Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
According to the Hurriyet Daily, a significant number of importers began to withdraw their short and long-term orders after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's appeal to boycott American electronic products on Tuesday, firstpost.com reports.
Three big companies operating in Dogubank, a trade centre specializing in the sales of electronic products in central Istanbul, suspended $50 million worth of iPhone orders, the Turkish daily said.
According to the traders, the buyers in Anatolia also cancelled their contracts for the purchase of iPhone models.
"The demands were cut like a knife. We have put local brands on the shelf and removed iPhones," a mobile phone shop owner was quoted as saying.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Russia, France Express Readiness to Continue Work Towards Stabilizing Nagorno Karabakh Situation
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
We're Receiving Positive Signals from Pashinyan, Erdogan Says
Pashinyan-Erdogan Meeting Is Not Planned: Armenia's Deputy Prime Minister
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament to Pay Official Visit to Russia
Irakli Garibashvili Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan on Indpendence Day
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Aurora to Honor the Spirit of Humanity in Venice
Secretary General of La Francophonie Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Tehran To Host Iran-Azerbaijan-Turkey Foreign Ministerial Meeting
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian
Armenia Records 255648 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House Passes Amendment Demanding Immediate Release of Armenian POWs
Russia Considers Minsk Group an Important Tool for NK Conflict Settlement
President of Iran Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Kremlin Regrets Erdogan's Remarks on Crimea Amid Preparations for His Visit to Russia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ukrainian Presidential Aide Survives Assassination Attempt
Secretary Blinken, Turkey’s Cavusoglu Discuss Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 254709 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved