Erdogan Sends Letter to Trump
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sent a letter to his American counterpart Donald Trump, in which he expressed hope that the US Congress would better understand the strategic importance of their relationship, given solidarity during the coronavirus pandemic, Reuters reported.
Erdogan's letter arrived Tuesday along with medical equipment that Turkey sent to the US to help contain the outbreak of COVID-19. The administration of the Turkish president published a letter on Wednesday.
The US Congress threatened to impose sanctions on Turkey in connection with the purchase of S-400 air defense systems from Russia, but because of the pandemic, Ankara postponed its commissioning.
"I hope that in the upcoming period, with the spirit of solidarity we have displayed during the pandemic, Congress and the U.S. media will better understand the strategic importance of our relations," the Turkish president said in the letter.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Facebook Changes Its Name to Meta in Major Rebrand
Trilateral Working Group Most Optimal Format for Unblocking Communications: Zakharova
PM Pashinyan receives Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the RF Armed Forces
Armenia MOD: 4 Soldiers Wounded
The Government Will Provide Another Financial Assistance of 13 Billion 575 Million AMD to the Republic of Artsakh
Ambassador on China Participation in Armenia’s North-South project: There are Issues that Will be Resolved
EU to Recognize Armenia’s COVID-19 Certificates
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Discusses with Russia Possibilities of Normalizing Relations with Turkey
President Sarkissian Met with Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces
Armenia Records 302450 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Unblocking of Rail Communication on the Agenda, no Talk of Roads to Be Used: Armenian Deputy PM
Russia Is Probing into Reports Kiev Used Turkish Drone in Donbass: Lavrov
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh David Babayan Visited the AGBU Office
Pashinyan Highlights Russia's Involvement in Demarcation and Delimitation of Armenian- Azerbaijani Border
The opening ceremony of the Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See in Armenia took place
President Armen Sarkissian has arrived in Abu Dhabi
Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting for November 9 Not Planned at This Moment: Armenia's FM
If Armenia "Solves Problems with Baku", There Will Be No Other Obstacle for Normalization of Relations: Erdogan
Substitute for General Affairs of Holy See’s Secretariat of State Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial
BBC Music Magazine Explores Enduring Influence of Komitas
Singer Hayko Dies from Covid-19
No Meeting Between Armenian PM, Azerbaijani President Planned for Now – MFA Spokesperson
48 Armenian Settlements of Hadrut Region Ethnically ''Cleansed'' of Armenian Presence by Azerbaijanis: Artsakh Ombudsman
Armenia Ombudsman: During War Azerbaijanis Incurred in Border Area Near Tsav Village of Syunik Province
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in My Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Iran Army and IRGC Started to Stage a Joint Specialized Air Defense Exercise
Pashinyan Congratulates Spanish Counterpart on National Day
Arayik Harutyunyan Signed a Number of Laws
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia