Armenia Does Not See Much Progress in Talks with Turkey
Armenia does not see much progress in the negotiation process with Ankara, Armenia’s Special Representative for normalization talks with Turkey Ruben Rubinyan told reporters at the National Assembly today, Armradio reports.
“Since the beginning of the process, Armenia has been very constructive, Armenia has the political will, and the success of this process depends on the political will of Turkey. As you can see, up to this point there has not been much progress” he said.
Rubinyan said there is no specific document on the table and reiterated that there is no issue of “re-delimitation” of borders on the agenda.
The Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly noted that the proposal of the Turkish side to hold a meeting in Yerevan implies that “the Turkish colleagues consider the process to be two-sided.”
“But in this context, the statements of some Turkish officials that they coordinate or coordinate the process with Azerbaijan are a bit strange. But I repeat that the main thing in the process is political will, if there is will, the rest is easy to solve,” Rubinyan stated.
He added that the lack of progress so far does not mean there cannot be any in the future.
The Special Representatives will hold their fourth meeting in Vienna on July 1.
- Ter-Petrosyan's Comparison of Zurich Protocols and Possible Armenian-Turkish Peace Treaty is Inappropriate "Third Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan's point of view regarding the first RA President Levon Ter-Petrosyan's assessment of the Catholicos's initiative of a meeting of the former presidents of Armenia...
- Turkey Ready to Move Armenia Normalisation Talks to Yerevan and Ankara Last month, Turkey and Armenia decided to begin direct air-cargo trade and open their land borders to third-country citizens as soon as possible.
- Ruben Rubinyan Presented the Current Situation of the Armenia-Turkey Settlement Process to the French Ambassador to Armenia A number of issues regarding the regional security were also discussed.
- Russia Welcomes Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations: Lavrov This is an important additional channel for establishing a dialogue and developing multifaceted cooperation between the countries of the region and their neighbors.
- Blinken and Cavusoglu Discuss Normalization of Armenian-Turkish Relations According to the State Department, the interlocutors discussed the normalization of Turkish-Armenian relations and additional steps the US could take to support these efforts.
At NATO headquarters, Secretary of Armenia’s Security Council talks about Azerbaijani war crimes
US State Department calls for an investigation into the execution of Armenian prisoners by Azerbaijani soldiers
The British Embassy in Armenia is Horrified by the Footage of the Killing of Armenian POWs by Azerbaijani Armed Forces
Ter-Petrosyan's Comparison of Zurich Protocols and Possible Armenian-Turkish Peace Treaty is Inappropriate
Azerbaijani army opened fire from mortars and large-caliber rifles in the direction of Armenian positions
The President of the Artsakh Republic convened an extended sitting of the Security Council
EU calls on Azerbaijan to immediately investigate the footage of the shooting of Armenian prisoners of war
Pashinyan receives the delegation led by the First President of the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation
Armenia MOD Delegation Visits Several US Military Training Institutions
Emotions must not prevail, says Kremlin after Kadyrov’s remark about nuclear weapons
Azerbaijan aims for larger occupied territories in Armenia, Security Council Secretary tells Fox News
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to the Prime Minister of Iraq
Azerbaijan confirmed holding 17 Armenian POWs after latest aggression: ECHR
Armenian Defense Ministry’s Top Officials Visit Several Educational Institutions In U.S.
FM Ararat Mirzoyan met with State Secretary of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland Livia Leu
Artsakh is a shield that has protected Armenia for centuries: Artsakh MFA
Savage Images of Azerbaijani Soldiers Shooting Armenian POWs to Death Are Unacceptable: Spain Lawmaker
Azerbaijan Attacked Internationally Recognized Territories of Armenia: Spanish El País Newspaper’s Coverage
Azerbaijan Refuses to Fulfill its Promise to Release Armenian POWs For Already the Second Time: PM Pashinyan
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Wind: 1.54 km/h