Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces
Three Katyusha rockets fell on the Camp Taji military base north of Baghdad on Monday night, damaging an Iraqi army helicopter, the Iraqi military said.
Iraq’s military announced on social media the rockets were launched from Saba’ al-Bour, a neighborhood southeast of the base, and fell on an area of the Camp Taji base used by Iraqi forces, al-Monitor reports.
Taji houses both Iraqi and international military personnel as part of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). The US-led coalition said none of its personnel were injured.
The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Emmanuel Macron Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
5 Political Forces at Karabakh Parliament: Polarizations are Observed Which are Accompanied by Labeling
Armen Sarkissian Hosted Nora Armani
Armen Sarkissian Met with Gagik Tsarukyan, Chairman of the Prosperous Armenia Party
Heads of Armed Forces’ Air Defense Forces and Engineering Troops Dismissed
Pope Francis Remembers his 2016 Visit to Armenia
Armenia President, Bright Armenia Party Leader Meet, Discuss Domestic Political Situation
Armenia Records 224635 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia Ombudsman: I Sent Video of Azerbaijan President-Turkey's First Lady Talk to EU Administration
Russia, Together with Other MG Co-Chairs, Helps the Parties to the Karabakh Conflict to Build Confidence: Lavrov
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Implementation of November 9, January 11 Statements
Government Extends Temporary Ban on Imports of Turkish-Made Goods for 6 Months
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Acting PM Signs Decision to Send Delegation to Moscow
Spanish Journalists Working near Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Threatened by Azerbaijani Forces
Five New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Armenia Records 224533 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
United States Calls on Azerbaijan and Armenia to Relocate Forces to the Positions They Held on May 11
Elections in Armenia: To Be or Not to Be?
With His Visit Philip Reeker Tried to Understand the Role and Significance of the Region in the US Global Agenda
Ebrahim Raisi Leads Iran Presidential Election with 17.8m Votes
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Regarding the Inadmissibility of the False Charges Against Armenian POWs and Captured Civilians
Armenia Reports 81 Daily Coronavirus Cases
German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Visit White House on July 15
The ''Decapitated" Foreign Ministry and the Growing Challenges of Armenia's Foreign Policy
Armen Sarkissian Holds Phone Conversation with NSS, Police Chiefs Ahead of Snap Elections
Moscow Calls on Yerevan and Baku to Resolve All Emerging Problems Peacefully