The Refusal from US State Bonds by the Investing Countries Can Have Crisis-Leading Consequences
The high level of US state debt is not a new phenomenon, but its record growth over the past year has caused a lot of anxiety. The US debt is about $ 21.5 trillion. During the 2017-2018 fiscal year, its growth was $ 1.25 trillion, the largest growth since 2004.
US State Debt Paradox
At least for the past two decades, the US public debt has continued to grow, but it does not hinder the well-being of the citizens of the world's number one country. What is the reason for this?
At the core of the phenomenon, there are two main reasons:
1. dollar as number one foreign currency,
2. Obtaining state bonds by other states, which is conditioned by a high rating of the US economy (assessments are given by international rating companies operating in New York).
High rating - state bonds - low interest rates loans: This mechanism is to ensure the improvement of the welfare of the population parallel to the growing public debt for many years.
Despite the trend of previous years, the US debt loses its ever-growing confidence in the global market, which is due to direct and indirect impulses that testify that something is wrong. First of all, it is about Trump's strict protective policy, which is the first warning about the poor state of the American economy.
Over the years, one of the worst things in the US economy has been and remains the deficit of foreign trade turnover. The reason for this is the high level of globalization of American products in cheaper labor force and lower taxation in other countries, as a result of which the US imports more than it exports. And in this case, the dollar, or rather the monopoly of the latter, is the main engine of the American economy.
As a result
The US is currently registering a stable confrontation with major trading partners. China is in the first place due to the large volume of trade turnover. The implementation of several stages of customs penalties for the import of Chinese goods has resulted in retaliatory actions that were not restricted only to toughening of customs. In June this year, China sold US $ 7.7 billion of government bonds and promised to sell another $ 3 billion in the near future. It should be reminded that China is in the first place in the context of foreign investments in US debt (1.171 trillion dollars). Japan and Ireland are the second and third ($ 1.0355 trillion and $ 300 billion respectively). Therefore, the sale of these bonds by China will undoubtedly have a negative impact on the American economy.
Bond sale may have a domino effect
The danger threatening the American economy will increase even further if the process launched by China is continuous and infectious for other investors, given that China is not the first. The point is that Russia and Turkey went through the same process last year.
The effects of the economies of the investing countries
No matter how much the American economy is affected, the countries selling the bonds will also be subject to certain financial shocks. First of all, there is a sharp drop in the income from bonds, which in some way should be completed. Secondly, the problem of effective sale of funds accumulated by the sale of bonds.
And eventually, not only the investing countries, but also the global economy will suffer from the upcoming crisis that threatens the US economy.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Migrant Caravan Demands Biden Administration 'Honors Its Commitments'
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
351 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Indonesia’s Quake Death Toll Reaches at Least 56
Armenia Sees Decline in Pastry, Ice Cream Production
Powerful Earthquake in Indonesia Kills at Least 67, Injures Hundreds
Sadyr Japarov Wins 79.23% of Votes in Presidential Election in Kyrgyzstan
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
IRGC Launches Ballistic Missiles
263 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia Per Day
Azerbaijani Side Hands Over Bodies of Two Dead Armenian Servicemen
Indonesia Quake Kills at Least 42, Injures Hundreds
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 7 km/h