Catalan Independence Protesters Block Major Spain-France Road Link
Catalan pro-independence protesters blocked a border point on the AP-7 highway that connects the Spanish region with France on Monday, stopping traffic in both directions the day after a parliamentary election in Spain, Reuters reports.
Around 500 people cut the highway - an important truck route from France to southern Spain - at the border point of La Jonquera, some on the French side and the rest in Spain, a Catalan police spokesman said. Traffic was being diverted to another road and protesters were setting up a stage.
Catalonia has been rocked by mass protests since long prison sentences were handed down in mid-October to nine separatist leaders who spearheaded a failed independence bid in 2017.
- Catalan Separatists Approve Talks with Spanish Socialists But Demand Secession Negotiation ERC official Marta Vilalta said the results showed that, unless the Socialists accept its demands, the party will uphold its refusal to facilitate Sanchez’s bid to form a government.
- Barcelona Rocked by Violence as Catalan Protesters Clash with Police The general strike that brought the Catalan capital to a standstill drew over half a million people, according to police estimates, and was largely peaceful for most of the day.
- Catalan New President Did Not Mention of Obeying the Spanish Constitution Torra, a hardline Catalan nationalist handpicked by the region’s deposed president, Carles Puigdemont, was elected by 66 votes to 65 on Monday and assumed office at a low-key ceremony in Barcelona on...
- Puigdemont Refuses to be Catalonia's President In a video from his self-imposed exile in Berlin, Mr Puigdemont named Quim Torra to be a candidate for the presidency of the region.
- Clashes in Catalonia over Puigdemont's Arrest The situation in Barcelona escalated in the evening as protesters fought running battles with riot police. Local authorities reported dozens of injuries and many arrests.
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences on Passing of Krzysztof Penderetsky
5 Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
The passing of Patrick Devedjyan is an Irreparable Loss for Armenian-French Friendship: Nikol Pashinyan
Former French Minister of Armenian Decent Patrick Devedjian Dies of Coronavirus: AFP
North Korea Launches Two Short-Range Ballistic Missiles
Number of Coronavirus Cases in Armenia Reach 424
Two People die From Coronavirus in Armenia, Making Total Number of Deaths 3
Sunday of Advent
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Mikhail Mishustin
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Restrictions Enforced within the Framework of Prevention of Novel Coronavirus
Armenian Health Minister Says Lockdown May be Extended
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Police and Convened a Working Consultation There
Armenian President Holds Phone Talk with Lord Ara Darzi and Academician Aramayis Kamalov
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
OSCE Media Representative Welcomes Armenia’s Swift Reaction in Addressing His Concerns
Armenia Reports 372 Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of St. Gregory the Illuminator’s Torments and Commitment to the Pit
ANCA Welcomes First Round of US Funding to Help Armenia Respond to COVID-19 Crisis
Temporary Suspension of Visa Free Entry between Armenia and China Has Been Prolonged until May 31
South Korean Government Gave Kia Car to Armenia's Police as a Present
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 4 km/h