Erdogan Says Attempts to Exert Economic Pressure on Turkey Futile
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described attempts to exert economic pressure on his country, including by means of destabilizing its financial system, as futile, Anadolu news agency reported on Friday, TASS reports.
"Various campaigns are underway against Turkey, pay no attention to them. While they have dollars, we have our people, law and Allah," the Turkish leader said addressing citizens in the Black Sea city of Rize. He added that "attempts to exert economic pressure on Turkey were futile."
The Turkish lira fell against the US dollar due to mounting tensions between Turkey and the US in the wake of Ankara’s refusal to release American pastor Andrew Brunson who is suspected of being involved with a terrorist group.
Meanwhile, Turkish Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak is expected to present a new economic development doctrine for the country on Friday.
- Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders According to the traders, the buyers in Anatolia also cancelled their contracts for the purchase of iPhone models.
- Turkey, US Reach Preliminary Agreement on Sanctions Crisis Brunson, who led a Protestant church in the Aegean city of İzmir, is at the center of one of the most serious crises in relations between the NATO allies in years.
- Increasing Tension in Turkish-American Relations In the first case, Ankara categorically refused to release a US cleric detained for involvement with coup organizers and Kurdish militants in Turkey in 2016.
- Turkey Will Respond to US Sanctions Those sanctions were imposed earlier Wednesday in response to Ankara's refusal to release Andrew Brunson, an American pastor who had been imprisoned and then detained in his home by the Turkish government...
- Erdogan: Turkey Will Stand its Ground Faced with U.S. Sanctions “We will not take a step back when faced with sanctions,” Erdogan is quoted as saying. “They should not forget that they will lose a sincere partner.”
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
Government Creates Favorable Conditions for Doing Business and Making Profits – PM Pashinyan
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
Dollar Drops in Armenia
At Least 25 Killed in Suicide Blast in Kabul
Turkish Court Releases Local Chair of Amnesty International
Information of the Artsakh Republic State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons
President Sahakyan Visited the Town of Martouni
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte
Juncker Welcomes Release of 2 Greek Border Guards From Detention in Turkey
Artsakh Republic Convoked the Meeting of the Security Council
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Wind: 22.53 km/h