Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Kofi Annan, the former United Nations secretary general, has died at the age of 80 after a short illness, his family and foundation announced on Saturday.
The Ghanaian was the seventh secretary general of the UN between 1997 and 2006 and won the Nobel peace prize for his humanitarian work, The Guardian reports.
Annan’s foundation issued a statement on his Twitter account on Saturday morning that described him as a "global statesman and deeply committed internationalist who fought throughout his life for a fairer and more peaceful world".
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
- March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness One of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
- At the Session of the UN Human Rights Council Armenia Presented a Resolution on Genocide Prevention The Sumgait massacre was widely condemned by the international community, including by the resolution of the European Parliament. Regrettably, the masterminds and perpetrators of this crime were not duly...
- Armenia Included in the UN Honour Roll 2018 The Honour Roll includes those member states that have paid their regular budget assessments in full within the 30 day due period specified in Financial Regulation.
OSCE Assesses Committment of Armenian and Azerbaijani Leaders to Prepare their Peoples for Peace a Positive Signal
Artsakh Defense Army Didn't Lose any UAV: Defense Army Statement
Stepantsminda-Lars Highway Open for all Types of Vehicles
The Possibility of Opening an Armenian Trading House in Turkmenistan Is Being Discussed
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Georgian Defense Minister
Iran Warns Israel against 'Adventurism' in Syria
Information on Downing Armenian Spy Drone by Azerbaijani Side Doesn't Correspond to Reality: Artsakh Defense Army
Turkey to Renovate the Largest Armenian Church in the Middle East
NSS Director on Possibility of Launching Criminal Case against Armenian First President
Azerbaijani President Meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Armenia, Georgia Sign 2019 Military Cooperation Program
Blown up Armenian Church in Aleppo to Reopen in Spring after Reconstruction
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
North Korea Must Take "Meaningful'' Steps to Earn Sanctions Relief, Says Trump
Arayik Haroutyunyan Released from the Position of the Advisor to the Artsakh Republic President
Nikolas Aznavour to Nikol Pashinyan: "Thank you for everything you are trying to do for Armenia"
Armenia to Honor 2008 Post-Election Unrest Victims in "Powerful Civil Procession", PM Expected to Address the Nation
Nikol Pashinyan Receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
EU now Speaks Dfferently with Armenia and the Armenian People: Świtalski
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
Patrick Devedjian - Advocate of Chirac, Close Adviser of Sarkozy: Armenian, who Fight for Rights of ASALA and Monte during Court Hearings
''Knight of Cilicia'': Aram Karamanukyan – One of the Founders of Syrian Armed Forces
Wind: 5 km/h