Turkey, US Agree to Set up Operation Centre for Syria Safe Zone
Turkey and the United States agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint operation center in Turkey to coordinate and manage a planned safe zone in northeast Syria, a move that appeared to reduce the chance of imminent Turkish military action, Reuters reports.
The two countries gave few details of the deal, which followed three days of talks between military delegations and months of stalemate over how far the safe zone should extend into Syria and who should command forces patrolling it.
The proposed zone aims to secure a strip of land stretching more than 400 km (250 miles) along Syria’s northeastern border with Turkey, much of it controlled by the Kurdish YPG militia that fought with U.S. support against Islamic State militants.
- Saudi Arabia Sold Building Where Khashoggi was Killed: Report The building, located in the upscale Levent neighbourhood, was sold more than a month ago to an undisclosed buyer for a third of its value
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons Lebanese Ambassador The Foreign Ministry conveyed its concern to Lebanese envoy Gassan Muallim, saying a group of people being able to approach to the entrance gate of the consular service raises concern in terms of the security...
- Erdogan's Party Seeks Expulsion of Former PM Ahmet Davutoglu In recent months, Davutoglu has accused the AK Party of deviating from its core principles, hitting out at the government's economic record and Erdogan himself.
- Erdogan Reports Negotiations with Russia over Deliveries of Su-57 Fighter Jets Erdogan attended the MAKS-2019 air show outside Moscow together with Russian President Vladimir Putin on 27 August.
- Putin, Erdogan to Hold Talks on August 27 According to him, Putin will also attend the closing ceremony of the WorldSkills 2019 World Championship in Kazan on August 27.
Queen Elizabeth II Sent Congratulations to President Sarkissian on the Occasion of Independence Day
Defense Minister: Exchange of Armenian Captives with Azerbaijani Saboteurs not Ruled Out
PM Introduces NSS Interim Director to NSS Senior Staff
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Meets Trump
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Trump Whistleblower Complaint Involves Ukraine: Report
Nikol Pashinyan Calls at Public TV Headquarters
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Hold Meeting in New York City
Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen
Joe Biden Calls for Reaffirmation of U.S. Record on the Armenian Genocide
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
PM receives HSBC Bank Executive Director for Europe
PM receives Boeing International Corporation Vice President-Led Delegation
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
Iran's Zarif Warns of 'All-out War'
Trump's Communications with a Foreign Leader Sparked Whistleblower Complaint
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Wall During Visit to U.S.-Mexico Border (video)
Armenia’s PM Appoints Acting chiefs of National Security Service, Police
UAE to Join US-Led Naval Coalition in Gulf
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
CSTO Will Always Welcome Cooperation with all the Former Republics of the USSR: Deputy Prime Minister of Russia
The Proposal for Organizing a Meeting Between Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Was Voiced by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Georgian Parliament Approves New Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia
Wind: 6 km/h