US Asks Turkey to Guarantee S-400 Systems Won't Come into Operation — Erdogan
The United States has requested Turkey to guarantee that the S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems purchased from Russia will not come into operation, Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Turkish journalists aboard his airliner upon flight from Belgium to Turkey, TASS reports.
"As you know, we have made a proposal to the United States on the issue of Patriot air defense systems: if you are going to give us Patriot launchers, let us buy them. But as for the S-400s, they have also quite softened their stance. Now they are requesting us to promise that we will not put S-400s into operation," the Turkish president said.
The Turkish president said on March 6, however, that Turkey would start deploying S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems in April.
- Erdogan Calls Armenian Lobby ''Evil Power'', against which Turkey Will Continue Its Fight On Monday Erdogan announced a new four-day curfew effective Saturday in a televised speech following a cabinet meeting.
- Man Who Tries to Set Fire to Armenian Church in Istanbul says Armenians "Brought" COVID-19 Representatives of the Armenian patriarchy reported the incident, after which police and the provincial administration made statements.
- Gowns Ordered from Turkey Fail to Meet British Safety Standards The prime minister's spokesperson said the NHS was speaking to the supplier about getting replacement gowns.
- Erdogan Sends Letter to Trump Erdogan's letter arrived Tuesday along with medical equipment that Turkey sent to the US to help contain the outbreak of COVID-19. The administration of the Turkish president published a letter on Wednesday.
- Erdogan Rejects Minister's Resignation over Coronavirus Curfew: Al-Jazeera Turkey announced the weekend lockdown late on Friday, but in the brief time before it went into effect, many people rushed out to buy food and drink in the country's commercial hub Istanbul, a city of...
Cyprus Pledges to Cover Costs for Virus-Hit Tourists
Queen Allows Boris Johnson to Exercise in Buckingham Palace Grounds
Trump Threatens to Close down Social Media Platforms after Twitter Posts Warning under His Tweet
Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Public Transport Reopening in Georgia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
California Governor Denies Sassounian Parole
Trump Wants Full Afghanistan Pullout
Thousands of Citizens May be Infected but do not Know About it: PM on Necessity to Wear Masks
Samvel Avanesyan Appointed Minister of Labor, Social Affairs and Housing of Artsakh
Armenia Records 7774 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Parliament Ratifies EEU Customs Privileges Extension
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
The Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the ECHR Ruling on ''Makuchyan and Minasyan vs Azerbaijan and Hungary'' Case
Armenia's President Sent a Congratulatory Message to Salome Zurabishvili
Armenia’s PM: We Are Dealing with Second Wave of Coronavirus
PM Calls for Tougher Sanctions Against Those Who Neglect the Preventive Rules
Artsakh President Has Appointed a Number of Ministers
Lavrov: Armenia, Russia Have Very Close Military Cooperation
President of Artsakh Signed Several Decrees
President of Artsakh Convoked a Consultation on the Upcoming Harvest Activities
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Scarecrow Society: Kim Kardashian Responded to Turkish User's Comment on Armenian Genocide
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
How Can the Armenian Genocide Be Forgotten? Russian TV Journalist to Ukrainian Politician
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Wind: 4 km/h