The EU and Armenia May Come Up With a Joint Statement in Riga
"Armedia” Information, Analytical Agency presents an exclusive interview with the RA NA Deputy, European Union-Armenia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee Co-Chair Samvel Farmanyan.
- How do you assess the present phase of the EU-Armenia relations. How much could you come to mutual understanding with the European partners and overcome the existing difficulties?
- Deepening of relations with the EU has always been and remains one of the main priorities of
- What expectations do you have from the Riga
- I think, the
- How long do you think, will the negotiations last after a mandate is granted by the European Commission? What role can the parliamentary diplomacy play in this phase?
- Taking into consideration the fact that the negotiating teams will not start everything from a blank page, we may suppose that the negotiations will not last long. An enormous work has been carried out in the stage of the Association Agreement negotiations and now, it mainly remains to bring out all the provisions having any contradictions in regard with
As for the parliamentary diplomacy it has a rather determinant role, especially taking into account that in the capitals of EU member states the decisions regarding the EaP countries are not always being discussed with the members of the national governments or their representatives of the European Parliamentary structures. In this regard we have productive work experience and we will continue our targeted work both with the capitals and with
- How effective, according to you, are the Eastern Partnership instruments today? What reforms are needed to improve their productivity and take into account mutual expectations and possibilities.
- There is a need to make conclusions both for the EU and the Eastern Partnership countries. One can draw plenty of those. The most important is that Armenia as a partner wishes that everyone realizes that the Eastern Partnership cannot be addressed against any of the sides and that the partners must not stand before a choice.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers Within the framework of the 26th OSCE Ministerial Conference in Bratislava, Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan participated in the meeting between the newly appointed EU High Representative for Foreign...
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership “Insight from Yerevan: Earth” hosted political scientist, PhD Narek Grigoryan, to discuss the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership, EU policy and RA-EU relations.
- The EU EaP Future to Be Built on Dreams and Hopes Today the EU problem is not having similar agreements with the Eastern partners and moving forward with common principles, but not losing partners in the region and finding ways to deepen cooperation...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Lavrov, Pompeo Discuss Coronavirus Situation, Results of G20 Summit- TASS
Artsakh Central Electoral Commission Chairperson Receives Armenia MPs
3 Armenian Servicemen Wounded from Azerbaijan's Gunshots
Putin, Trump Discuss Oil Markets, Coronavirus by Phone: Reuters
Prince Charles Is out of Isolation after Contracting Coronavirus: CNN
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Government to Provide Support to Workers in a Number of Sectors, Pregnant Women and Job-Seekers: 3 New anti-Crisis Packages Adopted
New Dates For Tokyo Olympics Games Confirmed
Local Governments in China Issue Free Digital Coupons to Stimulate Consumption Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Bloomberg: Bulgaria’s Euro Accession Dream Stumbles as Virus Spreads
Earthquake Hits 33 km North-East from Karvachar Town
European Commission Reallocated €140 million For The Most Immediate Needs In The Eastern Partnership Countries
The Amazing Finalists in the 2020 Hair-Freezing Contest
Another Armenia Soldier Diagnosed With Coronavirus
Yemen's Houthi Militias Claim Responsibility for Botched Attack on Saudi Arabia
WTI Oil Price Breaks $20 Barrier for First Time Since 2002
TASS: Tehran Calls US Sanctions Amid Coronavirus Pandemic ‘Medical Terrorism’
Bako Sahakyan Sent a Condolence Letter to the Family of Patrick Devedjian
North Korea Says Tested Multiple Rocket Launcher
Number of Coronavirus Cases in Armenia Reach 482
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Daughter of Emir of Kuwait Told about Her Armenian Grandmother, who Survived the Armenian Genocide
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Wind: 5 km/h