Trump Discusses Syria, Libya with Turkey's Erdogan
U.S. President Donald Trump discussed developments in Syria and Libya in a phone call with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Monday, a White House spokesman said on Twitter, Reuters reports.
"The two leaders discussed the need to eliminate foreign interference and maintain the ceasefire in Libya. The leaders agreed that the violence being carried out in Idlib, Syria must stop," White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a tweet.
A renewed drive by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to recapture rebel-held Idlib province in Syria’s northwest sparked a fresh exodus of many thousands of civilians toward Turkey’s border on Monday amid heavy air strikes, aid workers and witnesses said.
In Libya, military commander Khalifa Haftar moved forces on Sunday toward the city of Misrata, which is allied to the country’s internationally recognized government, officials and residents said.
The increase in fighting came a week after Turkey, which backs the government in Tripoli, and the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Russia, which back Haftar, agreed with Western powers at a summit in Berlin to push for a lasting ceasefire and uphold an arms embargo.
- EU to Give Turkey More Time to Avoid Tax Blacklisting The tax haven debate adds to a number of issues in which the EU faces the choice between enforcing its own rules and jeopardizing an agreement under which Turkey helped stem the flow of migrants to Europe...
- At Least Three Dead as Turkish Jet Skids off Runway in Istanbul The majority of people on board were Turkish, but local media quoted the airline's records as saying there were 22 foreign passengers from 12 other countries. A small number of children are believed to...
- Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV Earlier, Al Mayadeen TV channel reported that the Syrian forces had surrounded a Turkish observation point in Maar Hattat, a Syrian village in the Idlib governorate. On December 23, another Turkish post...
- Turkey Earthquake: At Least 19 Dead, More than 600 Injured Tremors were also felt in neighbouring Syria, Lebanon and Iran.
- Erdogan Calls on Putin to Facilitate Ceasefire in Idlib "Our president cited statistics to explain how serious the situation was [in Idlib]. He told Putin frankly that ceasefire violations must come to an end. We also made the same appeal to the international...
Macron Announced Measures to End the Nomination by Turkey, Algeria, Morocco of 300 Imams a Year for France
Armenia's Delegation Led by Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Danish Parliamentarians
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Erdogan: Military Operation into Idlib to be Launched at Any Time
Armenia's FM Received Syrian Ambassador and Expressed Deep Appreciation for Recognition of Armenian Genocide
Head of Department for Working with Personnel of Armed Forces Dismissed
President of Artsakh Convened a Working Consultation in the Martouni Regional Center
Chief of Military Police Dismissed
Armenia's PM Submits to President Proposal to Dismiss Two Army Officials
Recoveries From Coronavirus Outnumber Infections In Past 24 Hours For First Time
Ararat Mirzoyan Expressed Hope That Denmark Would Support The Launch Of EU-Armenia Gialogue On Visa-Liberalization
Armen Sarkissian Received Ambassador Of China To Armenia
First Group Of Passangers Left The Diamond Princess
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ReceiveD Armenian Speaker of Parliament
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
PM Pashinyan Receives EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the Crisis in Georgia
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Initiative to Commemorate Armenian Genocide Victims Memory Registered in Ukrainian Parliament
Trump: Cases Stemming from Mueller Probe Should Be 'Thrown Out'
Andrzej Kasprzyk Takes Actions Stemming from His Mandate: OSCE (Tert.am)
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 2 km/h