Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9
Kazakhstan's interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, called a snap presidential election on Tuesday, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty in the oil-rich Central Asian nation, Aljazeera reports.
The election will take place on June 9, Tokayev said in a televised address to the nation.
Tokayev was named interim president after Nursultan Nazarbayev, who was in power for nearly three decades, abruptly announced his resignation last month.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
- Kazakhstan Will Give $100 Million to Kyrgyzstan for Its Eurasian Integration A joint audit commission to ensure targeted and effective use of the provided assistance will be established within the Kazakh-Kyrgyz Intergovernmental Council.
Armenia Records 26658 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Republican Party of Armenia Supreme Body Holds Session Chaired by Serzh Sargsyan
Ten Thousand COVID-19 Tests Reach Armenia
PM: Compliance with three Primary Safety Rules Should be a Matter of Daily Responsibility
In Near Future I'll Try to Give more Detailed Explanations on All Issues: Armenia's 2nd President
Arayik Harutyunyan Awarded Shoushi Technological University lecturer Artyusha Harutyunyan
Nikol Pashinyan Conveys Congratulations to Justin Trudeau
Arayik Harutyunyan Handed in High State Awards to a Group of Artsakh Republic Investigation Committee Employees
Trump Says He is Becoming 'More and More Angry at China' over Spreading Virus
Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Removing state Flag with Confederate Emblem
Three Deadly Blasts Rock Ethiopian Capital during Protests
Armenia Records 26065 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Artsakh Republic President Convened an Enlarged Consultation on the Assessment of the Situation in the Agricultural Sphere and Community Issues
Japan to Provide Armenia with 3.7 Million USD for Acquiring Medical Equipment
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Warns Converting Hagia Sophia into a Mosque, Could Turn Christians against Islam
Schiff Wants US to Impose Sanctions against Russia
Macron Accused Turkey of Massively Importing Jihadists into Libya
New Projects are Envisaged in Hadrout
Armenia's President Says He will not Sign Amendments to Law on Constitutional Court
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian Resigns from Board, Urges Seat Be Filled by Black Candidate
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Wind: 5 km/h