Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
According to the Hurriyet Daily, a significant number of importers began to withdraw their short and long-term orders after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's appeal to boycott American electronic products on Tuesday, firstpost.com reports.
Three big companies operating in Dogubank, a trade centre specializing in the sales of electronic products in central Istanbul, suspended $50 million worth of iPhone orders, the Turkish daily said.
According to the traders, the buyers in Anatolia also cancelled their contracts for the purchase of iPhone models.
"The demands were cut like a knife. We have put local brands on the shelf and removed iPhones," a mobile phone shop owner was quoted as saying.
- Jailed PKK Leader Ocalan 'Ready for a Solution' with Turkey According to the statement issued late on Thursday, Ocalan said that Kurds do not need a separate state within the framework of finding a place for themselves that was consistent with historical Turkish-Kurdish...
- Turkey, US Agree to Set up Operation Centre for Syria Safe Zone The proposed zone aims to secure a strip of land stretching more than 400 km (250 miles) along Syria’s northeastern border with Turkey, much of it controlled by the Kurdish YPG militia that fought with...
- Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week Citing two officials familiar with the matter, the report noted that the meeting, which will address "Turkey sanctions," will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
- EU Agrees Sanctions Against Turkey for Drilling off Cyprus The EU last month warned Turkey it could face sanctions if it did not cease what the bloc called "illegal" drilling in Cyprus's exclusive economic zone.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
Pashinyan holds meetings over Amulsar gold mine
World Junior Championship: Shant Khachatryan Also Becomes Silver Medalist
Turkish Vehicles Cross Syria’s Border: Syrian Foreign Ministry
5 Day Weather Forecast
Notre Dame: On Monday, Reconstruction will Continue with Preventive Measures
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Received the Head of the ICRC Mission
Armenia PM Pashinyan to Hold Closed Meeting with "My Step" Faction
Danish PM Says Trump's Idea of Selling Greenland to U.S. is Absurd
Armenian President Congratulates Afghan Counterpart, People on Independence Day
Lydian International Provides Responses to Environmental Audit Recommendations
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
World Junior Championship: Sahak Hovhannisyan – Silver Medalist
Jean-Claude Juncker Cut Holiday Short for Urgent Surgery
Armenian and Russian Defense Ministers Met in Moscow
7th Pan-Armenian Games Closing Ceremony Held in Yerevan
Feast of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God
Mikael Minasyan: Serzh Sargsyan Will Be Arrested to Sidetrack Armenia Public From Real Issues for a While More (NEWS.am)
Nikol Pashinyan Sums Up the Proceedings of My Step for Kotayk Marz Investment Forum
Organizers Negotiate with Obama for Potential WCIT 2019 Appearance in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
"The Republic of Armenia Should Reclaim its Once-Glorious Reputation of Industrial Country" - PM Attends "My Step for Shirak Marz" Economic Forum
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Wind: 6 km/h