Saudi Arabia Threatens to Ditch Dollar Oil Trades
Saudi Arabia is threatening to sell its oil in currencies other than the dollar if Washington passes a bill exposing OPEC members to U.S. antitrust lawsuits, three sources familiar with Saudi energy policy said.
They said the option had been discussed internally by senior Saudi energy officials in recent months. Two of the sources said the plan had been discussed with OPEC members and one source briefed on Saudi oil policy said Riyadh had also communicated the threat to senior U.S. energy officials, Reuters reports.
The chances of the U.S. bill known as NOPEC coming into force are slim and Saudi Arabia would be unlikely to follow through, but the fact Riyadh is considering such a drastic step is a sign of the kingdom’s annoyance about potential U.S. legal challenges to OPEC.
- Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint The source who spoke to CNN would not disclose the foreign leader with whom Trump was alleged to have spoken.
- Trump Authorizes Release of Emergency Oil Reserve "if Needed" after Attack on Saudi Oil Sites The attack over the weekend could disrupt an estimated 5.7 million barrels of oil per day, or more than 5% of the world's daily supply. Oil prices surged more than 10% late Sunday.
- Trump Considers double-Tapping Pompeo for National Security Adviser That would make Pompeo the second person in history to have both jobs at the same time. The first, Henry Kissinger, was already President Richard Nixon's national security adviser when he was appointed...
- Trump: Bolton Made ‘Some Very Big Mistakes’ In explaining Bolton’s departure, Trump suggested that North Korea was a large reason for his decision to fire Bolton. “He wanted nothing to do with John Bolton,” Trump said of Kim, whom the president...
- Trump Says US-Taliban Peace Talks are 'Dead' The US president has made withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan a key foreign policy aim, but asked about the 14,000 US troops still there he said: "We'd like to get out but we'll get out at the right...
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Meets Trump
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Trump Whistleblower Complaint Involves Ukraine: Report
Nikol Pashinyan Calls at Public TV Headquarters
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Hold Meeting in New York City
Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen
Joe Biden Calls for Reaffirmation of U.S. Record on the Armenian Genocide
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
PM receives HSBC Bank Executive Director for Europe
PM receives Boeing International Corporation Vice President-Led Delegation
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
Iran's Zarif Warns of 'All-out War'
Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Wall During Visit to U.S.-Mexico Border (video)
Armenia’s PM Appoints Acting chiefs of National Security Service, Police
UAE to Join US-Led Naval Coalition in Gulf
Bako Sahakyan Received President of the Armenian Athletic Federation
Suicide Bomb in Southern Afghanistan, Kills at Least 20
The White House Spoke About Trump's Plans to Meet With Zelensky at the UN
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Georgian Parliament Approves New Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia
Wind: 8 km/h