Delegation of Iraqi Union of National Minorities’ Organizations in Parliament
On August 4, the Head of the RA NA Armenia-Iraq Friendship Group Rustam Bakoyan met with the delegation of the Iraqi Union of the National Minorities’ Organizations, where the deputies of the national minorities of the Iraqi Parliament were. The RA NA deputy Knyaz Hasanov, the Consul General of the Republic of Armenia in Erbil Arshak Manukyan took part in the meeting.
Welcoming the guests in parliament, Rustam Bakoyan was interested in the national minorities living in Iraq, the problems and the challenges concerning them.
The RA NA deputy Knyaz Hasanov condemned the artillery bombing in Zakho resort of Kurdistan, as a consequence of which civilians suffered.
The Iraqi parliamentarians thanked the RA National Assembly for recognizing the genocide committed against the Yazidi people by the terrorist groupings on the territory of Iraq in 2014. They also expressed satisfaction to the parliamentarians for the support in the international organizations.
The guests presented in detail the structure of their parliament, touched upon the representation of the ethnic minorities.
The sides expressed readiness to further strengthen the ties between the two countries. In this context an agreement was reached for activating the parliamentary mutual visits.
At the meeting a reference was made to the national minorities of Armenia. It has been noted that they are protected here. In the near future a law on protection of the national minorities’ will also be passed.
- Iran Wants to Strengthen Defense Cooperation With Iraq The Iraqi side, for his part, noted that “we need to strengthen joint cooperation between all regional countries to fight terrorism.”
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 1.03 km/h