Biden Administration to Have Another American Armenian Official
American Armenian Jeff Marootian has joined the President-elect Joe Biden administration as Special Assistant to the President for Climate and Science Agency Personnel, according to The Armenian Report, News.am informs.
Marootian left his post as director of the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) to join the climate team in the Biden/Harris administration.
He will work under the executive Office of Presidential Personnel, which regulates and vets all potential staff members working under the President’s administration.
That means that Marootian may very likely advise the President, or at least participate in discussions with him, about the staff in the Office of Domestic Climate Policy and other environmental or science-related staffers in the executive branch. That would include those at the Department of the Interior, Department of Energy, and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) who will comprise what is already being called the most robust, climate-focused staff ever assembled under a President’s administration.
Marootian used to be the Director of LGBTQ Outreach for the Democratic National Committee (DNC), assisting in the party’s successful campaign to re-elect Barack Obama and Joe Biden as then-President and Vice President in 2012.
- Biden Sued by 12 States over Climate Executive Order It alleges that Biden’s Executive Order 13990, titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” does not have the authority to issue binding...
- Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration The inauguration will take place on January 20 and will be attended by the foreign ambassadors accredited in the US.
- More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI The Justice Department also announced on Thursday evening that the FBI had received more than 140,000 tips identifying rioters and had opened about 200 subject case files. The department has also launched...
- Congress Calls on US Intelligence to Submit Report on Azerbaijan Aggression Against Artsakh The Congressional request for the Artsakh report is included in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY2021) foreign aid bill (H.R.133), adopted by the House in parallel to the COVID-19 stimulus package earlier Monday.
- Karabakh Conflict Must be Settled Within Framework of OSCE Minsk Group, Says Pompeo The United States, along with France and Russia, are co-chairs of the Minsk Group whose main goal is to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and is within this framework that the situation must be resolved,...
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Emmanuel Macron Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
5 Political Forces at Karabakh Parliament: Polarizations are Observed Which are Accompanied by Labeling
Armen Sarkissian Hosted Nora Armani
Armen Sarkissian Met with Gagik Tsarukyan, Chairman of the Prosperous Armenia Party
Heads of Armed Forces’ Air Defense Forces and Engineering Troops Dismissed
Pope Francis Remembers his 2016 Visit to Armenia
Armenia President, Bright Armenia Party Leader Meet, Discuss Domestic Political Situation
Armenia Records 224635 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia Ombudsman: I Sent Video of Azerbaijan President-Turkey's First Lady Talk to EU Administration
Russia, Together with Other MG Co-Chairs, Helps the Parties to the Karabakh Conflict to Build Confidence: Lavrov
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Implementation of November 9, January 11 Statements
Government Extends Temporary Ban on Imports of Turkish-Made Goods for 6 Months
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Acting PM Signs Decision to Send Delegation to Moscow
Spanish Journalists Working near Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Threatened by Azerbaijani Forces
Five New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Armenia Records 224533 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
United States Calls on Azerbaijan and Armenia to Relocate Forces to the Positions They Held on May 11
Elections in Armenia: To Be or Not to Be?
With His Visit Philip Reeker Tried to Understand the Role and Significance of the Region in the US Global Agenda
Ebrahim Raisi Leads Iran Presidential Election with 17.8m Votes
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Regarding the Inadmissibility of the False Charges Against Armenian POWs and Captured Civilians
Armenia Reports 81 Daily Coronavirus Cases
German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Visit White House on July 15
The ''Decapitated" Foreign Ministry and the Growing Challenges of Armenia's Foreign Policy
Armen Sarkissian Holds Phone Conversation with NSS, Police Chiefs Ahead of Snap Elections
Moscow Calls on Yerevan and Baku to Resolve All Emerging Problems Peacefully