The Video Conference of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
On February 16, Foreign Minister Ara Aivazian held a video conference with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Igor Popov (Russia), Stephane Visconti (France), Andrew Schofer (USA) and the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk.
The interlocutors exchanged views on the possibilities of resuming the peace process and the addressing of core issues of the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within its framework. In this regard, Minister Aivazian noted that the conflict is based on the right of the people of Artsakh to self-determination and security, and the consequences of the use of force cannot be considered as a resolution to the conflict.
In this context, Minister Aivazian reiterated the commitment of the Armenian side to continue the efforts for a peaceful settlement under the auspices of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairmanship, as the only internationally mandated format for mediation to the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ara Aivazian and the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs exchanged views on addressing humanitarian issues, enshrined also in the November 9 trilateral statement. Minister Aivazian particularly emphasized the imperative for the immediate repatriation of the prisoners of war, captured civilians and other detainees, emphasizing the unacceptability of Azerbaijan's destructive policy in this issue.
- Artsakh Ombudsman: The People Of Artsakh Have Never Lived And Can Never Live In Peace With Azerbaijan All attempts to show or stage the opposite are pointless, futile steps, the conviction of the people of Artsakh in this matter is inviolable and undeniable.
- Artsakh Defense Army: Our Units did not Open fire on Azerbaijan Positions at Shushi Outskirts The statement adds that the Artsakh Defense Army's vanguard units, adhering to the agreements reached, continue adhering to the ceasefire, and do not resort to actions destabilizing the situation.
- US Welcomes Release of 15 Armenian Captives by Azerbaijan, Calls for Return of All Detainees These actions follow Azerbaijan’s June 12 release of Armenian detainees and Armenia’s decision to provide Azerbaijan information to facilitate humanitarian demining.
- 3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties The remains were retrieved from the areas of the Martuni region occupied by Azerbaijani forces during the war, the State Service of Emergency Situations of Artsakh’s Interior Ministry reported.
- Two Armenian Villagers Were Released By Azerbaijan On June 12, two residents of Tegh village of Syunik Province (in the section of the border with Azerbaijan) were disoriented and found themselves in the territory of Azerbaijan while carrying out agricultural...
Armenia Records 230339 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Congresswoman Urges Azerbaijan to Immediately Withdraw from Armenian Territories and Stop Violence
Azerbaijani Forces Fire on Armenian Positions in Yeraskh Section of Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Armenia Records 230110 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
It is Obvious from this Picture that People are Under the Direct Target of the Azerbaijanis: Tatoyan
Comment of the Foreign Ministry on the Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
European Parliament Rapporteurs Condemn Azerbaijan’s Provocative Actions
Greek Foreign Minister: The Days of the Ottoman Empire are Over
"We Need to Avoid this Continuing Cycle of Conflict": PACE Rapporteur Concerned over Situation on Armenian-Azeri Border
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Moscow Concerned by Recent Armed Incidents on Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Azerbaijan Undertakes Another Provocation on Border in the Direction of Nakhichevan
Armenia Downs Azerbaijani Aerostar Drone
Armenia Records 229867 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Concerned Over Repeated Incidents Along Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Armenia's Air Defense Forces Prevent Infiltration of Azeri UAVs into Armenia's Airspace: Armenia MOD
Armenia Acting FM Holds Phone Talks with EU Special Representative
The Co-Chairs Call Upon Armenia and Azerbaijan to De-Escalate the Situation Immediately
Iran Ready to Help Restore Peace between Azerbaijan, Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Armenia-Azerbaijan Border Situation
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Deputy Chief of RF Armed Forces General Staff Sergey Istrakov
Assistance in Future Solution to Nagorno-Karabakh Issue in South Caucasus Is Required: Lukashevich
Armenia Funeral Commission Set Up in Connection with Djivan Gasparyan's Passing
ECtHR Issues Badalyan v. Azerbaijan Case Decision, Confirms Torture and Illegal Imprisonment
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Statement of the MFA of the Republic of Armenia
US Left Afghan Airfield at Night, didn’t Tell New Commander
EU to Allocate over €1.5bn to Armenia for Five Programs
Communication Lost with a Serviceman and Driver on Duty– Armenia MOD
Armenia to Send Observation Mission for Russia’s State Duma Elections