The Refusal from US State Bonds by the Investing Countries Can Have Crisis-Leading Consequences
The high level of US state debt is not a new phenomenon, but its record growth over the past year has caused a lot of anxiety. The US debt is about $ 21.5 trillion. During the 2017-2018 fiscal year, its growth was $ 1.25 trillion, the largest growth since 2004.
US State Debt Paradox
At least for the past two decades, the US public debt has continued to grow, but it does not hinder the well-being of the citizens of the world's number one country. What is the reason for this?
At the core of the phenomenon, there are two main reasons:
1. dollar as number one foreign currency,
2. Obtaining state bonds by other states, which is conditioned by a high rating of the US economy (assessments are given by international rating companies operating in New York).
High rating - state bonds - low interest rates loans: This mechanism is to ensure the improvement of the welfare of the population parallel to the growing public debt for many years.
Despite the trend of previous years, the US debt loses its ever-growing confidence in the global market, which is due to direct and indirect impulses that testify that something is wrong. First of all, it is about Trump's strict protective policy, which is the first warning about the poor state of the American economy.
Over the years, one of the worst things in the US economy has been and remains the deficit of foreign trade turnover. The reason for this is the high level of globalization of American products in cheaper labor force and lower taxation in other countries, as a result of which the US imports more than it exports. And in this case, the dollar, or rather the monopoly of the latter, is the main engine of the American economy.
As a result
The US is currently registering a stable confrontation with major trading partners. China is in the first place due to the large volume of trade turnover. The implementation of several stages of customs penalties for the import of Chinese goods has resulted in retaliatory actions that were not restricted only to toughening of customs. In June this year, China sold US $ 7.7 billion of government bonds and promised to sell another $ 3 billion in the near future. It should be reminded that China is in the first place in the context of foreign investments in US debt (1.171 trillion dollars). Japan and Ireland are the second and third ($ 1.0355 trillion and $ 300 billion respectively). Therefore, the sale of these bonds by China will undoubtedly have a negative impact on the American economy.
Bond sale may have a domino effect
The danger threatening the American economy will increase even further if the process launched by China is continuous and infectious for other investors, given that China is not the first. The point is that Russia and Turkey went through the same process last year.
The effects of the economies of the investing countries
No matter how much the American economy is affected, the countries selling the bonds will also be subject to certain financial shocks. First of all, there is a sharp drop in the income from bonds, which in some way should be completed. Secondly, the problem of effective sale of funds accumulated by the sale of bonds.
And eventually, not only the investing countries, but also the global economy will suffer from the upcoming crisis that threatens the US economy.
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
- Armenia to Get €10.6mn Loan from EBRD The area of this checkpoint is expected to increase from the current 6.5 hectares to 8.6 hectares, its service capacity will increase from the current 300 vehicles to 900 vehicles per day, its construction...
- China’s Yuan Could Become the World’s Third Largest Reserve Currency in 10 Years Right now, the yuan accounts for about 2% of global foreign exchange reserve assets, the report pointed out. But it could rise to between 5% and 10% by 2030, surpassing the levels of the Japanese yen and...
- Israel, UAE Will Cooperate on Financial Services, Investment One focus, Netanyahu said, would be on "cooperation in the field of financial services and removing financial barriers for making investments between the countries, as well as promoting joint investments...
- China Hopes US Will Create Conditions for Implementation of Phase 1 of Trade Deal The COVID-19 pandemic and US export controls have undoubtedly influenced China's purchase of American goods and services, he said.
Armenian FM Holds Phone Talks with Co-Chairs of OSCE Minsk Group
Resolution Adopted by the French Senate Is a Crucial Step Towards the Recognition of the Right to Self-Determination Exercised by the People of Artsakh: Armenia's MFA
Pashinyan Talks with Secretary General of the International Organization of La Francophonie Louise Mushikiwabo over the Phone
Recognition of Artsakh’s Independence by French Senate to Do No Good to Anyone: French Minister Says
Artsakh Foreign Ministry Express Deep Gratitude for Adoption of Resolution by French Senate on Recognizing Artsakh
French Senate Adopts Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence
Prime Minister: The Joint Statement Provides for the Return to Their Homes for People living in the Regions of Nagorno-Karabakh
Debates on Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence Kicks Off at French Senate
Prime Minister Holds Another Meeting with Business Community Representatives
Artsakh's Charektar and Aknaberd Villages to Remain Under Armenian Party's Control
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kremlin Does not Comment on Erdogan's Words on Expanding Ceasefire Efforts on Karabakh
WHO Facilitates Deployment of UK Medical Team to Support Armenia Healthcare System’s Coronavirus Response
Armenia Records 129085 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Ex-Education Minister Arayik Harutyunyan Gets New Post
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open only for Trucks
PM Holds Another Meeting with Families of Captured and Missing Persons
Humanitarian Aid Sent by Russian Emergency Situations Ministry to Be Delivered to Shushi and Stepanakert
Debates on Recognition of Artsakh’s Independence to Kick Off in French Senate on November 25
Ara Ayvazyan Holds Telephone Conversation with US Deputy Secretary of State
The Condition of Armenian hit by Turk National with Hammer in France is Grave (video)
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Peaceful Armenian Demonstration in France Attacked by Knife, Hammer-Wielding Turkish Nationals
Glendale Officially Recognizes Artsakh Independence, Calls on US President, Congress to Follow Lead
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Wind: 5 km/h