Armenia Does Not See Much Progress in Talks with Turkey
Armenia does not see much progress in the negotiation process with Ankara, Armenia’s Special Representative for normalization talks with Turkey Ruben Rubinyan told reporters at the National Assembly today, Armradio reports.
“Since the beginning of the process, Armenia has been very constructive, Armenia has the political will, and the success of this process depends on the political will of Turkey. As you can see, up to this point there has not been much progress” he said.
Rubinyan said there is no specific document on the table and reiterated that there is no issue of “re-delimitation” of borders on the agenda.
The Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly noted that the proposal of the Turkish side to hold a meeting in Yerevan implies that “the Turkish colleagues consider the process to be two-sided.”
“But in this context, the statements of some Turkish officials that they coordinate or coordinate the process with Azerbaijan are a bit strange. But I repeat that the main thing in the process is political will, if there is will, the rest is easy to solve,” Rubinyan stated.
He added that the lack of progress so far does not mean there cannot be any in the future.
The Special Representatives will hold their fourth meeting in Vienna on July 1.
- Turkey Ready to Move Armenia Normalisation Talks to Yerevan and Ankara Last month, Turkey and Armenia decided to begin direct air-cargo trade and open their land borders to third-country citizens as soon as possible.
- Ruben Rubinyan Presented the Current Situation of the Armenia-Turkey Settlement Process to the French Ambassador to Armenia A number of issues regarding the regional security were also discussed.
- Russia Welcomes Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Lavrov This is an important additional channel for establishing a dialogue and developing multifaceted cooperation between the countries of the region and their neighbors.
- Blinken and Cavusoglu Discuss Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations According to the State Department, the interlocutors discussed the normalization of Turkish-Armenian relations and additional steps the US could take to support these efforts.
- Flyone Armenia to Launch Yerevan-Istanbul Flights on February 2 The Turkish Pegasus airline will also operate the route, again three times per week.
Artsakh FM Bestowed with Freedom Award in LA
U.S. Ambassador meets with people affected from latest Azeri aggression in Syunik province
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Lecture in the University of California
Despite all factors, we are determined to protect our independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity. Prime Minister
India to supply arms and ammunition to Armenia
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Remains Unchanged
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Participated in the Ceremony of Signing the Declaration of Friendship Between the Cities of Martouni and Glendale
US engaging at multiple levels to reinforce the need to de-escalate and to disengage
French co-Chairman of OSCE Minsk Group to Arrive in Yerevan This Week
Provocation of Azerbaijan is aimed at disrupting the meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the two countries: MFA
Defense Ministry: As result of Azerbaijani provocation, three Armenians are killed
Russian Ambassador visits Jermuk and Goris
Azerbaijani forces fire at Armenian military positions – MoD
US envoy visits Armenia’s Syunik Province
Russian diplomat wants to hold Biden accountable for US sabotage of pipelines
Armenia defense minister briefs France colleague on current situation due to Azerbaijan military aggression
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Received the Representatives of the France-Armenia Friendship Group
The macroeconomic, fiscal and expenditure framework of the 2023 draft state budget discussed at Government
Kocharyan: Key to Artsakh's future in the hands of people
Nikol Pashinyan receives the delegation of the France-Armenia friendship group of the French Senate
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Wind: 2.06 km/h