The USA Congratulates Armenians on the Conduct of their Parliamentary Elections
Press statement by the US Department of State:
"The United States congratulates the people of Armenia on the conduct of their December 9 parliamentary elections. We welcome the assessment by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s (OSCE) Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights that Armenia’s parliamentary elections were competitive and that candidates were able to campaign freely. The United States concurs with the OSCE’s preliminary conclusions that the elections process enjoyed broad public trust and respected fundamental freedoms. We encourage the authorities to address OSCE and Venice Commission recommendations for future elections.
This year has been a time of remarkable change in Armenia. For 27 years, the United States has sought to support the development of democratic processes and institutions in Armenia, and we will continue to do so. We look forward to working with the new Armenian Parliament and Government to deepen our bilateral partnership and cooperation to strengthen the rule of law and democratic institutions, combat corruption, promote trade and investment, and safeguard regional and global security".
- Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Removing state Flag with Confederate Emblem Mississippi residents will head to the polls in November to choose a new state flag. The old flag design will not be an option, per the legislation.
- Biden Tops Trump Nationwide, but Battlegrounds Tilt Trump The former vice president continues to hold healthy leads among women (55% Biden to 41% Trump) and people of color (69% Biden to 26% Trump).
- U.S. Army to Resume Large-Scale Exercise in Europe, but with Coronavirus Precautions Called Allied Spirit, the drill is connected to the scaled-down version of Defender Europe-20, a series of events that was intended to be among the largest Army training efforts on the Continent since...
- Trump Says He Had Good Call with Russia's Putin, Saudi King on Oil OPEC and its allies led by Russia agreed on Thursday to cut their oil output by more than a fifth and said they expected the United States and other producers to join in their effort to lift prices that...
- US Coronavirus Death Toll Rates Second Highest in the World: Reuters U.S. officials warned Americans to expect alarming numbers of coronavirus deaths this week, even as an influential university model on Wednesday scaled back its projected U.S. pandemic death toll by 26%...
Interview of Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan to "Al-Akhbar" Newspaper
Azerbaijan Violates Artsakh Ceasefire 295 Times in One Week
PM’s spouse Anna Hakobyan Organizes Voluntary Basic Military Training for Young Women
Amal Clooney Quits UK Envoy Role over "Lamentable" Brexit Bill
Seven New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Boris Johnson Says UK "Now Seeing Second Coronavirus Wave Coming in"
Artsakh National Assembly to Move from Stepanakert to Shushi in 2022
244 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russia's Ambassador on Russian-Armenian Relations
Armenian Embassy Officially Inaugurated in Tel Aviv
Warsaw Stock Exchange Intends to Take Over the Armenia Securities Exchange
Artsakh President Hosts Foreign Ministry Delegation From Armenia
St. Gregory Armenian Church Center in San Francisco Attacked
PM Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to President of Chile
Consultations Held between FMs of Artsakh and Armenia
The Air Temperature will Gradually Go down by 3-4 Degrees
Eurasian Inter-Governmental Council to Hold Its Session in Yerevan
Artsakh Reports Three New Coronavirus Cases
Biden Says Trump Should Step Down over Coronavirus Response
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Congratulations to Jewish Community on Rosh Hashanah
Lavrov: Russia Works to Resume Negotiations on Karabakh
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
The Government of the Artsakh Republic Allocated 25 Million Armenian Drams to the Armenian Community of Lebanon
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Security Council Session: Armenia Is In a Position to Meet the Emerging Security Challenges
Iran to Hold Presidential Elections on June 18, 2021
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Internal Investigation to Be Carried Out over the Case of Disoriented Armenian Officer: MOD Spokesperson
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Wind: 11 km/h