Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Kofi Annan, the former United Nations secretary general, has died at the age of 80 after a short illness, his family and foundation announced on Saturday.
The Ghanaian was the seventh secretary general of the UN between 1997 and 2006 and won the Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian work, The Guardian reports.
Annan’s foundation issued a statement on his Twitter account on Saturday morning that described him as a "global statesman and deeply committed internationalist who fought throughout his life for a fairer and more peaceful world".
- Britain Requests Urgent UN Security Council Meeting on Libya Britain requested the urgent meeting on Thursday, diplomats said, following the order from Khalifa Haftar, a key player opposed to the government in the capital.
- Syria Requests UN Security Council Meeting on Golan The French presidency did not immediately schedule the meeting and diplomats said there would be a discussion at the council about the request.
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
- March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness One of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
Ambassador Switalski Attended Nordic Walking in Yerevan
PM Pashinyan Sent Congratulatory Message to Georgian PM Bakhtadze
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China Arrived in Yerevan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Donald Trump Arrived in Tokyo
Thousands Protest in Algeria, Renew Call to Postpone July Vote
Nikol Pashinyan has sent a congratulatory message to King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on Jordan’s Independence Day
MFA of Armenia: Azerbaijan Had an Opportunity to Show How Real It Is to Prepare the People for Peace
Defense Ministry of Artsakh Summed up the Border Situation
Meetings of Artsakh Deputy Foreign Minister Armine Alexanyan in California
US to Send More Troops to the Middle East
Murray Gell-Mann, Who Peered at Particles and Saw the Universe, Dies at 89
Armenian “Zinar” And Russian “Voentorg” Companies Sign Memorandum of Cooperation
Landmark Turkish Divestment Bill Passes California Assembly
At Least 13 Hurt in Blast in Downtown Lyon
France's Macron Urges Brexit Clarity After May Resignation
Brexit is Not a Threat to British Prosperity: Johnson
Trump Orders Intelligence Community to Cooperate with Review on Russia Probe Origins
Nikol Pashinyan: “The Military-Industrial Complex, Production Capacities, Enterprises Should Fit into the Structure of the Ministry of High-Tech Industry”
Artsakh Republic President Met with the Delegation Headed by President of the Armenian Constitutional Court
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Istanbul Mayor’s Office, a Matter of Life and Death For Erdogan
Liberation of Shushi: The Turning Point of the “Wedding in the Mountains”
Saudi Ambassador to US Promises to Uphold Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide
Risky-For-Us Issues Discussed at EEU Inter-Governmental Board Session
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 25 Years Have Passed
Wind: 6 km/h