Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has condemned the murder of Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Quds Force, an elite unite of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, as the US act of international terrorism, TASS reports.
"The US' act of international terrorism, targeting & assassinating General Soleimani … is extremely dangerous & a foolish escalation," Zarif wrote on his Twitter account, describing the commander as "the most effective force fighting" the Islamic State, Al Nusra and Al Qaeda terror groups (outlawed in Russia).
Zarif stressed that "the US bears responsibility for all consequences of its rogue adventurism."
Earlier, the Pentagon confirmed that a missile strike near the Baghdad airport killed the head of the Quds Force Qasem Soleimani. The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
- WSJ: Trump’s Popularity Ticks Up During Coronavirus Crisis Approval of Mr. Trump’s handling of the outbreak has risen by 8 percentage points in weekly Economist/YouGov surveys over the course of March, standing at 49% in a poll that ended Tuesday, with 44% disapproving.
- Trump Cancels G7 at Camp David over Coronavirus The G7 is made up of the United States, Italy, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Britain as well as the European Union.
- U.S. Suspending Visa Services Worldwide due to Coronavirus The State Department spokeswoman said U.S. missions abroad will continue to provide emergency visa services “as resources allow,” and that the services to U.S. citizens will remain available.
- Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority,...
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Cooperation in Returning Russians Home from Turkey: TASS
89-Year-Old Coronavirus-Infected Citizen Dies in Armenia
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the National Elections Held in the Republic
Trump Acknowledged Downplaying the Coronavirus Threat: The Business Insider
Saudi Arabia Asks Muslims to Delay Hajj Bookings: BBC
Armenia's Security Council Secretary Held a Telephone Conversation with CSTO Secretary-General Stanislav Zas
President of Artsakh Receives Delegation of Armenia’s Television and Radio Commission
Preliminary Results of the Artsakh General Elections Have Been Announced
Trump Says Ready to Help end Saudi-Russian Oil-Price War
Gazprom Armenia Plans to Increase Natural Gas Price for Consumers
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Armenia’s Assyrian Community on Assyrian New Year
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia President Signs Controversial Package of Laws
TASS: Eurovision to Hold Special Concert Instead of Contest Cancelled due to Pandemic
Chairman Pallone Calls for Immediate Suspension of Military Aid to Azerbaijan
President Sarkissian Proposed the German Side to Look Into the Possibility of Establishing in Armenia a Joint Venture on the Production of Artificial Lung Ventilation Devices
Armenia Records 571 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
CNN: Trump Warns of 'Painful Two Weeks' as Officials Predict up to 240,000 US Coronavirus Deaths
Venezuelan Officials Reject US Initiative on Transitional Government
72.7% of Eligible Citizens of Artsakh Participate in National Elections
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 4 km/h