"Disgraceful": Turkey Lambasts US Senate for Armenian Genocide Vote
Turkey has responded to the US Senate’s recognition of the Armenian Genocide, lambasting American Senators for "exploiting" and "politicizing" history, Armenpress reports.
This resolution of the Senate is one of the disgraceful examples of politicisation of history. However, those who exploit history by disregarding reality for their political interests will never achieve their aims.
This resolution, at the same time, is a damaging effort aiming at interrupting the endeavors to develop Turkish-U.S. relations.
Turkey’s efforts to protect her vital interests in the region will resolutely continue without being affected from such unjust and tactless resolutions", the Turkish foreign ministry said in a statement.
On December 12, the U.S. Senate unanimously adopted S.Res.150, an Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA)-backed measure that locks in ongoing U.S. recognition of the Armenian Genocide.
The resolution, identical to a measure (H.Res.296) adopted 405 to 11 in the U.S. House in October, officially rejects Turkey’s denials of its genocide against Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians, Chaldeans, Syriacs, Arameans, Maronites, and other Christian nations. Passage of the resolution – spearheaded by Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) – marks the first time that the Senate has recognized the Armenian Genocide.
Armenia hailed the Senate passage of the bill, with PM Nikol Pashinyan tweeting : "US Senate Resolution 150 is a victory of justice and truth. On behalf of the Armenian people worldwide, I express our profound appreciation to the Senate for this landmark legislation".
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
US Not to Present Written Response to Russia’s Proposals During Friday Meeting: Blinken
Minsk Group Co-Chairs to Visit the Region, Armenian FM Says
Artsakh Ombudsman Urges Not to Give in to the Azerbaijani Manipulations
Tehran Hands Over to Moscow Draft Agreement on Strategic Cooperation for 20 Years: Raisi
Armenian FM Presents Details of Meeting with Cavusoglu
The Armenian Side Passed a Package of Proposals to the Russian and Azerbaijani Sides: Mirzoyan
There Is Blizzard in Some Regions
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Baku’s Anti-Armenian and Genocidal Policy Has a Clear Chronology: Gegham Stepanyan
We Will Continue to Actively and Persistently Defend the Interests of Artsakh: David Babayan
Establishment of a Public Council and Possible Changes to the Constitution. Arayik Harutyunyan Met with NGO Representatives
Flyone Armenia to Launch Yerevan-Istanbul Flights on February 2
15 Years Pass Since Hrant Dink Assassination
Iranian President Says His Visit to Moscow May Become Turning Point in Russia-Iran Ties
Armenia Records 348708 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenian Church Revamped in Iran
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Kamo Vardanyan Was Awarded the Military Rank of Lieutenant General
Azerbaijani Special Services Forced Artsakh Resident to Spy for Them, NSS Reveals
Armen Sarkissian and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Discussed Issues Related to the Promotion of Bilateral Cooperation
Hair Dryer was Invented in the 19th Century (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
The Prime Minister Awards the 10 Best Athletes of the Year
Turkey Announces One of Its Preconditions for Normalization of Relations with Armenia
Zakharova Speaks about First Meeting in Moscow of Armenia, Azerbaijan Elites after Karabakh War
Armenian Aviation Regulator Grants Permit to Flyone Armenia to Operate Yerevan-Istanbul Flights
The Process of Armenian-Turkish Normalisation Dangerous, Does Not Consider Armenia's Interests - Artur Vanetsyan
Armenia’s top 10 Athletes of the Year Announced
Artsakh Defense Army Denies Shooting at Employees of Azerbaijani Company
Whole World Will Benefit from Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Dmitry Polyanskiy
Artsakh Republic President Received Staff Members of Schools of Hadrout and Shoushi