US-China Currency War Will Affect All the Developing Economies
Economic tension between China and the United States continue to be one of the most remarkable topics in the global economy. Mutual economic and commercial attacks between the two countries have gained a new wave after Trump's coming to power in US, conditioned by his strictly protective policy implemented.
It should be reminded that in June the US officially declared 25% additional tariffs for imported Chinese goods ($ 50 billion) followed by China's symmetric actions. Moreover, Trump promised another 10% tax increase for Chinese goods, but recently raised them again by 25%. The Chinese authorities did not hesitate to respond: they made a statement on the reduction of volumes of imports of a number of US goods.
The consequences of these mutual trade operations are not just the concern of these two economies, and it is explained not only by the fact that they are superpowers, but also by measures taken as a result of the tension. It is all about China's currency policy, which is constantly used in such situations, particularly in the form of yuan devaluation.
It should be noted that the devaluation of Chinese currency has both natural and artificial causes. The tense economic relationship with the United States as a result of which the Chinese currency has dropped is considered as natural cause. The artificial reason is the monetary policy pursued by China, and as a result, the yuan is devalued to maintain its competitiveness. It affects all other parties involved in commercial relations, including the United States according to which China has always been a dishonest partner.
It should be noted that as a result of Yuan's devaluation, Western-Asian tensions are integrated into the global economy, especially developing countries that have close commercial ties with both countries and have no economical capacities to withstand such situations. It is enough to observe the dynamics of the effects of dollar fluctuations on economies of different countries over the years.
It means that any country should work with its own monetary regulators to mitigate the consequences of the dramatic fluctuations in the exchange rates of the international currencies.
- Oil Ends Week Steady as China Growth Offsets Trade Deal Optimism "A well-expected fourth-quarter China GDP rate (6%) provided little clue for oil price trading on Friday morning, and mounting downward economic pressure will perhaps limit oil’s upside in the mid- to...
- Chinese Vice Premier Describes US-Chinese Cooperation as "the Only Correct Option" "We don't think tariffs are a good solution. Both sides need to solve problems through negotiation," the Chinese official added.
- Climate Change Tops Risks for World in 2020 – Davos Report In its 50th edition, the WEF in Davos will focus on preventing the erosion of international solidarity – a principle that underpinned the WEF’s foundation – and seek ways to build political and...
- USA and China Sign First Phase of US-China Trade Deal The deal, text of which was not released ahead of the signing, is said to include commitments by China to buy $200 billion of U.S. goods, including as much as $50 billion in agricultural products over...
- U.S., China Look to Reset Trade Relations with Signing of Phase 1 Deal U.S. officials called the deal a huge win that marked a significant shift in Washington’s relations with China, but said it included a tough enforcement measure that could trigger renewed tariffs if...
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Letter of Condolences on the Demise of the Renowned Conductor Yuri Davtian
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Leaders of EU Members Call for Ceasing Hostilities in Syria's Idlib
Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Igor Grigoryan Conferred the Rank of the Third Degree Justice State Adviser
President of Artsakh Receives Ombudsman of Armenia
Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers
Discussion with Azerbaijan’s Aliyev in Munich is Turning Point: Nikol Pashinyan
Criminal Sub-Culture Must be Eradicated in the Army: Armenia’s PM
Kardashian Family Had Dinner at Armenian Carousel Restaurant
Armenia is World’s Third Most Militarized County, Report Shows
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Wind: 5 km/h