Turkey, US Agree to Set up Operation Centre for Syria Safe Zone
Turkey and the United States agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint operation center in Turkey to coordinate and manage a planned safe zone in northeast Syria, a move that appeared to reduce the chance of imminent Turkish military action, Reuters reports.
The two countries gave few details of the deal, which followed three days of talks between military delegations and months of stalemate over how far the safe zone should extend into Syria and who should command forces patrolling it.
The proposed zone aims to secure a strip of land stretching more than 400 km (250 miles) along Syria’s northeastern border with Turkey, much of it controlled by the Kurdish YPG militia that fought with U.S. support against Islamic State militants.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Armenian FM on New Proposals: We are Trying to Figure out What is Unacceptable to Azerbaijan
I Believe that the Armenian State Will Rise From Its Slumbers: Serzh Sargsyan
I am Confident that Armenian Army Will Eventually Stand Tall Again
Armenia Records 361754 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Army and Education are the Most Important Cornerstones of Our Statehood: Armen Sarkissian
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan's Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the Formation of the Armenian Armed Forces
Russia Proposes US to Return American Nuclear Weapons from NATO Countries Stateside
Erdogan Discussed Future Steps in Relations with Armenia at National Security Council Meeting
Armenian Ombudsman Meets European Parliament's Permanent Rapporteurs on Armenia and Azerbaijan
Vandalism in Hadrut: Azerbaijanis Remove the Cross from Armenian Spitak Khach Church
Armenian Minister of Defense Takes Vacation
Armenian Patriarch of Istanbul Comments on Normalization Process of Armenia-Turkey Relations
Lavrov-Blinken Meeting Kicks Off in Geneva
Armenia First Deputy Minister of Justice Dismissed
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Priority Today Is to Start Azerbaijan-Armenia Border Delimitation, Demarcation Process
The Secretary of the Security Council, Armen Grigoryan, Met With the Delegation of Representatives of the European Council's Presidency and the European Union
NBA Veteran Rex Kalamian Named Head Coach of Armenian National Team
Parajanov's ''Hakob Hovnatanyan'' Is the First Armenian Film in Collection of New York’s Museum of Modern Art
Armenia Records 349957 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi
3rd President Sargsyan Pays Tribute to Armenians who Sacrificed Their Lives for the Homeland (PHOTOS)
Armenia Records 344930 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases