China Vows to Implement ‘Necessary Countermeasures’ in Response to Donald Trump’s US Tariff Increase
China almost instantly vowed to implement the “necessary countermeasures” in response to the United States’ decision to increase tariffs on US$200 billion of Chinese goods to 25 per cent on Friday, reiterating its tough stance in the trade war, SCMP reports.
“China deeply regrets that the US has decided to increase the tariffs from 10 per cent to 25 per cent on US$200 billion worth of China goods exported to the United States,” the Ministry of Commerce said in a statement released minutes after the new US tariff level came into effect.
“We’ll have no choice but to take the necessary countermeasures.”
The statement did not specify what steps would be implemented after the US followed through with the threat issued by US President Donald Trump earlier this week
- Malaysia's Mahathir Proposes Common East Asia Currency Pegged to Gold “In the Far East, if you want to come together, we should start with a common trading currency, not to be used locally but for the purpose of settling of trade,” he said at the Nikkei Future of Asia...
- Singapore Dethrones U.S. as World's Most Competitive Economy The U.S. fell two spots as the confidence boost from tax cuts faded and high-technology exports weakened.
- US-China Trade Talks end Without Agreement “The relationship between [Chinese] President Xi [Jinping] and myself remains a very strong one, and conversations into the future will continue. In the meantime, the United States has imposed Tariffs...
- U.S. and China Near Deal That Could End Most U.S. Tariffs One of the remaining sticking points is whether the tariffs would be lifted immediately or over a period of time to allow the U.S. to monitor whether China is meeting its obligations, the people said....
- EU's Juncker Expects Trump to Refrain from Imposing Higher Tariffs on Cars “Trump gave me his word that there won’t be any car tariffs for the time being. I view this commitment as something you can rely on,” Juncker told the German daily Stuttgarter Zeitung in an interview....
Macron Opens G7 Summit with Working Dinner
French Wine-Makers Hope for G7 Detente with Trump Over Tariffs
President Sarkissian Congratulates Zelensky on Ukrainian Independence Day
President Sahakyan Visited a Number of Water Supply Facilities in Stepanakert
5 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Strikes Japan
Amazon Fires: Brazil Sends Army to Help Tackle Blazes
Armenian PM Congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
Turkey's Erdogan to Visit Russia
Trump Says He’s Ordering American Companies to Immediately Start Looking for an Alternative to China
PM Nikol Pashinyan’s Congratulatory Message on Independence Declaration Anniversary
China to Impose 10%, 5% Extra Tariffs on $75 Billion Worth of US Imports
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Neets with Residents of Amulsar-Affected Saravan and Goraik Communities
Putin Orders Officials to Prepare Response to US Cruise Missile Testing after INF Treaty Collapse
Armenia's Parliament Speaker Congratulates on 29th Anniversary of Independence Declaration
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
"The Amulsar Issue May be Tackled Based on the Balanced Interest of the Republic of Armenia" - Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Jermuk Residents
Canada Opposes Russia's Return to G8: Freeland
Amulsar Exploitation Should Have no Impact on Land, Water and Air: Armenia’s PM
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting with Composer Robert Amirkhanyan
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Wind: 10 km/h