Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq
Major crowds have gathered in the Iraqi capital Baghdad to denounce US military presence in the country after the US assassinated Lt. Gen. Qassem Suleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, who was second-in-command of the Iraq’s PMU, in Baghdad earlier this month, al-Manar reports.
Iraq’s al-Ahd news network reported on Friday that Iraqis from “all of the country’s provinces” have gathered in the city.
The protesters were seen carrying banners and chanting slogans calling for the expulsion of US forces.
The rally comes after Influential Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called on Iraqis to stage “a million-strong, peaceful, unified demonstration to condemn the American presence and its violations” last week.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
- U.S. Military Resumes Joint Operations With Iraq In a speech to his cabinet, he suggested that Parliament’s decision might not be the final word, saying “If we reach the decision to get the forces out of Iraq, then this would be the decision of the...
- U.S. Looks at Cuts to Military Aid to Iraq The emails assert that no final decision has been made, but top administration officials have ordered a review of what funds may be held or reallocated in the event Iraq requires the U.S. troops be removed.
- More than 40 Iraqi Protesters Dead in 24 Hours in Bloody Crackdown Security sources told Al Jazeera at least 233 people were wounded in the crackdown on protests in Nasiriya.
The People of Karabakh Have the Right to Freely Determine Their Political Status without Limitations: Armenia's FM
Trump Offers to Mediate Between India And Pakistan
Mikhail Mishustin Appoints Trade Representative to Armenia
Armenian, Russian FMs Discussed Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Croatia Reports The First Case Of Coronavirus Infection
Nikol Pashinyan Is Planning An Official Visit to Moldova
Iranian Deputy Health Minister Says He Has Contracted Coronavirus
Armenian, Russian FMs Hold Meeting in Geneva
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak Dies
Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year
Karabakh Will Never Be Part of Azerbaijan: This Was the Supreme Goal of My Life and Will Follow Me Till the End - Serzh Sargsyan
Bako Sahakyan Receives ARF party Bureau Representative
We are Working on Possible Meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran, Peskov Says
Death Toll Rises as Violence Continues for Third Day in Delhi
Israel-Gaza Ceasefire Takes Hold after Two-Day Flare-up
Seventh Coronavirus Patient Dies in Italy as Authorities Urge Calm
Some Roads are Closed in the Area of the Republic
Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’
Colombia Congressional Committee to Investigate President After ex-Senator's Allegations
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 4 km/h