Erdogan's Party Seeks Expulsion of Former PM Ahmet Davutoglu
The decision on Monday to consider expelling the 60-year-old, along with three other members, came after a meeting of the central executive committee of Justice and Development (AK) Party, which is chaired by Erdogan.
A leading AK Party figure who also served as a foreign minister, Davutoglu became prime minister in 2014 but fell out with Erdogan in 2016. He was later replaced by Binali Yildirim, who kept the position until Turkey's parliamentary system was substituted by an executive presidential system last year.
In recent months, Davutoglu has accused the AK Party of deviating from its core principles, hitting out at the government's economic record and Erdogan himself.
His criticism included the party's insistence on a rerun of the Istanbul vote after the AK Party lost Turkey's largest city to the opposition in March local elections, as well as the recent removal of three newly-elected mayors in the east of the country over claims related to "terrorism".
- Erdogan Calls on Putin to Facilitate Ceasefire in Idlib "Our president cited statistics to explain how serious the situation was [in Idlib]. He told Putin frankly that ceasefire violations must come to an end. We also made the same appeal to the international...
- Turkey Restores Wikipedia After More Than 2-Year Ban Rights groups have regularly criticized the erosion of free speech in Turkey under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, especially since a failed coup attempt in 2016 triggered a massive crackdown on government...
- Trump, Erdogan Discuss Tensions in Iran, Syria, Libya A White House spokesman said the two leaders discussed protests in Iran, where citizens have flooded the streets to express frustration with leaders in Tehran, as well as the Iranians shooting down a Ukrainian...
- Erdogan Says will ask Parliament for Permission to Send Troops to Libya "As soon as parliament is back after recess, we will make a request for sending troops to Libya first thing. If we receive a corresponding invitation [from Libya for sending troops) we will accept it,"...
- Turkey summons US ambassador over Armenian genocide resolution Turkey’s Foreign Ministry has summoned the US ambassador to Ankara, in protest at the US Congress’ passing of a resolution recognizing the Armenian genocide.
Armenia PM: Central Bank Made $5 mln Purchase from Financial Market Today
US Threatens to Assassinate New Quds Force Commander
In Jerusalem Emmanuel Macron Got Acquainted with the History of the Local Armenian Community (VIDEO)
Switzerland Mints World's Smallest Gold Coin
Turkish FM Urges Georgia to Join NATO
Armenian Church in Turkey Becomes Library
Nikol Pashinyan to Visit Netherlands
Shooter Hands Gun to Police After Negotiations
Welcome to Jerusalem: Greeting Text in Armenian Posted on Jerusalem Street Wall
President Sarkissian Raises Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition by Knesset in Israel
In Presidential First, Trump Will Attend Anti-Abortion March for Life
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
China Shuts Down Public Transport in City at Centre of Virus Outbreak
Armenian FM Holds Phone Conversation with Cypriot Counterpart
"Apparently, Under no Circumstances Artsakh can Become a Part of Azerbaijan" – Armenia MFA
PM Holds Consultation to Discuss Regional Development Issues
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Macron to Participate in Annual Dinner of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France
Absence of Armenia-Turkey Relations Challenge for Armenia’s Security: Armenia’s FM
Pashinyan Ensures Law Enforcement will Reveal all Circumstances of the Death of Former NSS Director
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Wind: 4 km/h