Erdogan Says Attempts to Exert Economic Pressure on Turkey Futile
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described attempts to exert economic pressure on his country, including by means of destabilizing its financial system, as futile, Anadolu news agency reported on Friday, TASS reports.
"Various campaigns are underway against Turkey, pay no attention to them. While they have dollars, we have our people, law and Allah," the Turkish leader said addressing citizens in the Black Sea city of Rize. He added that "attempts to exert economic pressure on Turkey were futile."
The Turkish lira fell against the US dollar due to mounting tensions between Turkey and the US in the wake of Ankara’s refusal to release American pastor Andrew Brunson who is suspected of being involved with a terrorist group.
Meanwhile, Turkish Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak is expected to present a new economic development doctrine for the country on Friday.
- Turkey Deploying Syrian Fighters to Help Ally Azerbaijan, two Fighters Say Armenia’s ambassador to Moscow said on Monday that Turkey had sent around 4,000 fighters from northern Syria to Azerbaijan and that they were fighting there, an assertion denied by an aide to Azerbaijan’s...
- Turkey Says It's Open to Dialogue With Greece on Mediterranean Dispute Both sides say they are ready to resolve the dispute through talks, while insisting on upholding their own rights. They have held military exercises in the eastern Mediterranean, highlighting the potential...
- Turkey Says it Wants to Resolve Dispute with Greece Through Dialogue Turkey and Greece, NATO allies, are vehemently at odds over overlapping claims for hydrocarbon resources in the region, and tensions have risen since Ankara launched exploration operations in a disputed...
- Iraq Cancels Turkish Defense Minister Visit, Summons Ambassador A Turkish drone strike on Tuesday in the Sidakan area in northeastern Iraq, near the Turkish and Iranian borders, killed two members of Iraq’s border guard and the driver of the vehicle they were in,...
- Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque "My thoughts go to Istanbul. I'm thinking about Hagia Sophia. I am very saddened," the pope said.
Azerbaijan Is Expanding Geography of Hostilities to Territory of Armenia with Active Support of Turkey: Pashinyan
Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Armenian Jet in Armenian Airspace
Erdogan and Turkey Have Been the Most Destabilizing Factor in This Entire Situation: Armenia's FM
Adversary Targets Vardenis, Mets Masrik Community and other Town in Armenia's Gegharkunik Region
In the past three hours the enemy has lost 12 tanks: Shushan Stepanyan
Tehran: Iran, Russia and Turkey Can Help Baku and Yerevan Find Peaceful Solution
Artak Beglaryan Met with the Head of ICRC Mission in Nagorno-Karabakh Bertrand Lamon
CSTO on Standby Awaiting Armenia’s Request Regarding Azeri Bombardment of Towns
Armenian-Americans Rally in Glendale in Protest of Azeri Attacks
Armenian, Russian Security Council Secretaries Discuss Situation in Nagorno Karabakh
Merkel Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Azeri-Armenian Conflict
Artsakh Defense Army Destroys 11 Azerbaijan’s UAVs, Armored Vehicle, 5 Tanks and Big Number of Manpower (video)
Robert Kocharyan Leaves for Artsakh
MFA: Armenia And Artsakh Will Give Adequate Military-Political Response To Azerbaijan’s Consistent Attempts To Undermine Regional Security And Peace
Russia Actively Working not to Allow Destabilizing External Influence in Nagorno Karabakh Conflict Zone: Ambassador
Two Enemy Helicopters Destroyed By Igla MANPADS
Azerbaijan Shells Villages in Armenia’s Vardenis: Artrsun Hovhannisyan
Turkey Deploying Syrian Fighters to Help Ally Azerbaijan, two Fighters Say
Artsakh Denies Azeri Report on Losing Base in Martuni
Armenian Armed Forces Down Azerbaijan’s helicopter, Probably Helicopters: MOD Representative
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually