Erdogan Says Attempts to Exert Economic Pressure on Turkey Futile
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has described attempts to exert economic pressure on his country, including by means of destabilizing its financial system, as futile, Anadolu news agency reported on Friday, TASS reports.
"Various campaigns are underway against Turkey, pay no attention to them. While they have dollars, we have our people, law and Allah," the Turkish leader said addressing citizens in the Black Sea city of Rize. He added that "attempts to exert economic pressure on Turkey were futile."
The Turkish lira fell against the US dollar due to mounting tensions between Turkey and the US in the wake of Ankara’s refusal to release American pastor Andrew Brunson who is suspected of being involved with a terrorist group.
Meanwhile, Turkish Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak is expected to present a new economic development doctrine for the country on Friday.
- Turkey’s Purchase of S-400 to Result in Reassessing F-35 Program Palladino noted that the US position regarding Turkey potentially obtaining S-400 systems has not changed and Washington would like to work collaboratively on the issue of air defence systems with Turkey.
- China Shuts Turkey Consulate in Wake of Uygur Row The shutdown of the Izmir consulate comes days after Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told a United Nations forum in Geneva that reports of human rights violations in Xinjiang were a cause for...
- Turkish Nationalists Urge to Expel Armenian Migrants Macron’s move to declare April 24 a day of Armenian Genocide remembrance has angered the leader of a nationalist party, who called for strong government efforts towards banning Armenian citizens’ residence...
- US Secretary of State Pompeo Posts Map of Divided Turkey Many Turks took to Twitter to respond to the divided map of Turkey, highlighted as one of the country’s which has not stood against Maduro.
- Trump Threatens to ''Devastate'' Turkey's Economy Trump’s tweets marked the first public threat toward Turkey, a NATO ally, over the Kurds and seemed to offer a blanket of protection for the group, a band of American-backed militias that the Turkish...
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze in Yenokavan
PM Briefed on Yenokavan Development Strategy
Maduro Accused the USA and Guaido in Planning to Kill Him
Rafi Eitan: Israeli Spy Who Led Operation to Capture Holocaust Architect Adolf Eichmann Dies Aged 92
Anna Hakobyan's Official Website Ready to Launch on March 26
Australian-Armenian Berejiklian Won the New South Wales Elections
Weather Forecast in Armenia for March 24-28
Soldiers Deployed to Prevent Paris 'Yellow Vest' Rioting
Brexit: May Urged to Quit
Passengers Airlifted From Crippled Cruise Ship in Storm off Norway
Sunday of Steward
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The New Building of Hamazgayin Theater Inaugurated: PM Personally Collected Waste Around the Building Before the Groundbreaking Ceremony (photos)
The Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Welcomes the Creation of Parliamentary Friendship Group in Canada with Artsakh
Trump-Russia: Robert Mueller Delivers Report
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
UN Hosts Norouz Food Festival
Ambassador of Cuba to Armenia Presented His Credentials to President Armen Sarkissian
Political Consultations Between Foreign Ministries of Armenia and Ukraine Held in Kyiv
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
Adam, Eve, Noah’s Ark and Tigran the Great at Carnival in Brazil
"We Need a Strictly Working Mechanism of Scientific Potential, Private Investment and Public Administration to Develop the Military Industrial Complex": Pashinyan
Wind: 10 km/h