Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
We have to state that there is nothing new in the speech by the President of Azerbaijan, Armenia's MFA spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan said, referring to the speech of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at Valdai discussion club.
"We have to state that there is nothing new in the speech by the President of Azerbaijan. The maximalist stance of Azerbaijan, which has been the main and essential threat to the peace process, remains unchanged even despite the recent agreements reached, which implies preparing peoples for peace.
The formula proposed by the Prime-Minister Nikol Pashinyan - the settlement should be acceptable to the peoples in Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan - is aimed at bringing that very commitment to prepare peoples for peace to a more practical dimension.
This formula is aimed at making the idea of compromise acceptable to all sides, engaging societies in creating an environment conducive to peace, as well as enshrining the responsibility and accountability of the leaders before their people.
In his response to the Armenian side, President of Azerbaijan made no reference to the necessity of peaceful solution for the peoples of the region. Moreover, he casted doubt on the existence of Artsakh people on their own historical homeland.
In order to substantiate its maximalist approach Azerbaijan has always used rhetoric of dehumanizing Artsakh and the Armenian people overall. Such instances of demunaization include pardon of Ramil Safarov by the President of Azerbaijan and his glorification, atrocities committed against peaceful citizens and soldiers during April aggression of Azerbaijan against Artsakh, ethnic cleansing of Armenians from the Artsakh territories under the Azerbaijani occupation and erasing the Armenian historical presence and traces on the territory of Azerbaijan.
The Azerbaijani maximalist rhetoric and dehumanization of the people of Artsakh create existential security threat to people of Artsakh. Effectively countering this threat is an all-Armenian issue, which was best formulated through the commitment undertaken by the authorities of Armenia before the people of Artsakh, on August 5.
Armenia is confident that peaceful settlement of the conflict and the victory of democracy in the region has no alternative and in that sense attaches importance to fulfilling the commitment to prepare peoples for peace," Naghdalyan stated.
- Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan “The sentence that the solution must satisfy Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan was first voiced by Gorbachov. Then it became clear very soon that the issue is not it. Yes, it is very beautiful sentence...
- The Congressmen Expressed Readiness to Continue Their Efforts Aimed at Putting an End to the Isolation of Artsakh Masis Mayilian highly appreciated the strong support of the U.S. lawmakers for the continued struggle of the people of Artsakh for the sake of freedom, peace and decent life in their homeland.
- FM Highlights Reduction of Risks of Escalation for Substantive NK Talks Mnatsakanyan said it is an absolutely important issue to reach a situation which rules out risks of escalation.
- “Kazan document” was rejected by Azerbaijan itself, Yerevan reminds Baku As for the opinion of the minister of foreign affairs of Azerbaijan on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, I would kindly like to remind, that Azerbaijan was the one to reject the...
- Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Again under Co-Chair Auspices before the End of the Year: OSCE MG Statement The two leaders briefed the Co-Chairs on their recent conversation during the CIS summit in Ashgabat and presented their ideas on how to advance the settlement process.
Artsakh will Never be a Constituent of Azerbaijan, and the Issue has no Military Solution: Serzh Sargsyan
Japanese Computer Scientist Takeo Kanade Named Laureate of Armenian Global IT Award 2019
Armenia Army Delegation Participates in Consultations Held at CSTO Joint Staff
PM Visits Mekhitarist Congregation
Armenia Named Most Popular Spot for Russian Travelers in 2019
Armenia Ranked 94th in Global Terrorism Index 2019
ADB Program to Help Improve Education and Health in Armenia
Iran's Rouhani Claims Victory over Unrest and Blames Foreigners
Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria
Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan Arrives in Italy on Official Visit
Congressional Armenian Caucus Urges to Restore U.S. Military Aid Parity to Armenia and Azerbaijan
President Donald Trump’s Threats Against China are Escalating
Gas Price for Armenia to Remain Unchanged Till Spring: Armenia’s PM
Aleksander Lapshin Shares Story About "Little Armenia in Jordan"
U.S. Deploying Troops to Saudi Arabia
Movses Hakobyan Appointed Head of MOD Military Oversight Service
Armen Grigoryan to Attend 7th Meeting of Secretaries of CIS Security Councils
PM Meets with Leading Russian Media Representatives
Zatulin: Nagorno-Karabakh's Right to Self-Determination and Independence From Azerbaijan Must be Acknowledged
UAE Flag in Armenia Lowered on Occasion of Death of President's Brother
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Wind: 5 km/h