Trade Deal Possible at G20 but Chinese Paper Says U.S. Must be 'Fair Minded'
China and the United States can reach a trade agreement at the G20 meeting in Argentina this week, the state-run China Daily newspaper said in an editorial on Friday, but Washington must be “fair minded” if it wants to defuse spiraling tension, Reuters reports.
“Should there be any other aspirations, such as taking advantage of the trade spat to throttle Chinese growth, then an agreement is unlikely to be reached,” it said.
World leaders started arriving in Buenos Aires on Thursday ahead of the gathering of the Group of 20, where global trade tensions, fueled by U.S. President Donald Trump’s trade war with China, are expected to dominate the agenda.
Financial and commodities markets are closely watching the outcome of the summit, especially a planned meeting between Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday, although the outcome is far from certain.
The stakes are high for the world’s two biggest economies. Official data on Friday showed that growth in China’s manufacturing sector stalled for the first time in more than two years in November.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Outcome of Azeri Aggression Can’t Create Grounds for Lasting Peace: Ara Aivazian
Armenia Records 166427 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia, Iran FMs' Private Conversation Kicks Off
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
Vladimir Putin Had a Telephone Conversation with Joseph Biden
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Arrived in Armenia
Opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Leader Meets with Russia Ambassador
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN Secretary General and UNESCO Director-General
Armenia PM Appoints First Deputy Health Minister
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to India’s Prime Minister
Italian PM Conte to Resign Following Pandemic Criticism
There is a Positive Dynamic in President Armen Sarkissian’s Health Condition
PACE Calls on to Implement Provisions of Trilateral Statement on Karabakh
Artsakh Reports 21 New Cases of COVID-19 over Past Day
Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office of Artsakh Published a Report on the Threat to Armenian Cultural Heritage
138 COVID-19 New Cases Reported in Armenia
Artsakh Defense Army Published List Of 65 Servicemen Killed
Four More Bodies Of The Artsakh War Casualties Were Found
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
Wind: 3 km/h