Man Dies as Police Shootout Follows Firebomb Attack on Immigration Centre: USA
A 69-year-old man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early on Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said, the guardian reports.
The Tacoma police department said the officers responded about 4am to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Centre, a US Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings.
The detention centre has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.
The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention centre, police spokesman Loretta Cool said.
- House Majority Leader Hoyer Statement on Protests in Moscow I call on the Russian authorities to release political prisoners.
- Senate Fails to Override Trump's Veto on Saudi Arms Sales In May, the Trump administration said it would go ahead with more than $8 billion in military sales, sidestepping a congressional review process.
- Trump Threatened to Tax French Wines U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to tax French wines on Friday in retaliation for France’s recent proposal to levy a tax aimed at big U.S. technology companies
- Trump Speaks Before Presidential Seal Doctored with Symbols of Russia and Golf In other words, a proud presidential symbol was apparently reworked to shame Trump over two of the biggest targets of anti-Trump criticism – Russian involvement in the 2016 election and excessive golfing...
- Trump to Discuss Turkey With GOP Senators at White House Next Week Citing two officials familiar with the matter, the report noted that the meeting, which will address "Turkey sanctions," will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Oil Drops as Recession Risks Mount with Trade War Tariffs
Two Candidates Made it to Presidential Runoff in Abkhazia
"Gyumri is to be the Focus of Armenia Independence Day Festivities this Year" – Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Gyumri Residents on City Day
Consultation on Water Supply Issues in Stepanakert
Trump Dampens Macron Optimism on Iran Talks
Trump Says 'Certainly Possible' Putin Could Be Invited to G-7
More Than 50 Armenian Passengers Standed at Sharm El Sheikh Airport
Gyumri Day is Celebrated, Armenia PM to Attend
Armenia PM Has Congratulated the People of Kapan
Netanyahu Hails Israel Strikes Against Syria to Foil Iran 'Killer Drone Attack'
Malatia Mall Fire Contained at Dawn
Stepanakert Airport Hosts Third Artsakh Airfest
Macron Opens G7 Summit with Working Dinner
French Wine-Makers Hope for G7 Detente with Trump Over Tariffs
President Sarkissian Congratulates Zelensky on Ukrainian Independence Day
President Sahakyan Visited a Number of Water Supply Facilities in Stepanakert
5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
Amazon Fires: Brazil Sends Army to Help Tackle Blazes
Armenian PM Congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
Turkey's Erdogan to Visit Russia
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Conscript Ghazaryan had no injuries before appearing on Azerbaijani territory: Investigative Committee
Wind: 5 km/h