Lavrov Considers it Necessary for Russia to Get Away from Using US Dollar
You see how the United States announcing its task to limit the technological development opportunities of both the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stated, Interfax reports.
"So, we [Russia] must reduce the risk of sanctions by strengthening our technological independence, switching to national currencies that are an alternative to the [US] dollar, and switching to calculations with global currencies," Lavrov added.
He explained that life forces Russia and China to "build their line in economic and social development so as not to be dependant on the ‘whims’ shown by our Western partners."
"In general, it is wrong to punish anyone in the modern international arena, and it is simply unwise to approach Russia and China on such a standard," Sergey Lavrov said.
- World Oil Prices Falling Accordingly, the WTI crude oil futures for May fell by 0.69 percent to $64.47 a barrel.
- UN Improves Forecast of Global Economic Growth for Current Year The global economy is expected to grow 4.7% this year - faster than forecast in September (4.3%), thanks in part to a stronger recovery in the United States, where progress in vaccine distribution and...
- World Oil Prices Going Up Accordingly, the WTI oil futures for April have risen by 1.18 percent to $62.43 a barrel.
- Brent Crude Surpasses $65 per Barrel First Time Since January 2020 As of 4:10 Moscow time, the Brent oil price was up by 1.7% trading at $65.46 per barrel, while the WTI oil price was up by 1.7% at $62.21 per barrel.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
We're Receiving Positive Signals from Pashinyan, Erdogan Says
Pashinyan-Erdogan Meeting Is Not Planned: Armenia's Deputy Prime Minister
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament to Pay Official Visit to Russia
Irakli Garibashvili Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan on Indpendence Day
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Aurora to Honor the Spirit of Humanity in Venice
Secretary General of La Francophonie Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Tehran To Host Iran-Azerbaijan-Turkey Foreign Ministerial Meeting
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Met with Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian
Armenia Records 255648 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House Passes Amendment Demanding Immediate Release of Armenian POWs
Russia Considers Minsk Group an Important Tool for NK Conflict Settlement
President of Iran Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Kremlin Regrets Erdogan's Remarks on Crimea Amid Preparations for His Visit to Russia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ukrainian Presidential Aide Survives Assassination Attempt
Secretary Blinken, Turkey’s Cavusoglu Discuss Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 254709 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Putin Appoints Armenia's Mikayel Aghasandyan Russia's Permanent and Plenipotentiary Representative to CSTO
Russia Regrets Turkey’s Refusal to Recognize Duma Election Results in Crimea - Kremlin
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved