Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces
Three Katyusha rockets fell on the Camp Taji military base north of Baghdad on Monday night, damaging an Iraqi army helicopter, the Iraqi military said.
Iraq’s military announced on social media the rockets were launched from Saba’ al-Bour, a neighborhood southeast of the base, and fell on an area of the Camp Taji base used by Iraqi forces, al-Monitor reports.
Taji houses both Iraqi and international military personnel as part of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). The US-led coalition said none of its personnel were injured.
The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
- Thousands Rally against US Military Presence in Iraq The rally comes after Influential Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called on Iraqis to stage “a million-strong, peaceful, unified demonstration to condemn the American presence and its violations”...
Armen Sarkissian Plans to Meet with the Chief of the General Staff of the RA Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Foreign Ministry of Artsakh Sent a Memorandum to International Organizations on the Occasion of the Visit of the Azerbaijani President to the Occupied Territories of the Republic of Artsakh
Armenia’s NA Council Session Does not Take Place After Speaker Fails to Come and Open it – Edmon Marukyan
Armenia Records 171510 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed and Difficult to Pass in Armenia
UN Expresses Concern over Events in Armenia and Calls on Parties to Restrain
France Embassy in Armenia Issues Statement
Armenia MOD: Information does not Correspond to Reality
US has not Yet Decided Whether to Consider Events in Armenia a Coup Attempt
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Developments in Armenia
A Wider Alliance Should Be Formed to Oppose Erdogan's Aggressive Policy
US Embassy Urges to Resolve Political Situation in Armenia Through Dialogue
Power's Issue Will Be Decided in Parliament, Opposition Headquarters Will Be Located Here: Vazgen Manukyan
Russia Peacekeepers in Artsakh Help Resume Operation of Lachin Hydroelectric Power Plant
Armenia Army Demands Resignation of PM Pashinyan, Government
Aliyev’s ‘Fake’ Totally Disclosed Now – Karen Bekaryan (Tert.am)
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Member Bernard Kouchner Visits Armenia and Artsakh
Armenia Records 171227 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Sarkissian Considered Tackling the Issues of Returning Armenian POWs at the Meeting with Rustam Muradov
US Condemns Demolition of Armenian Church in Turkey
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 4 km/h