First Shipment of Russian S-400 Systems Delivered to Turkey
The first shipment of the Russian S-400 missile system has arrived in Turkey, according to the Turkish defence ministry, moving the NATO member closer to a new standoff with the United States.
The ministry said in a statement on Friday that "the first group of equipment" of the advanced air defence systems had been delivered to the Murted airbase outside the capital, Ankara, Al-Jazeera reports.
"The delivery of parts belonging to the system will continue in the coming days," Turkey's defence industry directorate said separately.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
NATO Will Send a Written Proposal to the Kremlin Later This Week
White House Says Biden Has No Intention, Desire to Send Troops to Ukraine
Remains of Another Fallen Soldier Found During Artsakh Search Operations
Erdogan Receives Chairman of the Union of Armenian Foundations
Croatia to Withdraw Its Forces from NATO in Event of Russia-Ukraine Conflict
Austrian Foreign Minister to Visit Armenia
Armenian Military Receives Modern Multi-Role Helicopters
Turkey Reportedly Plans to Launch Flights to Various Regions of Armenia
Eurovision 2022: Armenia Will Play in the First Semifinal
Lukashenko Says Doesn’t Want War but Calls for Being Prepared for any Scenario
Do Not Assume COVID Pandemic Reaching 'End Game', Warns WHO
Court Hearing in Kocharyan's Case Postponed
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Delimitation of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Will Help Exclude Armed Clashes: Bordyuzha
PM Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to the Newly Elected Prime Minister of North Macedonia
Armenia Records 353731 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Luxembourg
Serzh Sargsyan turned to mediators to restore point on holding a referendum: Pashinyan
PM Pashinyan Answers Questions of Media and NGO Representatives
There are Closed Roadways in Armenia
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases