Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces
Three Katyusha rockets fell on the Camp Taji military base north of Baghdad on Monday night, damaging an Iraqi army helicopter, the Iraqi military said.
Iraq’s military announced on social media the rockets were launched from Saba’ al-Bour, a neighborhood southeast of the base, and fell on an area of the Camp Taji base used by Iraqi forces, al-Monitor reports.
Taji houses both Iraqi and international military personnel as part of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). The US-led coalition said none of its personnel were injured.
The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Iran Wants to Strengthen Defense Cooperation With Iraq The Iraqi side, for his part, noted that “we need to strengthen joint cooperation between all regional countries to fight terrorism.”
- Delegation of Iraqi Union of National Minorities’ Organizations in Parliament The Iraqi parliamentarians thanked the RA National Assembly for recognizing the genocide committed against the Yazidi people by the terrorist groupings on the territory of Iraq in 2014.
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
Pope Francis vows to visit both Kiev and Moscow, if he travels
Two soldiers wounded as Azerbaijan violates ceasefire: Artsakh MoD
Azerbaijan hands over bodies of 13 soldiers to Armenia
Arayik Harutyunyan convened a working consultation
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian Defense Minister chairs consultation
Prime Minister Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to the Prime Minister of Albania
Strong political will needed by Azerbaijan and Armenia to achieve comprehensive settlement: EU
All participants are seeking to achieve peace in the region, the signing of a peace treaty, legal registration of existing borders, unblocking of transport connections: Zas
Ilham Aliyev received U.S. State Department's Senior Advisor for Caucasus Negotiations
Russia, U.S. have ways to manage nuclear risks - RIA cites U.S. diplomat
Armenian President congratulates Albanian counterpart on Independence Day
UK military aid to Ukraine may increase in 2023
Artsakh forces deny shoiting at Azerbaijani positions
Azerbaijani troops open fire at Armenian positions
There are difficult to pass and closed roadways in Armenia
PM Pashinyan, together with his wife, attends the charity concert in support of the soldiers being treated at the Soldier's Home
Stanislav Zas: CSTO proposed several measures to help Armenia
The Ministry of Defence of Azerbaijan has spread disinformation
Attempts to disintegrate CSTO will continue, Kremlin spokesman warns
The Prime Minister leaves for Tunisia on a working visit
Azerbaijan's attempts to abolish the status of Artsakh as a party to the conflict is unacceptable: Artsakh MFA
Putin to attend CSTO summit in Armenia next week, Kremlin confirms
Putin and Erdogan discuss details of creating a gas hub in Turkey: Kremlin
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry spreads another misinformation: MoD Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan and Charles Michel meet in Djerba
Russia bars entry to 200 US citizens: Russian Foreign Ministry
Armenian Security Council Secretary and Indian PM's Advisor discuss security cooperation
Azerbaijan carries out tactical maneuvers
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Wind: 0 km/h