Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
On November 19, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian sent a letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay regarding the facts of desecration and acts of vandalism committed by the Azerbaijani side against Armenian historical, religious and cultural monuments.
The letter states that as a result of the military aggression launched by Azerbaijan on September 27 against the Republic of Artsakh with the support of Turkey significant part of the territory of Artsakh, where numerous cultural monuments of Armenian heritage are located, fell under the military occupation of Azerbaijan.
The Foreign Minister drew attention to the fact that “videos and photos are distributed on the Internet that show inscriptions in Azerbaijani on the walls of the Church of the Holy Savior in the city of Shushi, individual sculptures that make up the composite part of the Church are destroyed, and artifacts located directly in the Church are damaged. During the period of active military operations, the Azerbaijani armed forces twice deliberately attacked the Church from an unmanned aerial vehicle. The attack caused serious damage to the Church. During the second strike, journalists who were in the Church to document the consequences of the first strike were injured”.
The letter underlines that systematic denial of the existence of the Armenian historical and cultural heritage and its destruction have long been the norm in Azerbaijan and are part of the state policy of inculcating hatred and xenophobia towards Armenians. In connection with the threat of destruction of cultural monuments of Armenian heritage located in the Republic of Artsakh and under the control of Azerbaijan, Minister Mayilian stressed the necessity of taking effective measures on behalf of UNESCO to ensure the protection of Armenian historical, cultural and religious monuments and to guarantee that Azerbaijan fulfills its obligations to preserve the cultural heritage of other peoples.
- No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact A stable operational situation with no incidents has been maintained along the Armenian-Azerbaijani line of contact of the Armenian state border overnight January 24-25, the Defense Ministry of Armenia...
- More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh So far, a total of 1283 bodies have been found in the battle zones as a result of the search operations. 15 of them are civilians who either have been murdered or killed in shelling.
- Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan The main issue here is that the same words are used in the mentioned publications as the Azerbaijani authorities and cultural figures. Moreover, both Azerbaijani and Turkish sources are in these publications.
- Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable The bodies are unrecognizable. Forensic medicine expert examination has been designated to identify them.
- Artsakh's Foreign Ministry Welcomes European Parliament's Position on NK Conflict We welcome the European Parliament's support for the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmen for a comprehensive settlement of the conflict founded on the Basic Principles proposed by the international...
Armenian Embassy in Georgia Released A Statement On Accident With Armenian Trucks
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Hosted In His House Ambassador of Russia
No Incidents Has Been Maintained Along The Armenian-Azerbaijani Line Of Contact
The Ombudsman Of Armenia Released A Guide For Persons Displaced From Nagorno-Karabakh
The Issue of Repatriation of Armenian POWs Not Included in Agenda of PACE Session
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Biden Speaks with Macron, Agrees to Coordinate on Iran Nuclear Deal
Four Players and President of Brazilian Club Palmas Killed in Plane Crash
Trump Adviser Claims Former President has no Plans for Third Political Party
Israel Decides to Ban Passenger Flights to Curb COVID-19 Spread
Armenia Records 166094 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
More Bodies Found in Battle Zones as Search Operations Continue, Says Artsakh
Armenia Ombudsman Presents Additional Evidence of Armenophobia in Azerbaijan
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Bodies of 30 Armenian Servicemen Returned by Azerbaijani Side Unrecognizable
Armenia Records 166036 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Eve of the Fast of Catechumens
Joe Biden Is Secretly Kurdish and Emigrated to the United States from Yerevan: Turkish Former Deputy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Biden Names Ike Hajinazarian as White House Regional Communications Director
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 4 km/h
Wind: 4 km/h