If You Want to Spend Eco-New Year, Visit Artsakh
Every year in the evening of December 31 a wonderful atmosphere is felt in Stepanakert, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Every year at this time the citizens of Artsakh lit fire for barbecue (everyone in their private balconies have their own barbecue facilities). At the night of the New Year the smell of barbecue is spread throughout the city, from village to village, making the New Year delicious and attracting... And around the city there is a feeling of New Year miracle - all the lights are lit in the balconies!
In Artsakh, unlike Armenia, the New Year is not so "heavy holiday": there is no mandatory "dolma" and "bud (pig meat)" on New Year's table or mandatory "visiting the relatives" throughout the whole holidays. It all begins and ends on January 1. In the night of December 31 to January 1, guests visit each other, greet each other, drink and meet the New Year. That's all. Then a quiet life without any fuss begins.
And the last point in the New Year's celebrations in Artsakh - by the way, not necessarily – is the New Year "Kurkut" (an Artsakh traditional dish made of wheat and pork which is cooked overnight). Usually it is prepared on January 2 and on the same day is eaten by the family and the guests who suddenly visit. In Artsakh, unlike in super-civilized places in the world, one can still visit others without a prior call. And in general, everything there is not touched by wild civilization – eco-friendly products, clean air and a Christmas tree at house - a natural one, not artificial!
So if one wants to spend an unforgettable time at New Year, it is highly recommended to visit Artsakh! This will be the most eco-New Year in your life!
Happy New Year!
Other materials on this subject
- The Old New Year The Orthodox New Year has been symbolized or mentioned in various Eastern European art, including Russian art and literary works.
- How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage The secret to getting a great Glühwein is the right mixture of red wine, cinnamon sticks, sugar, oranges and cloves. Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
- Happy New Year, Dear "Armedia" IAA Readers! We wish a year without war, a year of stability, a year of progress and development.
- Cumberbatch Leads a Masterclass How to Accept Bad Presents Benedict Cumberbatch leads an acting Masterclass to teach you how to act like you ‘love love’ the long underwear your auntie gave you!
- Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life In various countries and at different times, in order to detract the meaning of Christ's Birth, they tried to replace it with New Year celebrations.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 4.63 km/h