The Refusal from US State Bonds by the Investing Countries Can Have Crisis-Leading Consequences
The high level of US state debt is not a new phenomenon, but its record growth over the past year has caused a lot of anxiety. The US debt is about $ 21.5 trillion. During the 2017-2018 fiscal year, its growth was $ 1.25 trillion, the largest growth since 2004.
US State Debt Paradox
At least for the past two decades, the US public debt has continued to grow, but it does not hinder the well-being of the citizens of the world's number one country. What is the reason for this?
At the core of the phenomenon, there are two main reasons:
1. dollar as number one foreign currency,
2. Obtaining state bonds by other states, which is conditioned by a high rating of the US economy (assessments are given by international rating companies operating in New York).
High rating - state bonds - low interest rates loans: This mechanism is to ensure the improvement of the welfare of the population parallel to the growing public debt for many years.
Despite the trend of previous years, the US debt loses its ever-growing confidence in the global market, which is due to direct and indirect impulses that testify that something is wrong. First of all, it is about Trump's strict protective policy, which is the first warning about the poor state of the American economy.
Over the years, one of the worst things in the US economy has been and remains the deficit of foreign trade turnover. The reason for this is the high level of globalization of American products in cheaper labor force and lower taxation in other countries, as a result of which the US imports more than it exports. And in this case, the dollar, or rather the monopoly of the latter, is the main engine of the American economy.
As a result
The US is currently registering a stable confrontation with major trading partners. China is in the first place due to the large volume of trade turnover. The implementation of several stages of customs penalties for the import of Chinese goods has resulted in retaliatory actions that were not restricted only to toughening of customs. In June this year, China sold US $ 7.7 billion of government bonds and promised to sell another $ 3 billion in the near future. It should be reminded that China is in the first place in the context of foreign investments in US debt (1.171 trillion dollars). Japan and Ireland are the second and third ($ 1.0355 trillion and $ 300 billion respectively). Therefore, the sale of these bonds by China will undoubtedly have a negative impact on the American economy.
Bond sale may have a domino effect
The danger threatening the American economy will increase even further if the process launched by China is continuous and infectious for other investors, given that China is not the first. The point is that Russia and Turkey went through the same process last year.
The effects of the economies of the investing countries
No matter how much the American economy is affected, the countries selling the bonds will also be subject to certain financial shocks. First of all, there is a sharp drop in the income from bonds, which in some way should be completed. Secondly, the problem of effective sale of funds accumulated by the sale of bonds.
And eventually, not only the investing countries, but also the global economy will suffer from the upcoming crisis that threatens the US economy.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
- Armenia to Get €10.6mn Loan from EBRD The area of this checkpoint is expected to increase from the current 6.5 hectares to 8.6 hectares, its service capacity will increase from the current 300 vehicles to 900 vehicles per day, its construction...
- China’s Yuan Could Become the World’s Third Largest Reserve Currency in 10 Years Right now, the yuan accounts for about 2% of global foreign exchange reserve assets, the report pointed out. But it could rise to between 5% and 10% by 2030, surpassing the levels of the Japanese yen and...
- Israel, UAE Will Cooperate on Financial Services, Investment One focus, Netanyahu said, would be on "cooperation in the field of financial services and removing financial barriers for making investments between the countries, as well as promoting joint investments...
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Masis Mayilian Met with Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia
1,174 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russian Military Doctors Arrive in Karabakh to Help Civilians
Armenia: Drivers are Recommended to Drive Exclusively on Winter Tires
President Armen Sarkissian Left on a Private Visit to the Russian Federation
We Have Always Felt the Support of Friendly France - PM Receives French Humanitarian Mission Delegation
4 Azeri Family-Members Killed in Fizuli Landmine Blast
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 3 km/h