China Hopes U.S. Will Create Conditions Necessary for September Trade Talks
In the latest tit-for-tat escalation of the trade war between the world’s two largest economies, U.S. President Donald Trump last Friday said he would heap an additional duty of 5% on about $550 billion in targeted Chinese goods, Reuters reports.
The move came hours after China had unveiled retaliatory tariffs on $75-billion worth of U.S. goods.
China hopes the United States can cancel the planned additional tariffs to avoid an escalation in the trade war, its commerce ministry spokesman, Gao Feng, told reporters on Thursday.
“The most important thing at the moment is to create necessary conditions for both sides to continue negotiations,” he said during a weekly briefing, adding that China was lodging “solemn representation” with the United States.
For two years, the Trump administration has sought to pressure China to eliminate what it calls unfair trade practices and make sweeping changes to its policies on intellectual property protection, forced transfers of technology to Chinese firms, industrial subsidies and market access.
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
- Armenia to Get €10.6mn Loan from EBRD The area of this checkpoint is expected to increase from the current 6.5 hectares to 8.6 hectares, its service capacity will increase from the current 300 vehicles to 900 vehicles per day, its construction...
- China’s Yuan Could Become the World’s Third Largest Reserve Currency in 10 Years Right now, the yuan accounts for about 2% of global foreign exchange reserve assets, the report pointed out. But it could rise to between 5% and 10% by 2030, surpassing the levels of the Japanese yen and...
- Israel, UAE Will Cooperate on Financial Services, Investment One focus, Netanyahu said, would be on "cooperation in the field of financial services and removing financial barriers for making investments between the countries, as well as promoting joint investments...
- China Hopes US Will Create Conditions for Implementation of Phase 1 of Trade Deal The COVID-19 pandemic and US export controls have undoubtedly influenced China's purchase of American goods and services, he said.
Fierce Battles Continue in Different Directions: MOD Representative
Destruction of Azerbaijani Military Infrastructure (video)
Armenia Records 70836 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Australia’s New South Wales Legislative Assembly Officially Recognizes Artsakh Independence
Azerbaijan Is Firing Artillery Strikes At Martuni And Nearby Villages
No Rocket Has Been Fired From the Territory of the Republic of Armenia in the Direction of Azerbaijan: Shushan Stepanyan
Over the Night, Situation in the Zone of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Conflict Has Been Relatively Stable-Tense
Kim Kardashian: US Library of Congress Announced it Will Now Use Subject Heading Armenian Genocide
Armenian MFA urges Azerbaijan, Turkey not to Undermine Efforts to Establish Verifiable Ceasefire
Clashes Continue on the Front Line
Armenia Was and Now Too Is Ready for Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh Conflict: PM’s Spokesperson
Pompeo Says Will Talk with the Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs about Nagorno Karabakh on Friday
Voice Message of a Syrian Mercenary Fighting against Artsakh in the Azerbaijani Army
Azerbaijani Forces Have Employed Czech DANA 152-mm Self-Propelled Artillery Pieces against Artsakh Army
President of the European Council Discussed Nagorno-Karabakh with Armenian President
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Met With Foreign Minister of RF Sergey Lavrov
Artsakh Ombudsman Released Ad-hoc Report on the Azerbaijani Attacks on the Shushi Ghazanchetsots Cathedral
Artsakh Defense Army Publishes Names of Other Killed 62 Servicemen
The Armenian Government has Put a Temporary Embargo on Imports of Goods Having Turkish Origin
Garegin II Met With The Former Presidents Of The Republic Of Artsakh Arkady Ghukasyan And Bako Sahakyan
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
Macron Says Ready to Talk with Turkey, but Respect Needed
Despite Your Best Efforts, Turkey, Azerbaijan... We Will Never Be Annihilated: Alexis Ohanian
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Armenia's Healthcare Minister and Chinese Ambassador Discuss Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Application
Wind: 5 km/h