
It should be noted that as a result of Yuan's devaluation, Western-Asian tensions are integrated into the global economy, especially developing countries that have close commercial ties with both countries and have no economical capacities to withstand such situations. It is enough to observe the dynamics of the effects of dollar fluctuations on economies of different countries over the years.
It means that any country should work with its own monetary regulators to mitigate the consequences of the dramatic fluctuations in the exchange rates of the international currencies.
- Trump Says Ready to Help end Saudi-Russian Oil-Price War The threat of a global recession triggered by the coronavirus pandemic had already hammered prices when Riyadh said last month it would raise exports after a production-cut agreement among top producers...
- WTI Oil Price Breaks $20 Barrier for First Time Since 2002 The oil prices continue to be rattled amid news on continuous increase of coronavirus cases around the world.
- Iraq Proposes Budget Cuts to Foreign Oil Firms After Oil Pice Crash Iraqi officials said low oil prices have forced the oil ministry to review its plans on how to repay international oil companies (IOCs) their dues during the first six months of the year. The ministry...
- G20 Leaders Commit to United Front Against Pandemic- Reuters During an video conference of the world’s major economies, the leaders said they were committed to restoring confidence, preserving financial stability and reviving growth.
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
History Museum of Armenia Among Top 10 CIS Museums
CNN: Trump Again Tests Negative for Coronavirus, White House Says
Armenia Records 736 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Arsen Torosyan: Total Number of People in Armenia Recovered From Coronavirus has Reached 43
The Ninth Activity to Minimize the Economic Impact of COVID-19 Provides for Support of Families with Children Under the age of Eighteen
We Once Again Remind, that the Citizens of the Republic of Armenia Cannot Return from Russian Federation to Armenia by Land Routes. Armenia MFA
Armenia's PM Visit to Netherlands Postponed
Coronavirus-Infected 78-Year-Old Patient Dies in Yerevan
EU Will Provide €51 Million to Armenia to Fight against COVID-19
April Aggression by Azerbaijan only Strengthened the Determination of Artsakh People: Artsakh MFA
Trump's Net Worth Drops $1 Billion: Forbes
Artsakh Republic President Visited Talish Village
Artsakh has Been and Remains the Victorious Spirit of Our People: Serzh Sargsyan
Number of Coronavirus-Infected Healthcare Workers Increases in Armenia
Central Bank Forecasts 0.7% Economic Growth in Armenia for 2020
Prime Minister Pays Tribute to April War Victims’ Memory
A 68-Year Old Patient Has Died from Coronavirus: Alina Nikoghosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zarif Rejects Trump’s Claim amid Tensions in Iraq
Five Employees of Vardashen Penitentiary Security Staff Test Positive for COVID-19
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Wind: 5 km/h