Senate Fails to Override Trump's Veto on Saudi Arms Sales
The U.S. Senate on Monday failed to override President Donald Trump’s vetoes of legislation passed by Congress that would have blocked the sales of certain weapons to Saudi Arabia, Reuters reports.
In the first of three separate efforts to overturn the Republican president’s vetoes, supporters failed by a vote of 45-40, well short of the two-thirds needed. Five of the chamber’s 53 Republicans joined Democrats in voting to override Trump.
The vote tallies were similar in the two subsequent roll-call votes to override vetoes of legislation blocking additional weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries.
In May, the Trump administration said it would go ahead with more than $8 billion in military sales, sidestepping a congressional review process.
- Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov at White House The State Department had previously announced that Lavrov would travel to Washington this week for meetings with Pompeo to "discuss a broad range of regional and bilateral issues."
- Trump: The EU Is Treating the US Very Unfairly The situation over EU relations will become very difficult if the EU does not "shape up," said US President Donald Trump.
Armen Sarkissian Received Ambassador Of China To Armenia
First Group Of Passangers Left The Diamond Princess
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ReceiveD Armenian Speaker of Parliament
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
PM Pashinyan Receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the Crisis in Georgia
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Initiative to Commemorate Armenian Genocide Victims Memory Registered in Ukrainian Parliament
Trump: Cases Stemming from Mueller Probe Should Be 'Thrown Out'
Andrzej Kasprzyk Takes Actions Stemming from His Mandate: OSCE (Tert.am)
Dubai Crown Prince Has Posted a Video which Shows a Pilot Flying an Iron Man-Like Jet Pack '5,000ft above the Ground at 150mph'
Armenia Defense Minister Receives EU Special Representative-Led Delegation
Incumbent Ghani Confirmed Winner of Afghan Presidential Poll After Five-Month Delay
"Citizens Should be Convinced that the Government Does Not Embezzle in State Funds" - Tax Reform Concept Discussed in Government
Haftar-Led Libyan National Army Says It Destroyed a Turkish Vessel With Weapons in Port of Tripoli
Parliament Speaker Says Georgia Moving forward, Opposition Interrupts with USSR Anthem
EU to Give Turkey More Time to Avoid Tax Blacklisting
Turkish Army Sent 300 Military Vehicles To Idlib
Zelensky Calls Extra NSDC Meeting On Situation In Donbas
Chief of General Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces Not Going to Resign
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the President of Moldova on the Occasion of his Birth Anniversary
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Wind: 4 km/h