Man Dies as Police Shootout Follows Firebomb Attack on Immigration Centre: USA
A 69-year-old man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early on Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said, the guardian reports.
The Tacoma police department said the officers responded about 4am to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Centre, a US Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings.
The detention centre has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.
The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention centre, police spokesman Loretta Cool said.
- Judge Orders Social-Media Silence for Roger Stone If Stone continues to post on social media after today, he could be found in contempt of court and face jail time.
- Boris Johnson to Seek Trump Trade Deal in First Move as Leader The key to the whole thing is the US.
- Trump Aides Pick Sanctions to Punish Turkey for Russian Missiles The administration chose one of three sets of actions
- Trump Says He will Meet Russia’s Putin at G-20 Summit Next Week In an interview on Fox News, Trump said he would hold meetings with Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump confirmed earlier this week he would be meeting with Xi.
- U.S. House Passes Cox Amendment on U.S. Aid to Artsakh Congressman TJ Cox (D-CA) – a first-term legislator representing California’s Central Valley – spearheaded the successful passage today of an amendment appropriating Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20) U.S....
"This is the Reform that We Expect to Yield Concrete Results” - PM Holds Consultation on the Concept of Ministry of High-Tech Industry Activities
President Armen Sarkissian Held a Farewell Meeting with the Ambassador of Argentine to Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with His Colleague of Georgian Parliament
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Turkish Military Conducts Airstrikes in Northern Iraq
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with the U.S. Members of Congress
After Shaking Episodes, Germany's Merkel Says She Is Fit for Work
Israel, Bahrain foreign ministers hold first public meeting in US
President of Artsakh Received the Delegation of the Commission Regulating Public Services of Armenia
Preventing Mass Atrocities Against Members of Religious Groups is Absolute Priority For Armenia - FM
President of Artsakh Convenes Consultation in Tigranakert
Plane Evacuation Flying From Moscow Airport to Yerevan Caused by Strange Smell on Board
Nikol Pashinyan Hosts Australia’s New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian
Trump Says the U.S. Navy Downed an Iranian Drone in the Strait of Hormuz
Zareh Sinanyan Pays 1st Foreign Visit to Russia in the Post of Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs
President Armen Sarkissian Hosted Premier of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Head of Parliament Has Meetings with Representatives of the U.S. Armenian Organizations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
US Preparing to Send Hundreds of Troops to Saudi Arabia Amid Iran Tensions
US House Rejects Bid to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
PM: "Our Will Is Unshakable and Our Hand Will Not Flinch Against Those Who Try to Revive the Methods of Violence in the Republic of Armenia"
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
Wind: 13 km/h