Georgia is Trying to Convince NASA to Make Wine on Mars
Georgia has a decorated ancient wine-making tradition and now wants to be the first nation to make wine on Mars, The Daily Mail reports.
The country claims to have been the first nation to make wine and is hoping to continue this tradition as humankind hopes to colonise other planets.
Nikoloz Doborjginidze co-founded a project to develop grape varieties that can be grown on Mars and is hoping to work with NASA on the project.
'Georgians were first winemakers on Earth and now we hope to pioneer viticulture on the planet next door,' he said.
After NASA called for the public to contribute ideas for a 'sustained human presence' on the Red Planet, a group of Georgian researchers and entrepreneurs got together to propel the country's wine-making onto an interplanetary level.
Their project is called IX Millennium - a reference to Georgia's long history of wine-making.
The country has boasted that it has been making wine for 8,000 years - longer than any other nation - since archaeologists found traces of wine residue in ancient clay vessels.
IX Millennium is managed by a consortium set up by the Georgian Space Research Agency, Tbilisi's Business and Technology University, the National Museum and a company called Space Farms.
- Joint NATO-Georgia Exercises To Kick Off Near Tbilisi The first NATO-Georgia exercise was held in 2016.
- "We Have a Historic Opportunity to Upgrade Bilateral Relations" – Armenian Prime Minister to President of Georgia Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today met with Georgian President Salome Zurabishvili who has arrived in Armenia on a two-day official visit.
- Georgian Citizens will not be Granted Asylum in Europe He added that the media had to play an important role in informing people that seeking asylum in Europe would not be fruitful.
- President Sarkissian Arrived in Georgia to Attend the Oath Taking Ceremony of Zurabishvili The official delegation headed by the President of Armenia Armenia Sarkissian has arrived in Georgia to participate in the oath taking ceremony of the President-elect of Georgia Salome Zarubishvili which...
- Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Salome Zourabishvili on her Eection as President of Georgia I am also confident that we will be able to expand the bilateral agenda with a wide range of new programs, making full use of the potential of our peoples’ friendship for the progress of Armenia and...
Yezidis Across the World Celebrate New Year: Interview With Hasan Tamoyan, Representative of the Armenian Yezidi Community (Exclusive)
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Holds Phone Conversation With Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia
Will Rightists Take the Lead in New Europe?
Facebook Bans UK Far-Right Groups
Armenian Dolls - at the Delhi Dolls Museum
Armenia Improves Press Freedom Rank by 19 points
Notre Dame to Reopen in Less than 5 Years: French Culture Minister
Anna Hakobyan Met With Outstanding Representatives of the Armenian Community in New York
New York Police Arrest Man With Petrol in St Patrick's Cathedral
Iraq Muslim Leader Calls on Turkey to Apologize for Genocide
Death Toll Tops 200 in Battle For Libya's Tripoli
Gunmen Kill 14 After Kidnapping Them in Pakistan
North Korea Rejects Pompeo from Nuclear Dialogue
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation Led by Chairman of Pan-Armenian Games' World Committee
France Invites Designers to Submit Plans to Rebuild Notre Dame Spire
Turkish Opposition Candidate Declared Winner of Disputed Istanbul Vote
Former Peru President Killed Himself Before Arrest
7 year-old Armenian Girl to Represent Russia in Turkey
Dozens Killed in Portugal Bus Crash
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Wind: 7 km/h