Senate Fails to Override Trump's Veto on Saudi Arms Sales
The U.S. Senate on Monday failed to override President Donald Trump’s vetoes of legislation passed by Congress that would have blocked the sales of certain weapons to Saudi Arabia, Reuters reports.
In the first of three separate efforts to overturn the Republican president’s vetoes, supporters failed by a vote of 45-40, well short of the two-thirds needed. Five of the chamber’s 53 Republicans joined Democrats in voting to override Trump.
The vote tallies were similar in the two subsequent roll-call votes to override vetoes of legislation blocking additional weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries.
In May, the Trump administration said it would go ahead with more than $8 billion in military sales, sidestepping a congressional review process.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America At the request of the guests, the Foreign Minister presented the main directions and priorities of the foreign policy of Artsakh, touched upon the processes of peaceful settlement of the Azerbaijan-Karabakh...
- PM attends UN debate on Sustainable Development During his working visit to New York, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan participated in the “UN Sustainable Development Goals: The 2020-2030 Vision” summit and delivered a speech. Below is the full text...
- PM speaks at Columbia University in New York Since 1994 when a ceasefire agreement was signed between Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijan and Armenia, the Nagorno-Karabakh peace process became an indispensable part of regional politics.
- PM Attends Armenia-Los Angeles Business Forum Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s working visit to the United States, Los Angeles, continues.
- Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint The source who spoke to CNN would not disclose the foreign leader with whom Trump was alleged to have spoken.
U.S. Warns Egypt of Sanctions Over Russian Warplane Purchase
Garo Paylan: Erdogan is Praising Genocide
Pompeo: US "Will Continue to Lead" Fight Against Islamic State
Russian MFA Condemns Killing of Armenian Priests in Syria
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artur Javadyan: Central Bank is Concerned About Growth Rate of Consumer Loans
Pashinyan to Visit Italy
President Sarkissian Hosts Film Director Jivan Avetisyan
Armenian President Holds Farewell Meeting with Greek Ambassador
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Chaired the Meeting of the Government
Erdogan Says He Gave Trump Back Letter Warning Not to Be ‘Fool’
President of Artsakh Signed Laws
Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open for All Types of Vehicles
Graham Blocks Resolution Recognizing Armenian Genocide After Erdoğan Meeting
Kazakhstan’s Senate Speaker Arrives in Armenia on Official Visit
Artsakh President Receives the Head of Board and Executive Director of the Armenian Public TV and Radio Company
Armenia's Government Wants Clarification of the Parameters of the Madrid Principles
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
The Incident in Armavir Doesn't Correspond to Spirit of Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Embassy in Russia
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Turkish Foreign Minister Hold Talks with U.S.'s Pompeo: Sources
Zareh Sinanyan Will Demand from French Authorities to Provide Security to Armenian Institutions after Attacks
Wind: 3 km/h