Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq
Major crowds have gathered in the Iraqi capital Baghdad to denounce US military presence in the country after the US assassinated Lt. Gen. Qassem Suleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who was second-in-command of the Iraq’s PMU, in Baghdad earlier this month, al-Manar reports.
Iraq’s al-Ahd news network reported on Friday that Iraqis from “all of the country’s provinces” have gathered in the city.
The protesters were seen carrying banners and chanting slogans calling for the expulsion of US forces.
The rally comes after Influential Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called on Iraqis to stage “a million-strong, peaceful, unified demonstration to condemn the American presence and its violations” last week.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
President of Armenian Parliament Thanks President of French Senate for Resolution on Artsakh
The Bill on Abolishing the Martial Law in Armenia Not Adopted
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Two Programs to Support the People of Artsakh are Being Implemented; Another Program Will Be Adopted for the Citizens Left Homeless
Nikol Pashinyan: The Implementation of the Roadmap Published on November 18 is an Absolute Priority
Numerous Historical-cultural Monuments Destroyed, Damaged or Desecrated by Azeri Armed Forces
Armenia Failed in the Battlefield But Not in Diplomatic - Minister
Foreign Minister Ara Aivazian Received the Representatives of the High-Ranking Delegation of the Council of Europe
Cabinet Appoints New Governor of Kotayk
Armenia Records 130870 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Open Only for Trucks
Armenian FM Holds Phone Talks with Co-Chairs of OSCE Minsk Group
Resolution Adopted by the French Senate Is a Crucial Step Towards the Recognition of the Right to Self-Determination Exercised by the People of Artsakh: Armenia's MFA
Pashinyan Talks with Secretary General of the International Organization of La Francophonie Louise Mushikiwabo over the Phone
Recognition of Artsakh’s Independence by French Senate to Do No Good to Anyone: French Minister Says
Artsakh Foreign Ministry Express Deep Gratitude for Adoption of Resolution by French Senate on Recognizing Artsakh
French Senate Adopts Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence
Prime Minister: The Joint Statement Provides for the Return to Their Homes for People living in the Regions of Nagorno-Karabakh
Debates on Resolution on Necessity to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence Kicks Off at French Senate
Prime Minister Holds Another Meeting with Business Community Representatives
The Condition of Armenian hit by Turk National with Hammer in France is Grave (video)
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Peaceful Armenian Demonstration in France Attacked by Knife, Hammer-Wielding Turkish Nationals
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Wind: 5 km/h