Senate Fails to Override Trump's Veto on Saudi Arms Sales
The U.S. Senate on Monday failed to override President Donald Trump’s vetoes of legislation passed by Congress that would have blocked the sales of certain weapons to Saudi Arabia, Reuters reports.
In the first of three separate efforts to overturn the Republican president’s vetoes, supporters failed by a vote of 45-40, well short of the two-thirds needed. Five of the chamber’s 53 Republicans joined Democrats in voting to override Trump.
The vote tallies were similar in the two subsequent roll-call votes to override vetoes of legislation blocking additional weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries.
In May, the Trump administration said it would go ahead with more than $8 billion in military sales, sidestepping a congressional review process.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
Without Artsakh there is no Armenia, without Armenia it is obvious what fate our Diaspora will have: David Babayan
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Situation Relatively Stable as of 10:30am
Feast of the Holy Cross of Varague
We Continue to Urge the Parties to Engage in Peace Process - Blinken
David Babayan Met with Senior Staff Members of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
MoD: One of Divisions of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Went on a Provocation
Armenian, Georgian Prime Ministers meet in New York
In a Meeting with Charles Michel, Nikol Pashinyan Emphasizes the Need for Addressed Assessments Over Azerbaijani Aggression
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Kremlin Spokesman Denies Reports of Plans to Call Up 1.2 Mln Russians
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
President Harutyunyan Received Members of the "Free Homeland-UCA" Parliamentary Faction
After Azeri Attacks on Armenia, US Embassy Issues Travel Warning to its Employees to Several Locations
No Changes in Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Deputy FM, CSTO Chief Discuss Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
The Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Jordan
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Ararat Mirzoyan Received the Delegation of the Deputies of the National Assembly of Artsakh
State Department Responds to Turkey's Claims: Greek Islands Sovereignty is not Disputed
Why Do We Need Such a World if There is no Artsakh There: David Babayan
Russia, China Can Reach $200 Bln in Trade Turnover Soon: Putin
Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan Leaders to Attend Shanghai Cooperation Organization Summit
Wind: 1.54 km/h