Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces
Three Katyusha rockets fell on the Camp Taji military base north of Baghdad on Monday night, damaging an Iraqi army helicopter, the Iraqi military said.
Iraq’s military announced on social media the rockets were launched from Saba’ al-Bour, a neighborhood southeast of the base, and fell on an area of the Camp Taji base used by Iraqi forces, al-Monitor reports.
Taji houses both Iraqi and international military personnel as part of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). The US-led coalition said none of its personnel were injured.
The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
- Iraq Closes Southern Border with Iran to Travelers The security source said Tehran had demanded the closure because of ongoing public protests in both Iran and Iraq.
- Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack Officials have acknowledged that it can take time for the concussion-like symptoms to present themselves.
Armenia Records 174257 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Marcos Pizzelli Appointed FFA ambassador in South America
Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with U.S. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken
Serzh Sargsyan Paid Tribute in Memory of Vazgen Sargsyan in Yerablur
The Vatican Emphasizes Russia’s Role in Karabakh Conflict Settlement Process
Iran’s IRGC Foils Hijack Attempt on Ahvaz-Mashhad Flight
On Behalf of the President of the Republic, Flowers were Laid on Vazgen Sargsyan's Grave and at the Monument Perpetuating His Memory
Armenia’s Ombudsman Voices Need of Creating Demilitarized Security Zone in Syunik
Pope Francis Begins His Historic Visit to Iraq
Israel will Defend Itself if world Fails to Stall Iran’s Nuclear Plans: Benny Gantz
Economic Freedom in Armenia Has Hovered Between Moderately Free and Mostly Free for Many Years- Heritage
Ara Saghatelyan Released from Custody
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Turkey Excluded from EAEU Tariff Preferences System
Azerbaijan Distorts the Provisions of the UN Security Council Resolutions- Armenian MFA
Four New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Bodies of Two Killed Armenian Servicemen Handed over from Martakert Assembly Point
Armenia Opposition Movement to Hold Rally on Saturday
Armenia Records 173749 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
A Wider Alliance Should Be Formed to Oppose Erdogan's Aggressive Policy
Armenia National Flag is Blessed in Iraq’s Erbil (PHOTOS)
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Search Operations for War Casualties in Areas Beyond Artsakh’s Control Suspended Indefinitely
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 4 km/h