At Least Three Dead as Turkish Jet Skids off Runway in Istanbul
At least three people have been killed, 179 other were injured after a passenger plane landing at an airport in Istanbul has skidded off the runway and broken into three parts, reports BBC.
The Pegasus Airlines jet was carrying 171 passengers and six crew members from Izmir province in the west when it crashed at Sabiha Gokcen airport.
The Boeing 737 was trying to land in heavy tailwinds and rain.
The airport was closed and flights diverted after the accident.
The majority of people on board were Turkish, but local media quoted the airline's records as saying there were 22 foreign passengers from 12 other countries. A small number of children are believed to have been on board.
According to the preliminary reports, the plane couldn't hold on the runway due to poor weather conditions.
- Artsakh MFA: the Statement of the MFA of Turkey Another Example of Ankara’s Biased Position Turkey’s opinion on this issue fully coincides with the viewpoint of Azerbaijan. By unconditionally supporting Azerbaijan and making statements that undermine efforts of the international mediators,...
- Erdoğan in Talks with European Leaders Over Refugee Cash for Turkey In a phone call on Tuesday between the French president, Emmanuel Macron, the British prime minister, Boris Johnson, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and Erdoğan, the leaders discussed the possibility...
- US Asks Turkey to Guarantee S-400 Systems Won't Come into Operation — Erdogan The Turkish president said on March 6, however, that Turkey would start deploying S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems in April.
- EU "Strongly Rejects" Turkey’s "Use" of Migrants at Border "The EU and its member states remain determined to effectively protect EU’s external borders," the ministers wrote in the statement.
- Erdogan Expects Ceasefire to be Declared in Idlib Following Moscow Talks Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov was hopeful earlier on Wednesday that talks between Presidents Vladimir Putin of Russia and Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, scheduled for March 5, would make it possible...
IMF to Disburse $280 Million to Armenia after the Board Meeting in Mid-May
OPEC+ To Continue Negotiations for Reaching Consensus with Mexico
72-Year-Old Man Dies from Coronavirus in Armenia
Armenia PM: National Currency is Strengthening its Stability
Roads in Armenia are mainly passable
Armenia Records 937 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
The New York Times: Boris Johnson Leaves Intensive Care
Government Approves AMD 8.5 Billion for Application Submitted by Economic Entities - Discussions on Anti-Crisis Measures Continue
US Ready for Arms Control Talks with Russia, China if They Meet Its Criteria
Artsakh Information Headquarters: Four Artsakh Police Officers Are Self-Isolated
Alexander Leonovich Kemurdzhian, Designer of the First Planet Rover
Trump Says He Had Good Call with Russia's Putin, Saudi King on Oil
Armenia's Coronavirus Spread Doubling Rate Comes Near to 10 Days: Minister
Two More Coronavirus Cases Registered in Artsakh
Armenian National Team is 102th in FIFA/Coca Cola World Rankings
Up to 150 Members of the Saudi Royal Family Infected With Coronavirus
Armenia: Government Approves 10th Activity to Support Micro-Businesses as Part of Ots Effort to Offset the Impact of COVID-19
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held a Phone Conversation with the Foreign Minister of of Lithuania
Artsakh Defense Army Commander Chairs Military Council Session
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Turkish President Expressed Readiness to Provide Armenia with the Provision of Medicine
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Artsakh President Chaired an Enlarged Meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission Coordinating the Prevention of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
Wind: 7 km/h