Kazakhstan to Hold Early Presidential Election on June 9
Kazakhstan's interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, called a snap presidential election on Tuesday, citing the need to eliminate political uncertainty in the oil-rich Central Asian nation, Aljazeera reports.
The election will take place on June 9, Tokayev said in a televised address to the nation.
Tokayev was named interim president after Nursultan Nazarbayev, who was in power for nearly three decades, abruptly announced his resignation last month.
- Tokayev Sworn in As Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev took the oath of office as Kazakhstan’s president at a ceremony in the Independence Palace in the capital Nur-Sultan on Wednesday.
- Nazarbayev's Resignation to Improve Kazakhstan's Image: Marat Shibutov, Political Scientist (EXCLUSIVE) Kazakh political scientist Marat Shibutov, in an interview with "Armedia" IAA comments on Nursultan Nazarbayev’s resignation.
- More than 40 Countries Cooperate with Eurasian Economic Union 2017 was successful. Trade turnover between our countries grew 27%. We see great interest towards our union, today more than 40 countries are cooperating with us.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives Kazakhstan Ambassador The Premier highlighted the diversification of bilateral economic cooperation, stressing that the current level of bilateral trade turnover does not correspond to the existing potential.
- Kazakhstan Will Give $100 Million to Kyrgyzstan for Its Eurasian Integration A joint audit commission to ensure targeted and effective use of the provided assistance will be established within the Kazakh-Kyrgyz Intergovernmental Council.
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the President of Latvia: Two Countries Possess Serious Potential for Cooperation
First Free Programs in the Healthcare Sphere are Being Brought to Life in Artsakh
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Japan’s Prime Minister
Kalashnikov Factory in Armenia to Produce 50,000 Rifles Annually
Dolma Festival held in Odessa, Ukraine
Iran's Oil Storage Almost Full as Sanctions and Pandemic Weigh
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
North Korea Has No Plans to Hold Talks with US
Microsoft and Zoom Join Hong Kong Data 'Pause'
Artsakh President Received Armenia's Prosecutor General Arthur Davtyan
Pompeo Warns of Potential Restriction of Chinese TikTok App
The Élysée Palace Announced the Makeup of the New Government
Pashinyan Visits Newly Opened ''Kalashnikov'' Manufacturing Plant in Armenia
Armenian Defense Minister Receives US Ambassador
UK Imposes Sanctions Against Human Rights Abusers
President of Artsakh Receives Armenia’s Minister of Education
Members of US Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues do Not Share State Department View on Azerbaijan
A Cement Plant Will Be Built in Artsakh
Armenia Records 29285 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian Calls on Her Millions of Followers to Support Small Businesses in Armenia
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 5 km/h