OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity
The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stephane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America) released the following statement Tuesday:
The Co-Chairs note with satisfaction the consolidation of the ceasefire, and are closely monitoring the implementation of the agreement reached by the parties on 9 November 2020. The Co-Chairs welcome the significant achievements with regard to the return of the remains of the deceased, and the ongoing progress with regard to the resettlement of those displaced by the conflict, provision of humanitarian assistance and adequate living conditions, as well as constructive discussions aimed at unblocking transportation and communication lines throughout the region.
Having in mind the terms of their OSCE mandate and the aspirations of all the people of the region for a stable, peaceful, and prosperous future, the Co-Chairs stress that special attention should be paid to the achievement of a final comprehensive and sustainable settlement on the basis of the elements and principles well-known to the sides.
In this respect, the Co-Chairs call on the parties to resume high-level political dialogue under the auspices of the Co-Chairs at the earliest opportunity. They reiterate their proposal to organize direct bilateral consultations under their auspices, in order for the sides to review and agree jointly upon a structured agenda, reflecting their priorities, without preconditions.
The Co-Chairs also express their strong support for the continuing activities and possible expansion of the mission of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chair-in-Office (PRCiO) and call on the sides to provide full access and support to its efforts. The Co-Chairs underscore their readiness to resume working visits to the region, including Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding areas, to carry out their assessment and mediation roles. In this regard, the Co-Chairs remind the sides of the requirement to provide unimpeded access and maximum flexibility of movement with regard to the Co-Chairs’ travel itineraries, in accordance with their mandate and previous practice.
- 3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties The remains were retrieved from the areas of the Martuni region occupied by Azerbaijani forces during the war, the State Service of Emergency Situations of Artsakh’s Interior Ministry reported.
- Two Armenian Villagers Were Released By Azerbaijan On June 12, two residents of Tegh village of Syunik Province (in the section of the border with Azerbaijan) were disoriented and found themselves in the territory of Azerbaijan while carrying out agricultural...
- OSCE Chairperson-In-Office Welcomed The Return Of 15 Armenian Prisoners Of Wa "I welcome the return of 15 detainees to Armenia today and the handover to Azerbaijan of information that will facilitate demining. This shows value of the OSCE. These confidence building measures can...
- Moscow Welcomes The Fact That The Azerbaijani Side Returned 15 Prisoners Of War To Yerevan In Exchange Of Mine Maps Moscow welcomes the fact that the Azerbaijani side returned 15 prisoners of war to Yerevan in exchange of mine maps. This is what Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation...
- The EU Will Continue To Offer Assistance To Enhance Release Of Detainees: President of the European Council Charles Michel, President of the European Council, expressed his support for the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan in connection with the return of prisoners.
Commemoration Day of the Discovery of the Relics of St. Gregory the Illuminator
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Regarding the Inadmissibility of the False Charges Against Armenian POWs and Captured Civilians
You will Never Feel Deceived - Robert Kocharyan
There Were and Are Those Who Will Put Aliyev in His Place
Armenia, Iran Plan to Create Operational Communication between Meghri and Norduz Checkpoints
"Armenia" Bloc – 28,7%, Civil Contract 25,2% - Gallup Publishes Poll Results
Russia in Contact with all Parties over Settlement of Situation over Karabakh - Kremlin Spokesperson
Two New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Armenia Reports 86 New Cases of Coronavirus
Delimitation, Demarcation Issues Should not be Discussed Only from the Political and Military Viewpoints: Armenia Ombudsman
Return of 15 Armenian POWs Instills Hope for Major Change in Regional Atmosphere: Pashinyan
The Comment of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Declaration Signed by the Presidents of Turkey and Azerbaijan
Zakharova: Russia Sees Need to Demarcate and Delineate Armenia-Azerbaijan Borders as Soon as Possible
3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties
Sergei Lavrov and OSCE Secretary General Helga Schmid to Discuss Nagorno-Karabakh
Erdogan Does Not Exclude the Creation of a Turkish Military Base in Azerbaijan
EU, WHO Hand over 22 Ventilators to Armenia’s Health Ministry
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Quake Hits Armenia
Parents of Missing Soldiers Meet with Caretaker PM Pashinyan
United States Calls on Azerbaijan and Armenia to Relocate Forces to the Positions They Held on May 11
Elections in Armenia: To Be or Not to Be?
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Tense, 500-600 Azeri Militaries are in Armenia’s Territory: Pashinyan
German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Visit White House on July 15
Biden Administration Proposes $24,005,000 Post-War Aid Package for Armenia
ECHR Examines Armenia’s Appeal Over Case of Six Servicemen Captured by Azerbaijani Forces
CSTO Countries to Carry out Thunderbolt-2021 Drills in Armenia with Involvement of Armored Vehicles, Aviation
Moscow Calls on Yerevan and Baku to Resolve All Emerging Problems Peacefully
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call for Release of All POWs, Relocation Troops
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia