UNSC Adopts Resolution on Libya without Consensus
Russia did not support the UN Security Council resolution on Libya because Libyans themselves were not ready to implement its provisions, Russia’s envoy to the UN, Vasily Nebenzya said on Wednesday, TASS reports.
Russia was the only country that abstained during the vote, but stopped short of vetoing the document. The remaining 14 UN Security Council members voted in support of it.
According to Nebenzya, Russia did not support the resolution, because, at present, "there is no clear understanding that all the parties [to the Libyan conflict] are ready to implement this decision."
"We doubt that ultimatums of this kind can spur Libyans to start negotiating as soon as possible," he continued. "We do want UN Security Council resolutions to be implemented. We want this document to be viable. However, we are not sure of this, judging by the text that we had received. That’s why we were unable to support it, and, if this resolution is not implemented, we will remind you of what we had said today."
- UN Ends Peacekeeping Nission in Haiti as Protests Continue Haiti's current uprising grew in late August, with President Jovenel Moise reported to have siphoned off petrol funds during a national fuel shortage as the inflation rate reached over 17%.
- UN Urges ‘Maximum Restraint’ after Israel-Lebanon Border Flare Up On September 1 the Hizbullah movement destroyed an Israeli armored vehicle in the border area, Israel in retaliation attacked with more than 40 missiles the towns of Marun al Ras, Aitarun and Yarun, located...
- UN Chief Urges India, Pakistan to Exercise "Maximum Restraint" over Kashmir The UN secretary-general also appealed for "maximum restraint" and urged India and Pakistan "to refrain from taking steps that could affect" the region's status.
- Guterres Appoints Movses Abelian of Armenia Under-Secretary-General for General Assembly Mr. Abelian is currently Assistant Secretary-General for General Assembly and Conference Management. Prior to assuming this position in 2016, he was Director of the Security Council Affairs Division in...
- Britain Requests Urgent UN Security Council Meeting on Libya Britain requested the urgent meeting on Thursday, diplomats said, following the order from Khalifa Haftar, a key player opposed to the government in the capital.
The Sumgait Pogroms Marked the Beginning of the Karabakh Conflict: Armenia's MFA Statement
Stanislav Zas Affirms CSTO Position: There's no Alternative to Peaceful Settlement of Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Convened a Working Consultation to Discuss Activities Aimed at Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus in the Republic
France's Macron Says Coronavirus 'Epidemic Is on the Way'
Saudi Arabia Temporarily Bars Entry for Pilgrims as Coronavirus Fears Escalate
Maduro Asks Trump to Leave Venezuela Alone
Armenia's MFA Urges Country’s Citizens not to Visit 5 Countries Due to New Coronavirus Outbreak
Russia Interested in Pro-Russian Forces to Have Weighty Role in Armenia’s Domestic Political Life: Kopirkin
Denmark Confirms First Coronavirus Case in Man Returning From Holiday in Italy
Armenia Women's National Team will Have a Training Camp
"Law enforcement must meet our people’s legitimate expectations" - PM holds consultation on corruption
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Flow of Armenian Citizens Returns from Iran by Special Flight
Euro Zone Governments Should Use Budget Measures to Support Growth: Lagarde
Facebook to Ban Misleading Ads About Coronavirus
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Artsakh Republic Defense Ministry
Georgian Defense Minister Will Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Armenian Ambassador to Iran Urges not to Spread Panic Over Coronavirus Outbreak
Armenian, Cuban FMs Met in Geneva
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Wind: 5 km/h