The Armenian People Have Voiced Their Vision of Settlement of Artsakh Issue
“We as a nation, a state must clearly formulate our vision of settlement of Karabakh issue. It is weird that so far we have not held public discussion on the subject,” RA prime-minister Nikol Pashinyan said during an April 22 meeting with the lecturers and students at the state economic university of Yerevan.
It goes without saying that the settlement of Artsakh issue is not up to the authorities of either side. This issue has to do with the life and destiny of the people of Artsakh, and consequently the people of Artsakh shall settle the issue. The people have already implemented the acceptable for them settlement by self-determination and by forming an independent state. The objective of the Armenian negotiators should be de jure formulation of that settlement and reaching international recognition of independence of Artsakh.
This is the settlement proposed by the Armenian people. No need to expect a more detailed “guideline” on behalf of the people. Thus no need to expand the circles of discussion of the issue and expect solutions and answers from the Armenian people. The acting authorities have already defined the objective of returning Artsakh into the talks table. If implemented, this will enable official Stepanakert to present its will and approaches.
It will be up to the politicians representing Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan to find political formulations and definitions. The people have given their mandate by voting for the political programs of winning candidates.
- Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on the Statement Issued by the Foreign Ministry of Azerbaijan Regarding the Inauguration of the newly Elected President of Artsakh in Shushi Armenia is committed to an exclusively peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmanship
- Pashinyan: If Necessary, I’m Ready to Discuss the Karabakh Issue with Artsakh Ex-Presidents According to him, there was always the idea of peacekeeping forces in previous documents and public statements.
- Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed April four-day war showed how fragile the Agreement on Ceasefire is and how easy it is to break it. Until now, on NKR-Azerbaijan border and on Armenia-Azerbaijan border people are dying, and if we summarize...
- Canada FM: There has Not Been any Change to Our Position on Nagorno-Karabakh In a letter addressed to the Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC) on May 4th, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Hon. François-Philippe Champagne clarified Canada’s position on Artsakh...
- Liberation of Shushi: The Turning Point of the “Wedding in the Mountains” May 8 in the history of the Karabakh war will perhaps be remembered as a turning point – with that day marking the start of the operation called “wedding in the mountains”, which changed not only...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Arayik Harutyunyan Signed a Decree on the 2020 Summer Draft and Demobilization
US Breaks All Ties With WHO, will no longer Finance It — Trump
Armenia Citizens Holding Ordinary Passports Can Travel to China Without Visa as of Monday
President Sarkissian Congratulates Croatia’s Milanović on Statehood Day
Armenia Records 8927 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Austrian Parliament Ratifies Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh Parliamentary Speaker Responds to Azerbaijan's Statements
RA Prime Minister Offers Condolences to President of Spanish Government
Armenia to Reach Italy's Figures if Tempo of Spread of Coronavirus Remains Unchanged: Armenia's PM
Artsakh President Instructs Reappointed FM to Intensify Work on Foreign Policy Front
Yerevan Zoo Will be Closed for Visitors on Children’s Day
Yerevan-Brussels-Yerevan Regular Flights to Resume on June 27
ECHR Delivers Advisory Opinion on Robert Kocharyan’s Case
Armenia PM Signs New Decision
Armenian President Offers Condolences to King Felipe VI of Spain
Artsakh President: There Can Phased Solution to Conflict But Only in One Option
Kamo Aghajanyan Appointed Director of National Security Service of Artsakh
David Babayan is Appointed Karabakh Presidential Adviser
Karabakh President to Azerbaijan Counterpart: Have You Chosen Path to Solving Issue Through Force?
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
How Can the Armenian Genocide Be Forgotten? Russian TV Journalist to Ukrainian Politician
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Comment by the Artsakh Foreign Ministry on the 29th Anniversary of the Operation ‘Koltso’ (‘Ring’) on the Deportation of the Armenian Population of the Borderline Villages of Artsakh
Wind: 7 km/h