Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq
Major crowds have gathered in the Iraqi capital Baghdad to denounce US military presence in the country after the US assassinated Lt. Gen. Qassem Suleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who was second-in-command of the Iraq’s PMU, in Baghdad earlier this month, al-Manar reports.
Iraq’s al-Ahd news network reported on Friday that Iraqis from “all of the country’s provinces” have gathered in the city.
The protesters were seen carrying banners and chanting slogans calling for the expulsion of US forces.
The rally comes after Influential Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called on Iraqis to stage “a million-strong, peaceful, unified demonstration to condemn the American presence and its violations” last week.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
- U.S. Military Resumes Joint Operations With Iraq In a speech to his cabinet, he suggested that Parliament’s decision might not be the final word, saying “If we reach the decision to get the forces out of Iraq, then this would be the decision of the...
- U.S. Looks at Cuts to Military Aid to Iraq The emails assert that no final decision has been made, but top administration officials have ordered a review of what funds may be held or reallocated in the event Iraq requires the U.S. troops be removed.
President Sarkissian Holds Meeting with Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian PM Reacts to Use of Force by Police Against Man for Not Wearing Face Mask
Greek Defence Minister: Turkey’s Behaviour is Aggressive But Our Powerful Armed Forces is a Deterrent
Armenian President Congratulates Queen Margrethe II of Denmark on National Day
Trump Proposes Increasing Police Funding
Armenia Records 11817 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Facebook Starts Labeling ‘State-Controlled Media’ Pages
33-year Old Patient Died of Coronavirus: Arsen Torosyan
Positive-Tested PM Pashinyan and Family Members Show no Coronavirus Symptoms
Government Expands Scope of 8th Anti-Crisis Program Beneficiaries
Zakharova: There are no Dramatic Changes in Karabakh Settlement, but Optimism Remains
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Davit Ananyan Announced About His Resignation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Appoints New Justice Minister
Aleksander Lukashenko Appointed The New Prime Minister Of Belarus
Hong Kong Passes China National Anthem Bill amid Protests
President of Artsakh Received the Mayor of Stepanakert
Libya's GNA Retakes Tripoli Airport from Haftar's Forces
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Polish Presidential Elections Postponed Indefinitely
Wind: 8 km/h