If You Want to Spend Eco-New Year, Visit Artsakh
Every year in the evening of December 31 a wonderful atmosphere is felt in Stepanakert, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Every year at this time the citizens of Artsakh lit fire for barbecue (everyone in their private balconies have their own barbecue facilities). At the night of the New Year the smell of barbecue is spread throughout the city, from village to village, making the New Year delicious and attracting... And around the city there is a feeling of New Year miracle - all the lights are lit in the balconies!
In Artsakh, unlike Armenia, the New Year is not so "heavy holiday": there is no mandatory "dolma" and "bud (pig meat)" on New Year's table or mandatory "visiting the relatives" throughout the whole holidays. It all begins and ends on January 1. In the night of December 31 to January 1, guests visit each other, greet each other, drink and meet the New Year. That's all. Then a quiet life without any fuss begins.
And the last point in the New Year's celebrations in Artsakh - by the way, not necessarily – is the New Year "Kurkut" (an Artsakh traditional dish made of wheat and pork which is cooked overnight). Usually it is prepared on January 2 and on the same day is eaten by the family and the guests who suddenly visit. In Artsakh, unlike in super-civilized places in the world, one can still visit others without a prior call. And in general, everything there is not touched by wild civilization – eco-friendly products, clean air and a Christmas tree at house - a natural one, not artificial!
So if one wants to spend an unforgettable time at New Year, it is highly recommended to visit Artsakh! This will be the most eco-New Year in your life!
Happy New Year!
- The Old New Year The Orthodox New Year has been symbolized or mentioned in various Eastern European art, including Russian art and literary works.
- How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage The secret to getting a great Glühwein is the right mixture of red wine, cinnamon sticks, sugar, oranges and cloves. Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
- Happy New Year, Dear "Armedia" IAA Readers! We wish a year without war, a year of stability, a year of progress and development.
- Cumberbatch Leads a Masterclass How to Accept Bad Presents Benedict Cumberbatch leads an acting Masterclass to teach you how to act like you ‘love love’ the long underwear your auntie gave you!
- Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life In various countries and at different times, in order to detract the meaning of Christ's Birth, they tried to replace it with New Year celebrations.
PM Introduced to Investment Support Center’s Activities
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Estonia’s Prime Minister on Independence Day
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Departs For Geneva
Government Decides to Close Land Border and Communication with Iran, with Some Exceptions
Bako Sahakyan Chairs Working Consultation in Askeran Regional Center
Anti-Trust Regulator Calls on Businesses to Refrain from Increasing Medical Protective Mask Prices
Jalal Haroutyunyan Appointed Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Azerbaijan's Reports on Sabotage are Total Disinformation and "Fairytales"- Artsrun Hovhannisyan
MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran
Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda
Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12
We do Not Have Any Coronavirus Infection Case in Armenia- Pashinyan
Slovakia FM Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Roads in Armenia are Mainly Passable
Azerbaijan Opened Fire In The Direction Of Armenianian Positions
Slovakia Remains Very Important Partner of Armenia – Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
About the Great Lent
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenian Human Rights Activist Was Searched Naked in Turkey (video)
Wind: 6 km/h