Delegation of Iraqi Union of National Minorities’ Organizations in Parliament
On August 4, the Head of the RA NA Armenia-Iraq Friendship Group Rustam Bakoyan met with the delegation of the Iraqi Union of the National Minorities’ Organizations, where the deputies of the national minorities of the Iraqi Parliament were. The RA NA deputy Knyaz Hasanov, the Consul General of the Republic of Armenia in Erbil Arshak Manukyan took part in the meeting.
Welcoming the guests in parliament, Rustam Bakoyan was interested in the national minorities living in Iraq, the problems and the challenges concerning them.
The RA NA deputy Knyaz Hasanov condemned the artillery bombing in Zakho resort of Kurdistan, as a consequence of which civilians suffered.
The Iraqi parliamentarians thanked the RA National Assembly for recognizing the genocide committed against the Yazidi people by the terrorist groupings on the territory of Iraq in 2014. They also expressed satisfaction to the parliamentarians for the support in the international organizations.
The guests presented in detail the structure of their parliament, touched upon the representation of the ethnic minorities.
The sides expressed readiness to further strengthen the ties between the two countries. In this context an agreement was reached for activating the parliamentary mutual visits.
At the meeting a reference was made to the national minorities of Armenia. It has been noted that they are protected here. In the near future a law on protection of the national minorities’ will also be passed.
- Iran Wants to Strengthen Defense Cooperation With Iraq The Iraqi side, for his part, noted that “we need to strengthen joint cooperation between all regional countries to fight terrorism.”
- Rockets Hit Iraq's Ain al-Asad Air Base Hosting US Troops The attack caused no significant losses, Iraqi’s military said without going into further detail.
- Trump to Announce Further Reduction in US Troops in Iraq A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters news agency in August that the country expected to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq by about a third in the coming months.
- Rockets Target Iraqi Military Base Housing US Forces The rocket strike is the latest in a long-running series of low-level attacks believed to be carried out by Iran-sponsored militias in Iraq.
- Iraq Arrests ISIS Leader Abdulnasser al-Qirdash Said to Be al-Baghdadi’s Successor The latest raid that led to the capture and arrest of al-Qirdash comes a month after Mustafa al-Kadhimi, Iraq’s former intelligence chief, became the country’s prime minister.
Pashinyan to pay a working visit to Prague
Azerbaijan fired at Armenian positions from mortars and large-caliber firearms
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
There is an opinion on creating Nagorno Karabakh-Azerbaijan international dialogue mechanism: Armenian FM
Artsakh says ready for direct talks with Azerbaijan, calls for comprehensive settlement involving all parties
Pashinyan to hold meeting with Erdogan, quadrilateral meeting with Aliyev in Prague
Possible wars are prevented or won thanks to the teachers’ deep circumspection and the ability of educating generations ready for challenges of life: Alen Simonyan
Trade and economic cooperation with Armenia demonstrates rapid growth: Russian FM Sergey Lavrov
CSTO Secretary General reported Armenian PM on Organization’s proposals: Russian Ambassador
What matters more for EU, Azeri gas or Armenian blood? –MEP Jordan Bardella lambasts Borrell for 'ideological blindness'
Armenia agreed to EU’s offer on deploying border monitoring mission, but Azerbaijan refused: Josep Borrell
Today, more than ever, we need to be strong in mind, knowledge and education: Vahagn Khachaturyan
FLYONE ARMENIA to start operating flights on the route Yerevan-Yekaterinburg–Yerevan
Armenian FM, USAID Administrator discuss the prospects of expansion of programs in Armenia
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border remains unchanged
Blinken expressed appreciation for the positive steps Armenia and Azerbaijan are taking towards reaching a sustainable peace agreement
Armenia delivered the Joint Statement on digital technologies and hate speech
7-8 point earthquake recorded in Iran: the earthquake was felt in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia, the U.S. State Secretary and the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan
Ukrainian President Zelensky invokes decree on impossibility of holding talks with Putin
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
Developments around Ukraine played significant role in Azerbaijan deciding to attack Armenia in September: Pashinyan
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Wind: 3.09 km/h