Yemen Govt Accuses UAE of Launching Air Strikes against Troops
Yemen's government on Thursday accused the United Arab Emirates of launching air strikes against its troops in the southern city of Aden in support of separatist fighters, France24 reports.
"The Yemeni government condemns the Emirati air strikes against government forces in the interim capital Aden and in Zinjibar, which resulted in civilian and military casualties," Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammad al-Hadhrami said in a tweet.
The UAE has trained and supported separatists who seek an independent southern Yemen, although it is a key pillar in a Saudi-led coalition backing the Yemeni government against Iran-aligned Huthi rebels.
Hadhrami urged Saudi Arabia "to stand by the legitimate government and stop this illegal and unjustified military escalation".
The deputy foreign minister did not say when the alleged air strikes took place.
- Yemen's Houthis Say Launch Drone Attack at Saudi Border Airport The attack was in response to "the continued escalation by the forces of aggression and their siege of the great Yemeni people," Yahya Saree, a military spokesman for Yemen's Houthi militia said in a tweet.
- Saudi-Led Coalition Declares 2-Week Coronavirus Ceasefire in Yemen: Al-Jazeera There was no immediate comment by the Houthis.
- Arab Coalition Launches Military Operation North of Hodeidah in Yemen Colonel Turki al-Maliki, spokesman for the Arab coalition, said the coalition forces foiled “an imminent terrorist act by the Houthi militia south of the Red Sea.”
- Yemen: Dozens Killed in Houthi Attack on Aden Military Parade The Houthis' official al-Masirah TV said the group launched a medium-range ballistic missile and armed drone at the parade, which it described as being staged in preparation for a military move against...
- UN Warned There May Be a Terrible Famine in Yemen The representative of the United Nations warned that famine could become the largest in recent decades and result in millions of victims. If the blockade is lifted, humanitarian missions will be able to...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 3.6 km/h