Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces
Three Katyusha rockets fell on the Camp Taji military base north of Baghdad on Monday night, damaging an Iraqi army helicopter, the Iraqi military said.
Iraq’s military announced on social media the rockets were launched from Saba’ al-Bour, a neighborhood southeast of the base, and fell on an area of the Camp Taji base used by Iraqi forces, al-Monitor reports.
Taji houses both Iraqi and international military personnel as part of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS). The US-led coalition said none of its personnel were injured.
The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Iran Wants to Strengthen Defense Cooperation With Iraq The Iraqi side, for his part, noted that “we need to strengthen joint cooperation between all regional countries to fight terrorism.”
- Delegation of Iraqi Union of National Minorities’ Organizations in Parliament The Iraqi parliamentarians thanked the RA National Assembly for recognizing the genocide committed against the Yazidi people by the terrorist groupings on the territory of Iraq in 2014.
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
Without Artsakh there is no Armenia, without Armenia it is obvious what fate our Diaspora will have: David Babayan
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Situation Relatively Stable as of 10:30am
Feast of the Holy Cross of Varague
We Continue to Urge the Parties to Engage in Peace Process - Blinken
David Babayan Met with Senior Staff Members of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
MoD: One of Divisions of Azerbaijani Armed Forces Went on a Provocation
Armenian, Georgian Prime Ministers meet in New York
In a Meeting with Charles Michel, Nikol Pashinyan Emphasizes the Need for Addressed Assessments Over Azerbaijani Aggression
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Kremlin Spokesman Denies Reports of Plans to Call Up 1.2 Mln Russians
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
President Harutyunyan Received Members of the "Free Homeland-UCA" Parliamentary Faction
After Azeri Attacks on Armenia, US Embassy Issues Travel Warning to its Employees to Several Locations
No Changes in Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Deputy FM, CSTO Chief Discuss Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
The Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Jordan
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Turkey Happy That Armenian Side Handed Over Lachin, Surrounding Settlements To Azerbaijan: MFA
Ararat Mirzoyan Received the Delegation of the Deputies of the National Assembly of Artsakh
Nobody canceled OSCE Minsk Group co-chairmanship mandate: Armenia MFA spokesman: RFE/RL
State Department Responds to Turkey's Claims: Greek Islands Sovereignty is not Disputed
Why Do We Need Such a World if There is no Artsakh There: David Babayan
Wind: 3.6 km/h